Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
martyfl
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by martyfl » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:56 pm

lstone19 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:46 pm
I'm still having an issue with multi-factor authentication. FullView recognizes that the site it's linking to requires multi-factor authentication (such as a challenge question or a code from a text message) and shows a box for the answer but I am unable to type the answer in (nothing can be typed into the box - tried on multiple browsers on both MacOS and Windows). Anyone out there been able to type in answers like that and if so, what Operating System and Browser?
I am having the same problem with one account. Another one works fine. I spoke with Fidelity last week and after much time and trial the last thing they asked me to do was try Internet Explorer because my default browser in Firefox. I couldn't do it while they were on the phone...needless to say when I tried later on, the same problem occurred - the field to specify how you want to get the code in inoperable.

Has anyone tried Schwab's aggregator?

finagle
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by finagle » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:39 pm

If 20-Aug was the first day of the new Full View as mentioned upthread, it's still embarrassingly bad today.

I tried to add my Vanguard 401k. The 4 search results returned were all NOT https://retirementplans.vanguard.com.

Many people want to check their NWs now, when markets are at all time highs. I'm going through a stressful time at work and wanted to see xxx NW before mid-Sept to give me a reason to hang in there.

If anyone's a participant on Fido's Greenline forum, you can give them a piece of your mind. I participated in Greenline, where you are invited to answer monthly surveys on your "financial needs" so Fido can tailor products and services, but grew bored after a month because all the respondents will be skewed "people with above average financial knowledge and care disproportionately about how their money is invested". Self-selection.

am
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:55 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by am » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:12 am

Agree not very good. Liked the old version much better.

I can’t even refresh my accounts on the opening page. Anyone know how?

martyfl
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by martyfl » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:41 am

am wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:12 am
Agree not very good. Liked the old version much better.

I can’t even refresh my accounts on the opening page. Anyone know how?
You have to go into the Investments page and then refresh each account individually.

I keep popping up on another issue that isn't their that the old one had or a problem. I just got off the phone with Fido Premium Support and told them I am no longer wasting time with this program. My time will be spent finding a replacement and if and when I find one, I will transfer my account. I am a relatively new Fidelity customer and see little difference. Fullview to me was the deciding factor to stick with them. Aside from that, I don't see them much difference from Schwab or to a much lesser extent, Vanguard.

Does anyone have any other broker suggestions that offer a good platform, low cost ETFs and great customer service?

mjl33
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by mjl33 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:52 am

Good idea to contact Greenline Forum - just sent this a short time ago:

Hello Greenline Team,

I am requesting that you include Fidelity's Full View in an upcoming survey. As a Fidelity customer for over 30 years and as a user of the "old" Full View, I'am shocked and disappointed that Fidelity has released such a poorly tested and poorly communicated "new" Full View product to its customers. I have always expected and received excellence from Fidelity when it comes to web site functionality and overall customer web experience. I sure hope this Full View incident is not reflective of what to expect from Fidelity's IT efforts in the future. It has certainly tarnished an otherwise stellar track record.

I would suggest that Fidelity issue a formal apology to all Full View users and that, in concert with the Greenline goal of "partnering to share ideas that will shape our customer's current and future Fidelity experience", Full View should be a topic included in an upcoming Greenline Forum.

minivan09ia
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:20 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by minivan09ia » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:53 am

I gave up on Fidelity Full View and is using Personal Capital for now. It is able to give the most critical functions I use on a daily basis such as net worth, recent transactions, and upcoming bills.

am
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:55 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by am » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:05 am

martyfl wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:41 am
am wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:12 am
Agree not very good. Liked the old version much better.

I can’t even refresh my accounts on the opening page. Anyone know how?
You have to go into the Investments page and then refresh each account individually.

I keep popping up on another issue that isn't their that the old one had or a problem. I just got off the phone with Fido Premium Support and told them I am no longer wasting time with this program. My time will be spent finding a replacement and if and when I find one, I will transfer my account. I am a relatively new Fidelity customer and see little difference. Fullview to me was the deciding factor to stick with them. Aside from that, I don't see them much difference from Schwab or to a much lesser extent, Vanguard.

Does anyone have any other broker suggestions that offer a good platform, low cost ETFs and great customer service?
I still don’t see a refresh option. But, I do see an updated balance under the investments tab but it is not updated on the opening page view.

