Vanguard Mobile Check--Still Not Working (UPDATE:--Now Working Again)

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Rager1

Vanguard Mobile Check--Still Not Working (UPDATE:--Now Working Again)

Post by Rager1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Below is a copy of a secure message I just sent my Flagship rep at Vanguard.
I'm sorry to report that Mobile Check still does not work for my Vanguard Advantage Account.

Today, I attempted three times to deposit a check using the app. The first message I received was that the system couldn't read the check. On the second attempt, the message said the amount I entered didn't match the amount on the check (but it did).

The third attempt let me through but when I hit the submit button, it bounced me back to the Vanguard log in screen as if I wasn't already in my account.

I gave up. I'm really annoyed that Vanguard took this feature away over 2 years ago and still hasn't fixed it
I was hoping to report here on the forum that the issue was finally resolved, but it's not. I converted to the "New Platform" and after that conversion, the Mobile Check feature stopped working. If you're a fan of Mobile Check and haven't converted, I'd recommend that you not convert until Vanguard get's it's act together.

Ed
Last edited by Rager1 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heartwood

Re: Vanguard Mobile Check--Still Not Working

Post by heartwood » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Rager1 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:05 pm
Below is a copy of a secure message I just sent my Flagship rep at Vanguard.
I'm sorry to report that Mobile Check still does not work for my Vanguard Advantage Account.

Today, I attempted three times to deposit a check using the app. The first message I received was that the system couldn't read the check. On the second attempt, the message said the amount I entered didn't match the amount on the check (but it did).

The third attempt let me through but when I hit the submit button, it bounced me back to the Vanguard log in screen as if I wasn't already in my account.

I gave up. I'm really annoyed that Vanguard took this feature away over 2 years ago and still hasn't fixed it
I was hoping to report here on the forum that the issue was finally resolved, but it's not. I converted to the "New Platform" and after that conversion, the Mobile Check feature stopped working. If you're a fan of Mobile Check and haven't converted, I'd recommend that you not convert until Vanguard get's it's act together.

Ed
It worked for me about a week ago, but I've only used it once.

yohac

Post by yohac » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:52 pm

Rager1 wrote:
I converted to the "New Platform" and after that conversion, the Mobile Check feature stopped working.
Mobile Check has never worked for me on the "New Platform". Closest thing I've found to an explanation is this Q/A, which has been on https://personal.vanguard.com/us/help/F ... ontent.jsp roughly forever:

Can I use mobile check investment to add money to my brokerage account settlement fund?
Not if you have a Vanguard Brokerage Account that holds Vanguard mutual funds, including your settlement fund, but we expect to offer that service soon. If your settlement fund isn't in your Vanguard Brokerage Account, you can still invest checks using mobile check investment.

heartwood

Post by heartwood » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:00 pm

yohac wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:52 pm
Rager1 wrote:
I converted to the "New Platform" and after that conversion, the Mobile Check feature stopped working.
Mobile Check has never worked for me on the "New Platform". Closest thing I've found to an explanation is this Q/A, which has been on https://personal.vanguard.com/us/help/F ... ontent.jsp roughly forever:

Can I use mobile check investment to add money to my brokerage account settlement fund?
Not if you have a Vanguard Brokerage Account that holds Vanguard mutual funds, including your settlement fund, but we expect to offer that service soon. If your settlement fund isn't in your Vanguard Brokerage Account, you can still invest checks using mobile check investment.
As above, my experience differs. I frequently used mobile check deposit in my old account. It stopped working, w/o warning, when I upgraded to a brokerage account. It took them 2 years to roll it out again sometime in late Sept or early Oct 2018.

After it was reported as working again as a post on the blog, I tried a small check deposit to my Vanguard Brokerage account. The account is a Vanguard Advantage Account and has both the settlement account and Vanguard mutual funds, as well as the Advantage checking/billpay. It worked fine for me. At least for me, your link is incorrect.

Rager1

Post by Rager1 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:12 pm

UPDATE:

Mobile Check is now working again! It was a long, long wait and I'm glad it's over.

The solution for me was to un-install the Vanguard App on my iPhone, and then re-install it. My Flagship rep contacted the tech support team who recommended that solution.

If others are having problems with Mobile Check using the "upgraded" platform, this might also work for you.

Ed