[New Vanguard website layout starting Saturday, August 11]

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
jebmke

Re: [New Vanguard website layout starting Saturday, August 11]

Post by jebmke »

darkhorse346 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:37 pm The view is different depending on how you access you account balances.

My Accounts -> Balances and Holdings = the old view

of

My Accounts -> Holdings (2nd tab of 5 across top) = the alternate view
Mine is the same no matter how I get there.
Don't trust me, look it up. https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions-and-publications
fortyofforty

Post by fortyofforty »

UpperNwGuy wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:13 pm I just logged in and see no change to the display. Do the folks who see changes have the old mutual fund accounts or the brokerage accounts?
Brokerage. Logged into DW's account and saw the "new and improved" design. Logged into my own and it was the old setup. I prefer the old setup, and we were never asked which one we wanted. Sometimes when I login it's the new setup. I wish Vanguard would just go back to the old setup, once and for all.
EyeDee

New Vanguard Website Layout

Post by EyeDee »

We have old mutual fund accounts (no brokerage accounts) and we see the change.
am wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:14 pm
UpperNwGuy wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:13 pm I just logged in and see no change to the display. Do the folks who see changes have the old mutual fund accounts or the brokerage accounts?
Ive got the brokerage and see the change
Randy | SCA - Build Savings early by living below one's means, minimize Costs including taxes, and maintain a diverse Allocation.
StrangePenguin

Re: New layout of vanguard.com

Post by StrangePenguin »

am wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:52 pm
jmk wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:50 pm You talking about within the Holdings tab? Yes, it's changed. The funds are in different order now with a different look and a new download button.
Yes. No expense ratios and etfs and funds are lumped. But if you click around the site and go back to holdings, it reverts to the old format.
I have been seeing this since April. See the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=247973
It still has the behavior described above -- at first I see the "new view" but sometimes while clicking around the site I get back to the old view. I definitely prefer the old view.
drzzzzz

Post by drzzzzz »

The holdings page is now so annoying, who wants to scroll through pages on your screen to see stuff - Vanguard really needs to work on IT and obtain customer input before making changes.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

The holdings page started to change a few months ago. However, after clicking under balances the old webpage appeared. It appeared to be the start of the change. In my opinion the font is too large and the website should be improved.
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

darkhorse346 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:37 pm The view is different depending on how you access you account balances.

of

You're right. Hope "My Accounts -> Balances and Holdings = the old view" stays that way.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

I just logged on. I did not see the new "holdings" option.
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
Topic Author
am

Post by am »

Its unbelievable how a firm with trillions in assets could have such a poor website
Pacific

Post by Pacific »

Rager1 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:46 pm I don't see any changes in our accounts. Everything looks the same.

Ed
+1

No change on mine (except that both Total Stock Market and Total International lost value today).
peetsperk

Post by peetsperk »

For my accounts, every page except the home page has now been updated. It's clean, easy to read and summarizes key information I'm interested in reviewing. In my opinion, I believe it's an improvement. Thank you Vanguard!
columbia

Post by columbia »

am wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:01 pm Its unbelievable how a firm with trillions in assets could have such a poor website
It started in the last 6 months with the publicly facing pages. They have systematically made their web framework fail any reasonable usability standard.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

I mostly care about content, and despite all of the grumbling, I really like the content that Vanguard chooses to make available for its own mutual funds. I think it's at least as good as any other firm I know of (although since I spend 100X as much time on Vanguard that might just be knowing how to navigate the the site).

For example, and admittedly its two clicks and I needed to learn how to use it... but at Vanguard, if I want to know "exactly what index does the Vanguard Information Technology ETF track," starting from the web page for VGT it is "Portfolio & Management," then "strategy and policy," and I read--huh, I just pulled that ETF out of my head but it turns out to have a complicated answer:
the MSCI US Investable Market Information Technology 25/50 Transition Index, an interim index that will gradually adjust holdings in response to changes to the Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS®) announced by MSCI Inc. and S&P Dow Jones to the MSCI US Investable Market Information Technology 25/50 Index.
I like their risk indicator, and I like the fact that they only have five broad categories.