Just an aside. Who approved this thing and thought it’d be a good idea? Must be one of those deals made on the golf course, or between good friends or relatives.

martyfl
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by martyfl » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:37 am

am wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:05 am
martyfl wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:41 am
am wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:12 am
Agree not very good. Liked the old version much better.

I can’t even refresh my accounts on the opening page. Anyone know how?
You have to go into the Investments page and then refresh each account individually.

I keep popping up on another issue that isn't their that the old one had or a problem. I just got off the phone with Fido Premium Support and told them I am no longer wasting time with this program. My time will be spent finding a replacement and if and when I find one, I will transfer my account. I am a relatively new Fidelity customer and see little difference. Fullview to me was the deciding factor to stick with them. Aside from that, I don't see them much difference from Schwab or to a much lesser extent, Vanguard.

Does anyone have any other broker suggestions that offer a good platform, low cost ETFs and great customer service?
I still don’t see a refresh option. But, I do see an updated balance under the investments tab but it is not updated on the opening page view.

Just an aside. Who approved this thing and thought it’d be a good idea? Must be one of those deals made on the golf course, or between good friends or relatives.
I'm very sorry. It's under ORGANIZER, ACCOUNTS and then each account is listed and there is a REFRESH button on the RIght side of the page. Sorry I pointed you to the wrong place initially.

am
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:55 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by am » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:41 am

martyfl wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:37 am
am wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:05 am
martyfl wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:41 am
am wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:12 am
Agree not very good. Liked the old version much better.

I can’t even refresh my accounts on the opening page. Anyone know how?
You have to go into the Investments page and then refresh each account individually.

I keep popping up on another issue that isn't their that the old one had or a problem. I just got off the phone with Fido Premium Support and told them I am no longer wasting time with this program. My time will be spent finding a replacement and if and when I find one, I will transfer my account. I am a relatively new Fidelity customer and see little difference. Fullview to me was the deciding factor to stick with them. Aside from that, I don't see them much difference from Schwab or to a much lesser extent, Vanguard.

Does anyone have any other broker suggestions that offer a good platform, low cost ETFs and great customer service?
I still don’t see a refresh option. But, I do see an updated balance under the investments tab but it is not updated on the opening page view.

Just an aside. Who approved this thing and thought it’d be a good idea? Must be one of those deals made on the golf course, or between good friends or relatives.
I'm very sorry. It's under ORGANIZER, ACCOUNTS and then each account is listed and there is a REFRESH button on the RIght side of the page. Sorry I pointed you to the wrong place initially.
Found it thanks. But when I hit refresh, it still doesn’t reflect values for yesterday’s gains. This is for my Fidelity brokerage link and vanguard taxable. Is it a day behind for some reason?

martyfl
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by martyfl » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:34 pm

mjl33 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:52 am
Good idea to contact Greenline Forum - just sent this a short time ago:

Hello Greenline Team,

I am requesting that you include Fidelity's Full View in an upcoming survey. As a Fidelity customer for over 30 years and as a user of the "old" Full View, I'am shocked and disappointed that Fidelity has released such a poorly tested and poorly communicated "new" Full View product to its customers. I have always expected and received excellence from Fidelity when it comes to web site functionality and overall customer web experience. I sure hope this Full View incident is not reflective of what to expect from Fidelity's IT efforts in the future. It has certainly tarnished an otherwise stellar track record.

I would suggest that Fidelity issue a formal apology to all Full View users and that, in concert with the Greenline goal of "partnering to share ideas that will shape our customer's current and future Fidelity experience", Full View should be a topic included in an upcoming Greenline Forum.
I read your comment to Greenline to a Tech Representative that Premium Customer Service got to call me back. I explained that I am not the only one that is unhappy with this very limited and poorly functioning Fullivew rollout. I even told him there are complaints on this board and also over at Morningstar. I then listed many of the issues I have found and he told me they have them all reported and the programmers are working on them. Of course I told him they should have done this before releasing this garbage. It's not like it was not obvious the functionality is not comparable. I also pointed out that Schwab just began offering an account aggregator and they have left the door open for some customers to leave.

