VFSVX to Admiral... must I switch to new platform?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
gmtret

VFSVX to Admiral... must I switch to new platform?

Post by gmtret » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:07 am

I noticed today that VFSVX was available for admiral shares. In checking this out I noticed that the fnd now owned has the old number by acct designation, while the new admiral shares had a different designation. Does anyone know whether I must switch to the brokerage platform if I want the admiral shares?
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." | - Albert Einstein

SpringMan

Re: VFSVX to Admiral... must I switch to nerw platform?

Post by SpringMan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:36 am

You should be able to promote the shares yourself on their website or wait and Vanguard will do it for you. I think Vanguard is pushing everyone to move to their brokerage accounts. I can't answer your question but would pose it to Vanguard. I moved to VBS some time back and I use the ETF share class VSS.
Best Wishes, SpringMan

Nahtanoj

Post by Nahtanoj » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:00 am

I converted from the Investor share class to the Admiral share class, and I was not required to convert to a brokerage account. I am now holding the Admiral shares in the mutual fund platform.

jeffyscott

Post by jeffyscott » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:34 pm

Nahtanoj wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:00 am
I converted from the Investor share class to the Admiral share class, and I was not required to convert to a brokerage account. I am now holding the Admiral shares in the mutual fund platform.
Same here, did the conversion while continuing to refuse to convert to brokerage account.
press on, regardless - John C. Bogle

Topic Author
gmtret

Re: VFSVX to Admiral... must I switch to new platform?

Post by gmtret » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:22 pm

Thanks to all for the replies as I'll pass on the brokerage acct for a variety of reasons...

Good luck,
Chris
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." | - Albert Einstein