I like that they mention "number of stocks" held by a fund right there on the main page. That's probably a silly number, but it is often a little hard to find for competitors' funds.

Although it's too bad they only show their own fund, that the chart quality is poor, and that the vertical axis is linear (boo!), I do like the way their growth chart under the Price & Performance tab lets you compare two of their funds. I think Fidelity does this better, but there are many sites that do it worse.

It only just occurred to me that I don't believe I've ever clicked on the "News & Reviews" tab. Don't know what that says about me...

So, here's a challenge. Think of three things you'd like to know about the Stone Ridge Reinsurance Risk Premium Fund, SRRIX. Go to the stoneridgefunds.com website, click a stopwatch, and see how long it takes to answer those three questions. For example--use your own questions if you don't like mine: a) What is the expense ratio? b) What has been the total return since inception as of month-end (or at least quarter-end); c) What does the hypothetical growth of $10,000 chart look like?
Last edited by nisiprius on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
linenfort

Post by linenfort »

:arrow: Vanguard: New display this morning? Apr 25, 2018

I suspect Vanguard is trying to make things look better on phones. For example, when you look at a fund’s holdings, you can now view only 30 at a time.
Capital One did the same thing (large font) a long time ago, as did Chase.

Thankfully, as has been pointed out, you can still wend your way to the old desktop-friendly display by navigating through “My Accounts.”
harmoniousmonk

Post by harmoniousmonk »

Website down for me this morning with site maintenance underway.
oldcomputerguy

Re: New Vanguard website layout

Post by oldcomputerguy »

EyeDee wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:02 pm
They seem to forget that many people like using PCs for financial access.
I won't point any fingers at Vanguard for that, this seems to be the trend everywhere. For example, lately when I access Delta's web site with my desktop PC, I get the mobile site, which does not render properly on the PC desktop. Businesses seem to have forgotten that many people access their web sites on non-mobile browsers. (To be fair, I use Chrome on Linux Mint, so the browser identification likely confused Delta's server code; they seem to assume that anything that doesn't say "Windows" or "Mac" is mobile.)

I haven't had a chance yet to look at my login on vanguard.com, I'll be interested to see if the site displays differently for me.
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)
onourway

Post by onourway »

The reality is that most of the world does most of their web browsing from mobile devices these days, and it's much easier to navigate a mobile optimized site on a computer than the opposite. Re-designing a user interface of any type is a thankless job. Everyone is going to have an opinion, and most of the time the first impression is going to be negative because people generally prefer consistency. I'm not seeing any major differences in how the site looks. Yes, a bit larger text and some previously displayed information now has to be looked for. Vanguard doesn't have a fancy site but I've always appreciated that information is easily found and displayed in a no-nonsense way. We have accounts with most of the major low cost brokers (Fidelity, Schwab, TIAA, etc.) and I prefer Vanguard's site over any of those.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

oldcomputerguy wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:33 am
EyeDee wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:02 pm
They seem to forget that many people like using PCs for financial access.
I won't point any fingers at Vanguard for that, this seems to be the trend everywhere. For example, lately when I access Delta's web site with my desktop PC, I get the mobile site, which does not render properly on the PC desktop. Businesses seem to have forgotten that many people access their web sites on non-mobile browsers. (To be fair, I use Chrome on Linux Mint, so the browser identification likely confused Delta's server code; they seem to assume that anything that doesn't say "Windows" or "Mac" is mobile.)

I haven't had a chance yet to look at my login on vanguard.com, I'll be interested to see if the site displays differently for me.
I'm wondering if that's why I've never been able to view search engine results, or anything that needs dynamic content update, from Linux Firefox. It works on Chrome, but not Firefox. The browser user agent is not Windows or Mac, hence they don't bother to test it. That's poor Quality Assurance on their part. :annoyed
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
MnD

Post by MnD »

The ER's are taken off so we don't obsess about expense ratios.
Fonts and other layout changes are for better viewing on mobile devices.
70/30 AA for life, Global market cap equity. Rebalance if fixed income <25% or >35%. Weighted ER< .10%. 5% of annual portfolio balance SWR, Proportional (to AA) withdrawals.
jhfenton

Post by jhfenton »

of

It works the same for me today as for darkhorse346.

