Podcast Now Available - Bogleheads On Investing: Episode #1 with John C. Bogle

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
stemikger

Re: Podcast Now Available - Bogleheads On Investing: Episode #1 with John C. Bogle

Post by stemikger » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Great Podcast! Thanks Rick!
Choose Simplicity ~ Stay the Course!! ~ Press on Regardless!!!

randomizer

Re: Podcast Now Available - Bogleheads On Investing: Episode #1 with John C. Bogle

Post by randomizer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Looking forward to listening to this and to future episodes.
87.5:12.5, EM tilt — HODL the course!

Hukedonfonix4me

Post by Hukedonfonix4me » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Downloaded from iTunes. Looking forward to listening on the ride home. Thanks Rick!
"While some mutual fund founders chose to make billions, he chose to make a difference." | -The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:21 pm

First or maybe second post, but...long time adopter to indexing.

Thanks Rick for a great first show, the Bolgeheads Guide to investing and your book All About Asset Allocation is what got me started on my journey.

Rick Ferri

Post by Rick Ferri » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Over 3,300 downloads so far! Our goal was 2,000.

Bogleheads On Investing: Episode 001 - special guest John C. Bogle

My guest next month will be Dr. David Blitzer, Managing Director and Chairman of the Index Committee at S&P Dow Jones Indices (S&P DJI). Dr. Blitzer has the overall responsibility for index security selection, including the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average, as well as index analysis and management.

Thanks!
Rick
The Education of an Index Investor: born in darkness, finds indexing enlightenment, overcomplicates everything, embraces simplicity.

lostdog

Post by lostdog » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:27 pm

Will this be available on Spotify also? I listen to Clark Howard and many others on the Spotify app.

Rick Ferri

Post by Rick Ferri » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Spotify requires 5 podcasts on the feed before they will place it.
You need to publish at least 5 episodes to be submitted to Spotify.
Rick Ferri
The Education of an Index Investor: born in darkness, finds indexing enlightenment, overcomplicates everything, embraces simplicity.

lostdog

Post by lostdog » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Rick Ferri wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:35 pm
Spotify requires 5 podcasts on the feed before they will place it.
You need to publish at least 5 episodes to be submitted to Spotify.
Rick Ferri
Thanks for checking Rick. I'll use Google play on my phone for now.

SteadyAsSheGoes

Post by SteadyAsSheGoes » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for a fantastic podcast. Looking forward to many more!

Rick Ferri

Post by Rick Ferri » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:00 am

Over 5,000 downloads of Episode #1 so far.

This weekend, look for Episode #2 with special guest Dr. David Blitzer, Managing Director and Chairman of the Index Committee at S&P Dow Jones Indices.

Rick Ferri

LittleGreenSoldiers

Post by LittleGreenSoldiers » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Outstanding job Rick!

Feed back for future recordings. It would be great if at the intro you could state the date so it is captured in the audio.

If there is anyway to edit Episode #1 before it gets pushed out to too many download sites that would be great.

Looking forward to episode #2.

yeahman

Post by yeahman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Anyway to fix Blitzer's audio? I had to turn it off because the clipping was so bad.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:57 pm

I would agree, the audio quality could be improved. It's also important to match the audio levels (same "volume" for everything). The lead intro and ending were much lower volume than the rest of the podcast.

During the interview, Rick mentioned a concept he uses called an index "strategy box". They're in the wiki. See: Stock market indexing (Benchmark index strategy box)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Rick Ferri

Post by Rick Ferri » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:23 pm

I would sure like some help editing the raw audio files if anyone is willing!

Rick Ferri

bluebutter

Post by bluebutter » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 pm

It would be lovely if it was available on Spotify! Thank you very much!

Rick Ferri

Post by Rick Ferri » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:19 am

Spotify requires 5 episodes before they will add it. We have to wait. :?

wilked

Post by wilked » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:55 am

Subscribed