radiowave
Posts: 1880
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by radiowave » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:58 pm

martyfl wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:34 pm

I read your comment to Greenline to a Tech Representative that Premium Customer Service got to call me back. I explained that I am not the only one that is unhappy with this very limited and poorly functioning Fullivew rollout. I even told him there are complaints on this board and also over at Morningstar. I then listed many of the issues I have found and he told me they have them all reported and the programmers are working on them. Of course I told him they should have done this before releasing this garbage. It's not like it was not obvious the functionality is not comparable. I also pointed out that Schwab just began offering an account aggregator and they have left the door open for some customers to leave.
Can you point me to a URL at Schwab describing the aggregator product?
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

martyfl
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by martyfl » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:25 pm

radiowave wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:58 pm
martyfl wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:34 pm

I read your comment to Greenline to a Tech Representative that Premium Customer Service got to call me back. I explained that I am not the only one that is unhappy with this very limited and poorly functioning Fullivew rollout. I even told him there are complaints on this board and also over at Morningstar. I then listed many of the issues I have found and he told me they have them all reported and the programmers are working on them. Of course I told him they should have done this before releasing this garbage. It's not like it was not obvious the functionality is not comparable. I also pointed out that Schwab just began offering an account aggregator and they have left the door open for some customers to leave.
Can you point me to a URL at Schwab describing the aggregator product?
I saw it on the home page or the first page once you log on. Now I don't see it. I've looked all over. I will try to find it for you tomorrow. I read the entire description of the service including the privacy statement and it seemed good. Sorry I can't find it now. I hope they didn't have problems and removed it.

martyfl
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by martyfl » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:01 am

martyfl wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:25 pm
radiowave wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:58 pm
martyfl wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:34 pm

I read your comment to Greenline to a Tech Representative that Premium Customer Service got to call me back. I explained that I am not the only one that is unhappy with this very limited and poorly functioning Fullivew rollout. I even told him there are complaints on this board and also over at Morningstar. I then listed many of the issues I have found and he told me they have them all reported and the programmers are working on them. Of course I told him they should have done this before releasing this garbage. It's not like it was not obvious the functionality is not comparable. I also pointed out that Schwab just began offering an account aggregator and they have left the door open for some customers to leave.
Can you point me to a URL at Schwab describing the aggregator product?
I saw it on the home page or the first page once you log on. Now I don't see it. I've looked all over. I will try to find it for you tomorrow. I read the entire description of the service including the privacy statement and it seemed good. Sorry I can't find it now. I hope they didn't have problems and removed it.
I FOUND SCHWAB'S ACCOUNT AGGREGATOR!

Schwab has 2 home pages for users. They are transitioning customers to the new summary page. On the new summary which is the one that has a big black graph showing your account value over time, scroll down to where your accounts are listed. Just below that is a section that says "External" and there is a item you can click on that says :
Add a Non-Schwab Account
From there you can add accounts. I also called and they told me it has been working pretty well and they have only had a few accounts where there have been issues connection to. They said tech support would try to address those if you encounter any.

On the older "classic" home page there is an ad for the new "New, Improved Summary" page that offers you to Try it Now or Take a quick tour.

I hope this helps you.
Please share your experience with it.

gbronc
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by gbronc » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:34 pm

I only use Fullview for the Retirement Calculator capability. Logged on today and see that there is no way to add in my Vanguard accounts. As another poster stated, there is no option for Vanguard personal investment accounts. Not sure if this is an intentional permanent limitation or just a temporary bug. That would render the entire product useless to me if I can't include Vanguard data. This is a pretty shocking failed rollout, especially since my experience has been that the technology has been consistently superior at Fidelity versus Vanguard. I can certainly wait this out, but hopefully I don't actually retire before they fix it.

finagle
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by finagle » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:40 pm

I'm sure the "can't add Vanguard" is a goof. Fido knows many customers have accounts with their low-cost competitors Schwab and Vanguard. Especially 401ks where we can't choose our provider.

Terrible, we probably have to wait a full month (till 20 Sept, at least) for the dust to settle. Agree this was a golf course buddy dealio between VIPs, and they were in a big rush to cut off eYodlee (?), the previous Full View provider, before testing properly.

Can the person threatening to move their entire pot to Schwab just use Personal Capital??? I'm sure your fave bloggers have affiliate links...