I've had the new Account Overview Page with more white space for a while. My wife has had it for even longer if we long in under her account. As of today, the white space design has expanded to encompass the Holdings page accessed through the tab, but not through the menu at the top. It is the same under both of our logins.

Overall, there are some aspects of the white space design that I like better. In particular, it is much easier to read on my phone. But I would prefer not to lump all of the holdings into alphabetical list. In my wife's Rollover IRA, we have mutual funds, ETFs, and individual bonds. I don't like lumping them all together. I could live with lump the mutual funds and ETFs together, but I think they should keep individual stocks and bonds in separate lists. Ideal would be the ability to sort them into different asset class categories (i.e. U.S. equity, ex-U.S. equity, fixed income).
Paul Romano

Post by Paul Romano »

The expense ratios are no longer listed on the Balance and Holdings page.

They have been moved and can be found by clicking on the Performance link on the Balance and Holding page.

I own several non Vanguard ETFs.

The expense ratios for the non Vanguard ETFs are now missing. They are blank.

Under the old format they displayed the expense ratios for the non Vanguard ETFs.

Anyone else seeing missing expense ratios for non Vanguard ETFs.
Silence Dogood

Post by Silence Dogood »

I prefer the old format as well. I'm a millennial but I don't see any reason to access Vanguard via mobile phone. It's one thing for online banking, to check balances, etc. but with Vanguard there's not any reason to.

I also wish that Vanguard would allow for more than 12 characters as a username. It's the only website I know of with such a strict limit.
MariaT

Post by MariaT »

Yes, just logged on and the new format showed as my default . As others have confirmed the "Balance and Holdings" on my end show the old format. I have not upgraded to the new platform and will keep it as is until given no option. However, under the new format the upgrade button does not exist.
Paul Romano wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:10 am The expense ratios are no longer listed on the Balance and Holdings page.

Not the case here. The expense ratios still show on the Balance and Holdings on mine.

Honestly, the new format doesn't bother me and has a cleaner look albeit bigger font size. With the new format the neumeric and alphabetical listings are a plus specially if you have a few brokered cds, treasuries as they will be on the first order. I like it.
MariaT

Post by MariaT »

I don't know what I did but my reply should have been broken as
MariaT wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:50 am Not the case here. The expense ratios still show on the Balance and Holdings on mine.

Honestly, the new format doesn't bother me and has a cleaner look albeit bigger font size. With the new format the neumeric and alphabetical listings are a plus specially if you have a few brokered cds, treasuries as they will be on the first order. I like i
Monster99

Post by Monster99 »

I noticed the change when I changed my browser to Chrome.....
H-Town

Post by H-Town »

am wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:42 pm I am seeing a new layout of my online accounts. There is a notable absence of expense ratios and the mutual funds and etfs are lumped into one without subheadings. Anyone else seeing this? After some clicking on the site, it goes back to the old format. I wonder if they did this to deemphasize fees given the recent fidelity changes?
yawning. they can't please everyone, can they?
Time is the ultimate currency.
welderwannabe

Post by welderwannabe »

Im not a fan of the new site. I understand it is easier to browse via mobile device, but since Vanguard already has an app, why the need to change the traditional web interface? All I do now is scroll, scroll, scroll to see my data.

Whatever, its all cyclical. A few years from now everyone will change the sites back to being more dense and herald having all your data on the screen without having to scroll as groundbreaking technology.
I am not an investment professional, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy »

LadyGeek wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:17 am I'm wondering if that's why I've never been able to view search engine results, or anything that needs dynamic content update, from Linux Firefox. It works on Chrome, but not Firefox. The browser user agent is not Windows or Mac, hence they don't bother to test it. That's poor Quality Assurance on their part. :annoyed
Agreed, although to be fair, the vast majority of the browsers out there are running either on a Windows platform, a Mac, or a mobile device (not many of us Linux geeks out there). So I suppose I can't be too surprised that web developers don't think to include that tiny fraction of the marketplace in their coding.

