"Bogleheads on Investing" podcast stats and guests

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Rick Ferri

"Bogleheads on Investing" podcast stats and guests

Post by Rick Ferri »

There have been over 85,000 downloads worldwide of the "Bogleheads on Investing" podcast. Here are links to all episodes:

Sep. 2018: John Bogle
Oct. 2018: David Blitzer
Nov. 2018: Jonathan Clements
Dec. 2018: Cristine Benz
Jan. 2019: Gus Sauter
Feb. 2019: Dan Egan
Mar. 2019: Mike Piper
Apr. 2019: Allan Roth
May 2019: Wes Gray

About 15 percent of listeners are from outside the US. Next month, I'll interview Debbie Fuhr and Robin Powell. Debbie is a highly respected research analyst who tracks the global growth of ETF investing from London, England. Robin is a journalist, investor advocate, adviser consultant who also resides in the UK.

Stay tuned!

Rick Ferri
The Education of an Index Investor: born in darkness, finds indexing enlightenment, overcomplicates everything, embraces simplicity.
Augustus

Re: "Bogleheads on Investing" podcast stats and guests

Post by Augustus »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Augustus on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elena

Post by Elena »

Do you think it is worth reposting this in the Bogleheads Spain's website?

Also, I am still trying to figure out how to have software transcribe the podcasts, since I do not have the mp3 files but stream them.

I liked all of them. Even when I do not follow some intricate mechanisms, I do "get" the philosophy behind diferent financial constructs. Thank you!

Elena.
woldemariam

Post by woldemariam »

Wow I had no idea there was a Bogleheads on Investing podcast. Just subscribed. Thanks
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

Thank you Rick. I really enjoy your podcasts. I have listened up through March. I especially liked the one with Christine Benz regarding Bucket Strategy. You are also very good at paraphrasing what your guest says and putting it to simpler terms or real life examples so your audience can better understand certain concepts. The podcasts are outstanding and I highly recommend them to the Bogleheads here.

Todd
“Don't waste your time looking back. You're not going that way.” ― Ragnar Lothbrok.
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz »

Hi;
I have posted a link and rough translation over at Blogs, páginas webs, recursos, etc, Bogleheads® España.

regards,
Additional administrative tasks: Financial Page bogleheads.org. blog; finiki the Canadian wiki; The Bogle Center for Financial Literacy site; La Guía Bogleheads® España site.
dharrythomas

Post by dharrythomas »

Rick,

The podcast is great. Thanks for all you do here and for your military service.

Harry
donaldfair71

Post by donaldfair71 »

This podcast goes to the front of the queue when it's released every month.

I personally really liked two points of discussion from Dr. Gray:

Your discussion about creating a way for the ultra wealthy to create their own ETF in order to offload capital gains. It would never apply to me, but just a theoretical discussion that I got a lot out of as I listened.

Second, Dr Gray's anecdote about Jack Vogel telling him that it's not so much that this guy/girl or that guy/girl adds value, or that this factor adds value or that one, but that it didn't matter. As soon as you recognize it everyone else can/will have an algorithm to replicate it.
Nate79

Post by Nate79 »

Excellent podcast. Keep up the good work.
Cousin Eddie

Post by Cousin Eddie »

Socrates wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:21 pm Thank you Rick. I really enjoy your podcasts. I have listened up through March. I especially liked the one with Christine Benz regarding Bucket Strategy. You are also very good at paraphrasing what your guest says and putting it to simpler terms or real life examples so your audience can better understand certain concepts. The podcasts are outstanding and I highly recommend them to the Bogleheads here.

Todd
I just listened to the Christine Benz interview and that was interesting. I like the idea of layering a bucket strategy on top of my portfolios as a means for maintaining an investment strategy during downturns while using the dividend and interest income for current spending. It lowers the risk of doing something stupid at the wrong moment.

The interview also gave me thought about using a fee-based adviser at some point in the future as a sanity check. I've never used an adviser and have been pretty averse to it, but I'm rethinking and it may be a good thing to do just prior to retirement, especially in case I do set up a bucket strategy.
Whakamole

Post by Whakamole »

This is now one of my must-listen podcasts. Just finished up the latest one with Wes Gray today.
bluerafters

Post by bluerafters »

Rick: Any chance of a dedicated Twitter just for the podcast? I've got your personal Twitter feed in my podcast(s) list but I'd like to see one just for the show in case I need to retweet.
Topic Author
Rick Ferri

Post by Rick Ferri »

bluerafters wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:54 am Rick: Any chance of a dedicated Twitter just for the podcast? I've got your personal Twitter feed in my podcast(s) list but I'd like to see one just for the show in case I need to retweet.
Not in the works at the moment. Mel has the Twitter handle @Bogleheads but doesn't use it. I'll see if he wants to do that.

Rick Ferri
The Education of an Index Investor: born in darkness, finds indexing enlightenment, overcomplicates everything, embraces simplicity.
JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

Rick Ferri wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:48 pm
bluerafters wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:54 am Rick: Any chance of a dedicated Twitter just for the podcast? I've got your personal Twitter feed in my podcast(s) list but I'd like to see one just for the show in case I need to retweet.
Not in the works at the moment. Mel has the Twitter handle @Bogleheads but doesn't use it. I'll see if he wants to do that.

Rick Ferri
Perhaps Bogleheads being silent on Twitter is for the best. There's a culture of shock and scandal over everything in that corner of the Interwebs...
Chase bank offered some suggestions for people to save more and it didn't go over well :shock:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bu ... 624733002/
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
drgenefish

Post by drgenefish »

just found this podcast and binge listened to the first five episodes this weekend.

good stuff.

I would love to hear a little more of your opinions scattered in there.
esteen

Post by esteen »

I've listened to every episode so far and cannot wait for more. Thank you Rick for hosting these delightful & informative podcasts!
bluerafters

Post by bluerafters »

Rick Ferri
@Bogleheadspod?
Topic Author
Rick Ferri

Post by Rick Ferri »

bluerafters wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:12 am

Rick Ferri
@Bogleheadspod?
Anyone can claim that handle. So...there you go...Be the one and make the tweets!

:happy