I don't feel safe trying to input my bank account data now, while Full View is still being tweaked by programmers now. People wanna see their NWs when the S&P is closing in on 3000!

gxwong
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by gxwong » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:08 pm

FYI - I was able to add a set of Vanguard accounts to FV last week via default "Vanguard" site choices. I tried to add another set of Vanguard accounts last night via a separate login; those default "Vanguard" choices disappeared, with only four org-specific sites listed.

radiowave
Posts: 1880
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by radiowave » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:27 pm

Another update . . . I sent a secure email to Fidelity two days ago to bring in all past transactions from a fidelity cash management account that I accidentally deleted into Full View. I found that this afternoon (2 working days) so apparently they are working through emails and other back end items in a reasonably timely manner. I'm still not happy with Fidelity changing the expense categories, that means I have to slog through over two years of transactions to fix but at least I have all of my data.
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

ono
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by ono » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Fidelity closed the support ticket as "no technical issue found", so I'm out all but 4 accounts (of 63), 2 of which are Fidelity. Fidelity Retirement Income Planner (RIP) has lost all of the data that it had pulled from Full View, so that is borked.

I'll move off of Fidelity, as they no longer have me locked-in with Full View and RIP. I don't trust their tools.

I'll look into: Right Capital https://www.rightcapital.com, Yodlee's new Money https://money.yodlee.com, and maybe a planner app using aggregator https://www.quovo.com.

Does anyone have suggestions for a RIP replacement - preferably one which handles real estate units (planned sale date, purchase price, rent, value, capital gain)?

Tommy
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Tommy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:23 pm

finagle wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:40 pm
I'm sure the "can't add Vanguard" is a goof. Fido knows many customers have accounts with their low-cost competitors Schwab and Vanguard. Especially 401ks where we can't choose our provider.

Terrible, we probably have to wait a full month (till 20 Sept, at least) for the dust to settle. Agree this was a golf course buddy dealio between VIPs, and they were in a big rush to cut off eYodlee (?), the previous Full View provider, before testing properly.

Can the person threatening to move their entire pot to Schwab just use Personal Capital??? I'm sure your fave bloggers have affiliate links...

I don't feel safe trying to input my bank account data now, while Full View is still being tweaked by programmers now. People wanna see their NWs when the S&P is closing in on 3000!
The way it works now is consulting company pays bribe (directly or indirectly, call it golf buddy:)) to some VIP and get contract. To save cost they outsource development off-shore..Full View in it current stage is typical off-shore product. Later Fidelity will hire another consulting company to fix it.

mjl33
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by mjl33 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:27 am

mjl33 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:52 am
Good idea to contact Greenline Forum - just sent this a short time ago:

Hello Greenline Team,

I am requesting that you include Fidelity's Full View in an upcoming survey. As a Fidelity customer for over 30 years and as a user of the "old" Full View, I'am shocked and disappointed that Fidelity has released such a poorly tested and poorly communicated "new" Full View product to its customers. I have always expected and received excellence from Fidelity when it comes to web site functionality and overall customer web experience. I sure hope this Full View incident is not reflective of what to expect from Fidelity's IT efforts in the future. It has certainly tarnished an otherwise stellar track record.

I would suggest that Fidelity issue a formal apology to all Full View users and that, in concert with the Greenline goal of "partnering to share ideas that will shape our customer's current and future Fidelity experience", Full View should be a topic included in an upcoming Greenline Forum.
Update ...

Here's the response I received from the Greenline team:
----------------------
Thank you for contacting the Greenline Forum support mailbox and for being a valued member. Please know that your feedback regarding the latest version of Full View is very important to us. We thank you for sharing your disappointing experience with Full View and we will be sure to share your suggestion of doing a study on the Greenline Forum with the rest of the Forum team.
In lieu of a study, if you would like to share more about your experience with us, we will be sure to pass it on to our business partners at Fidelity.
Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further comments, questions, or concerns.
We thank you for being a valued member of the Greenline Forum and hope that you will consider participating in future activities with us.
----------------------

I just called Fidelity technical support today and all they could tell me is yes, they know it's broken and they are working on it. No specifics and no estimated fix time. I would never have expected this from Fidelity.

Beckeresq
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Beckeresq » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:00 am

Upgrade/Improvement/failed Beta test??

I've used Full View for years rather than Vanguard's website, because Full View was more reliable and provided more information. Now, with the "new" Full View, it's a race to the bottom between low-cost Vanguard and low-cost Fidelity in IT and customer service/communication.

I've spent hours re linking Full View accounts, and some "worked" for a few days, but have now stopped "working." The corrective efforts by Fido appear to be heading in the wrong direction.

This situation should be studied in Business School as how not to treat your customers. In particular, the lack of communication from Fidelity is amazing.

MikeG62
Posts: 1221
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by MikeG62 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:43 am

I'll add this to the list of issues.