Although I sure would appreciate it if they did...
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)
tuningfork

Post by tuningfork »

I've had the new layout on my old-style mutual-fund-only account for a few months. Personally, I prefer the new layout. The tiny fonts with everything jammed together in the old layout would be fine for younger eyes, but not mine. I really don't use the website very often anyway since I use Moneydance which downloads transactions directly, so in the overall scheme it doesn't matter much.
Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom »

Out of curiosity I just logged into my old platform MF account via my PC. Looks the same to me, but I honestly probably couldn't tell you whether it has changed or not.
WanderingDoc

Post by WanderingDoc »

daveydoo wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:54 pm
am wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:42 pm ...There is a notable absence of expense ratios...
Not to sound paranoid but I think you're right. This is what I see, too, although I probably would not have noticed it (!). It was always sort of my "to-do" list when I looked at the ERs of my non-VG, non-index holdings -- waiting for corrections to swap those into the "right" funds with minimal tax implications. Now I don't have that mental "flag."

Edit: This was if I click on an individual account from the "Overview" screen...but if I select "Balances & Holdings" tab under "My Accounts" in the toolbar, I see the same old thing with the ERs.
If this is indeed true, I am giddy with excitement! Vanguard is definitely clenching it's behind right now.
I'm not looking to get rich quick (stocks), I'm not looking to get rich slow (indexing), I'm looking to get rich, for sure (real estate) | Don't wait to buy real estate. Buy real estate.. and wait.
Paul Romano

Post by Paul Romano »

daveydoo wrote: ↑Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:54 pm
am wrote: ↑Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:42 pm
...There is a notable absence of expense ratios...
Not to sound paranoid but I think you're right. This is what I see, too, although I probably would not have noticed it (!). It was always sort of my "to-do" list when I looked at the ERs of my non-VG, non-index holdings -- waiting for corrections to swap those into the "right" funds with minimal tax implications. Now I don't have that mental "flag."

Edit: This was if I click on an individual account from the "Overview" screen...but if I select "Balances & Holdings" tab under "My Accounts" in the toolbar, I see the same old thing with the ERs.

I am not seeing expense ratios for my Non Vanguard holdings. They are all blank and I tried the above. Somehow I think this is broken and needs to be corrected.
KyleAAA

Post by KyleAAA »

am wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:56 pm
daveydoo wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:54 pm
am wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:42 pm ...There is a notable absence of expense ratios...
And their portfolio watch still lists the old fideltiy index fund expense ratios. Makes me wonder if this is an intentional move.
It would take months to redesign and deploy a change like that, so I doubt it has anything to do with fidelity.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

Not seeing any changes, at least for the screens that I typically use (mostly Balance of all holdings, and Performance of all holdings).

And no apparent change in the "all of Vanguard" funds, which show expense ratios.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
MFInvestor

Post by MFInvestor »

Logging onto my account for the first time in several days and noticing the changes that are being discussed here.

I was alarmed until I found this topic being discussed here.

Surprisingly I have not received any notification from Vanguard regarding these changes nor can I find anything on the website announcing the changes.

I like the old format better. With the old format under my Balance and Holdings, there were separate categories for Funds, ETFs and Stocks. Now they are all mixed together in alphabetical order by symbol.

Honestly-- I can tell you the symbol for my Amazon stock--but have no idea what the symbols for Index 500 or Small Cap are.

The old format was much easier to read and track.

As others have also mentioned they have "hidden" the expense ratio for holdings and for my iShares ETFs the expense ratios are left blank.

It is difficult to comprehend how a company can initiate these changes over a weekend when they are closed.

