Website to analyze investment portfolios?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Gamma Ray

Website to analyze investment portfolios?

Post by Gamma Ray » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Sorry if this was discussed, in fact I recall this being discussed in a thread I just can't find. There was a link to a website where you could put your portfolio details and it would tell you how much is international, your risk rating, industries invested in, etc. It wasn't really a part of large service or corporation but the info was very useful.

Does anyone remember what that website was?

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Website to analyze investment portfolios?

Post by LadyGeek » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:30 pm

This thread is now in the Investing - Theory, News & General forum (general question).

Is this it? Portfolio Visualizer
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

bradpevans

Post by bradpevans » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:33 pm

Personal Capital?

Mr.BB

Post by Mr.BB » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:53 pm

Morningstar XRay
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."

Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:52 pm

LadyGeek wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:30 pm
Portfolio Visualizer
This site will give you all that OP. Large vs. Mid vs. Small Cap, International vs. Domestic, Sectors, Sharpe Ratio, Sortino, Market correlation, etc, etc., etc.

For some of that stuff, you'll have to click on the "metrics" tab after your input all your holdings and analyze:

https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/bac ... sisResults

Gamma Ray

Post by Gamma Ray » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:40 am

Thanks for the replies, these all come very close to the website/tool that I've seen, but they are not really it.
Also Personal Capitol seems very pushy, they already emailed me twice about setting up accounts/advisors programs and other promos.

It is also asking me to link my bank/brokerage accounts instead of allowing me to manually put them.

Another one I found was https://secure.sigfig.com/ which works without having to link accounts, where you can put funds manually. They seem to offer online guidance but that require linking accounts. The website had a glitch yesterday, it couldn't recognize the per-share-value of one VG fund, but it seems to work fine today.

Porfolio Visualizer is very nice, but seems to be more complicated because I can't find the section where I can put my current funds and portfolio details with simply number of shares and get a detailed report. It's asking me for percentages instead of current values.

So I'll add sigfig as another source. Morningstar X-Ray is still the best, and if you go through TDameritrade website, you don't have to sign in for a quick review. https://www.tdameritrade.com/education/ ... -xray.page

Carlos, make sure to return those tapes before they occur late penalties.