Tributes to Jack Bogle

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
liynus

Re: Tributes to Jack Bogle

Post by liynus »

too young to really know him, but i heard the wisdom of his words from all those on this board
FreeAtLast

Post by FreeAtLast »

Every January 1st, I download a summary of the balances for all of my Vanguard mutual funds. I look it over and then always say out loud, "Thank you again, Jack Bogle!" Such a wonderful human being. We won't see his equal in the finance industry for a long time, if ever.
Illegitimi non carborundum.
rockonhumblepie

Post by rockonhumblepie »

When I had to quit work at 53yo because of injury,I was very happy I followed Jack Bogles principals of investing.

Instead of going to the bar with rest of the crew on our layover (mostly) I read his books and my employer just happened to offer a Vanguard 401k.

Many thanks to the wise and kind gentlemen for sharing his thoughts. A life well spent helping others help themselves.
Peculiar_Investor

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

It is probably linked somewhere in this topic, but is worth repeating:

John C. Bogle, A look back at the life of Vanguard's founder | Vanguard

As an investor based in Canada it took me quite awhile to discover his message and for a variety of tax reasons I don't necessarily adhere to it for my own accounts, but I've come to fully appreciate his efforts and try to make sure I convey the simplicity of his approach to any and all who will listen.

I had the pleasure of meeting him and having him sign books at one of the annual Bogleheads conferences. A true gentleman who is missed.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
rhodnius

Re: In honor of my personal hero John C. Bogle

Post by rhodnius »

Wiggums wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 am
bondsr4me wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:54 am
rhodnius wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 pm Thank you Jack...

pretty kool!
Very nice...I have Maryland covered.Image
Awesome! :sharebeer
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The period of remembrance is over. This thread is no longer at the top of every forum and the header colors have been restored. We'll do this again next year.

Members may contribute to this thread at any time.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Dasnyc

Re: In honor of my personal hero John C. Bogle

Post by Dasnyc »

larryswedroe wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:36 pm Thought you would all enjoy the following
Vanguard Founder, John C. (Jack) Bogle, 1929-2019...
Thank you for sharing this. As detailed in your post, we were lucky to have him.