Thank goodness the Bogleheads are open 7 x 24.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

MFInvestor wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:19 pm It is difficult to comprehend how a company can initiate these changes over a weekend when they are closed.
Software changes are always done on weekends or after business hours. If anything goes wrong, the impact is minimal.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 »

I see the changes. I only have 2 accounts left at Vanguard each with one fund, so it doesn't matter much to me. The initial screen is also different for me where you pick personal investor, etc. I have picked personal investor about 100 times and click for them to make that the default but it always seems to go back (and I don't clear cookies or anything). Annoying.
Paul Romano

Post by Paul Romano »

Post by LadyGeek » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:53 pm

MFInvestor wrote: ↑Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:19 pm

It is difficult to comprehend how a company can initiate these changes over a weekend when they are closed.

Software changes are always done on weekends or after business hours. If anything goes wrong, the impact is minimal.

I'm not in favor of making changes over the weekend when there is no customer support.

I understand making changes after business hours when a system is not being used. That should limit changes to weeknights after the close of business so that you are up and running the next day and have people ready to answer questions if necessary.

Users are your best feedback.

I also think that Users should be advised of changes. A brief note on the Home Page that we have updated our site and explanation of some of the significant changes.
blackburnian

Post by blackburnian »

I was able to get to the old format by doing the following:
Under Balances and Holdings, click on "Customize your account view"
At next window, click on "Cancel."
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

Paul Romano wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:52 am
Post by LadyGeek » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:53 pm

MFInvestor wrote: ↑Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:19 pm

I'm not in favor of making changes over the weekend when there is no customer support.

I understand making changes after business hours when a system is not being used. That should limit changes to weeknights after the close of business so that you are up and running the next day and have people ready to answer questions if necessary.

Users are your best feedback.

I also think that Users should be advised of changes. A brief note on the Home Page that we have updated our site and explanation of some of the significant changes.
IMO it would be irresponsible to roll a change on a transactional web site overnight prior to another day when the markets are open and people will be making trades. A potential error that could take some time to recover (even a rollback) could affect trading activity the next day.

When I do tax work at TaxAide sites, I always signed up for Thursdays or Fridays. The software provider we used to use almost always rolled the system on the weekend. Weekend sites or even early weekday sites bore the brunt of any glitches. By Thursday the system was usually stable. We have since moved to a platform where the vendor has no clue how to manage software releases. They release live non-critical changes in the middle of the day. To this day I marvel at the fact that they are still in business.
Don't trust me, look it up. https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions-and-publications
UpsetRaptor

Post by UpsetRaptor »

I kindof like it, to be honest. Quicker/easier to see my balance at a glance, especially on my phone, and that's the main thing I'm logging in to check. I'm not logging in to check the ER.
harmoniousmonk

Post by harmoniousmonk »

My "Account overview" page is now showing up to the minute values, whereas I used to have to go to "balances and holdings" page to get the most recent value.
iceport

Post by iceport »

harmoniousmonk wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:34 am My "Account overview" page is now showing up to the minute values, whereas I used to have to go to "balances and holdings" page to get the most recent value.
YES! I just noticed this too.

This was obviously more than a cosmetic change. After 6 PM ET on days the market was open, the top "Account overview" page used to display day-old balances for the brokerage account, and correct closing balances for the day for everything else. I'd have to go to the old "Balances & holdings" page for the real day's closing balances in the brokerage account. The top overview page would only update overnight.

Now, the top "Account overview" page, the old "Balances & holdings" page, and the new "Holdings" page all show exactly the same balances.

livesoft should be happy...
"Discipline matters more than allocation.” |—| "In finance, if you’re certain of anything, you’re out of your mind." ─William Bernstein
KyleAAA

Post by KyleAAA »

Logged in to see what all the fuss was about and I think the change is dramatically better than the old layout. What value is there in having the ER on the holdings screen? It's just clutter and it isn't actionable unless you plan to make a transaction. It's not like you didn't know what the ER was before you bought it and it's not like the ER is difficult to get.
linenfort

Post by linenfort »

What value is there in having the ER on the holdings screen? It's just clutter and it isn't actionable unless you plan to make a transaction.
That’s like saying the numbers on a thermometer are clutter. I like to look at the ERs.
KyleAAA

Post by KyleAAA »

linenfort wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 pm
What value is there in having the ER on the holdings screen? It's just clutter and it isn't actionable unless you plan to make a transaction.
That’s like saying the numbers on a thermometer are clutter. I like to look at the ERs.
What? Unlike the temperature, expense ratios don’t change much and aren’t the primary/only purpose of the tool. You can still easily see them.
BL

Post by BL »

Ours was back to the old way this evening. Even the print icon was there. (Old mutual fund accounts, not brokerage.)
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

I experienced this change a couple of months ago and addressed the issue to my rep. I was particularly ticked about the re-ordering of my accounts, since the old order matches a spreadsheet I use, and also about the inability to select a larger or smaller font for the page. I was advised that these changes were only in the tabs on the basic page you get when you sign on, but I could go to the "Balances and Holdings" tab in the menu across the top, and it would be the old format with the ability to change font. I was told the ability to change font was only available from this tab. I expressed the opinion that it made no sense to have two different tabs for "Holdings" which didn't match each other - seems like a recipe for mistakes since both need to be maintained separately. Since that time I only use that Holdings tab at the top to access my accounts.
BoglePaul

Vanguard loses its soul with new website

Post by BoglePaul »

Vanguard’s previous website design reflected the values of “Vanguarding” whereas the new Vanguard website design offers soulless minimalism.

“Vanguarding” means:
1) Focusing on the Big Picture (focusing on Asset Allocation)
2) Avoiding short-term trading and market-timing (investing for the Long-Term)
3) Avoiding Unnecessary Fees (keeping an eye on Expense Ratios)

1) An “Asset Allocation vs Target Allocation” Chart was the first information displayed upon logging in to Vanguard’s previous website. On the new Vanguard website, account balance is the first information displayed. I feel like bringing my focus to the change in my account balance causes me to react and trade on an individual fund or ETFs performance whereas bringing my focus to my asset allocation helps me think about the big picture and reach my retirement goals. Forcing me to see my asset allocation did not align with my target allocation eventually sank in. Today my asset allocation is close to my target allocation thanks this chart. On the new Vanguard website, the asset allocation chart is hidden on another tab. The Vanguard website should continue to reflect their values and display an asset allocation chart first.

2) When focusing on Long-Term investing for retirement, I want to make thoughtful decisions. Vanguard’s new website has a stimulating, bright white background color, which is shown to encourage activity (and why “Dark Mode” was introduced to various operating systems, so we may get some sleep at night). When focusing on investing for retirement, I do not want to be stimulated into making a poor trade decision. Vanguard’s previous website had a calming Beige background. Bring back the Beige background (not to mention the additional blue light contained in the white background damages our eyes which is why they introduced ‘night mode’ on our mobile phones). The Vanguard website should continue to reflect their values and display a non-stimulating background color when we are reviewing our life-savings.

3) The Expense Ratio column was displayed on the Summary Screen of Vanguard’s previous website. I found the expense ratio column enlightening as some of the funds I owned had high expenses. Keeping an eye on Expense Rations has helped me gravitate towards investments with lower expense ratios, i.e. Vanguard Funds. I thank whoever designed the previous Vanguard Website. The new Vanguard removes the expense rations column from the summary tab and hides it on the “Prices & Returns” tab. The Vanguard website should continue to reflect their values and display an expense ratios column on the summary tab.

Vanguard’s logo is a ship because it is about the journey of investing for the long-term, focusing on the big picture and avoiding unnecessary fees. The new Vanguard website should continue to reflect these values in site design. If you feel the same as me, please contact your Vanguard Representative and ask them to modify the new website.

Original website: https://personal.vanguard.com/us/myacco ... esholdings
New website: https://personal.vanguard.com/my-accounts/holdings/
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

BoglePaul, Welcome! I merged your post into the on-going discussion.