FullView will not update any of my Fidelity Accounts automatically (note that I have 2FA set on my Fidelity log in). I need to manually click refresh, wait for it to fail, then click on the fix link and enter the security code. FullView is their product on their web site and yet it is unable to see/update my Fidelity account information? :confused and :annoyed.
Real Knowledge Comes Only From Experience

martyfl
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by martyfl » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:44 pm

MikeG62 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:43 am
I'll add this to the list of issues.

FullView will not update any of my Fidelity Accounts automatically (note that I have 2FA set on my Fidelity log in). I need to manually click refresh, wait for it to fail, then click on the fix link and enter the security code. FullView is their product on their web site and yet it is unable to see/update my Fidelity account information? :confused and :annoyed.
I see the exact same bug. Imagine that! They can't even update their own accounts :shock: What a joke and incredibly poor reflection of their IT people and management.

I have been playing with Schwab's aggregator. So far, I am not finding much promise. I haven't been able to add several accounts and I don't see any place where transactions are tracked. It seems to only track balances but I have not called tech support to ask yet.

Youngblood
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:18 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Youngblood » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Since I have a Fidelity account and have dabbled with the old fulll view options and likewise tried Mint, Betterment, Vanguard, Microsoft Money and Quicken I definitely like having a program that aggregates all my financial accounts and information.

Personally, I am using Quicken Deluxe 2018. It works great, has never lost any data and, as far as I know, is secure on my desktop.

I also read the terms of agreement needed before you can use the emoney full view. I'm pretty sure I understood most and they are not responsible for lost data and of course many other cya things.

I often like trying new things but, not feeling comfortable linking all other accounts with my user names and passwords yet.
"I made my money by selling too soon." | Bernard M. Baruch

radiowave
Posts: 1880
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by radiowave » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:41 pm

So here's a new problem. Logged into Fidelity this afternoon and they doubled all of my brokerage and cash management accounts and added financial data so my total portfolio jumped up substantially. In Full View, I only see the original accounts but the links are broken. I called the main number and the CSR wrote up a ticket for the Full View "team" working through the problems. At least this one worked in my favor. Unfortunately they are only new ghost accounts :)
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

Ron
Posts: 6386
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:46 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Ron » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:37 am

As of this moment in time, it looks like they have it fixed/updated.

I was able to see all my FIDO/VG/bank accounts and all totals are correct. Additionally, I was able to run a retirement forecast via their planner.

FWIW,

- Ron

radiowave
Posts: 1880
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by radiowave » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Any know how to export the Fidelity Full View transactions into Quicken? It seems you can export up to 500 transactions to an Excel CSV file but Quicken does not import that file format.
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

Ron
Posts: 6386
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:46 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Ron » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:00 am

radiowave wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:53 pm
Any know how to export the Fidelity Full View transactions into Quicken? It seems you can export up to 500 transactions to an Excel CSV file but Quicken does not import that file format.
You would probably have to purchase a commercial product to do the conversion, such as:

https://www.propersoft.net/products/csv2qfx

- Ron

User avatar
LadyGeek
Site Admin
Posts: 49252
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by LadyGeek » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:06 am

FYI - MoneyDance will import a CSV file directly.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

orion68
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by orion68 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:56 pm

radiowave wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:41 pm
So here's a new problem. Logged into Fidelity this afternoon and they doubled all of my brokerage and cash management accounts and added financial data so my total portfolio jumped up substantially. In Full View, I only see the original accounts but the links are broken. I called the main number and the CSR wrote up a ticket for the Full View "team" working through the problems. At least this one worked in my favor. Unfortunately they are only new ghost accounts :)
I had the same issue (and many others as well), one of my outside retirement accounts was doubled. This happened just out of the blue and it only happened to one account. To date I have received no explanation for what happened.

Also, dates are not matching between Full View and the rest of the Fidelity website. Even for Fidelity accounts the dates are not always correct in Full View. This renders the budget functionality useless.

Also, you can no longer print reports as you could with the old Full View.

I've contacted support numerous times and as of yet can't see that anything is fixed. Just checked my account and the dates still do not match up for a transfer of money to my investment account - this is a Fidelity account!

I am in complete agreement with other posters who say this is unbelievably poor customer service. The old product wasn't perfect but it was light years better than this piece of junk. Have lost a lot of respect for Fidelity. It seems like Fidelity is trying to make fixes as they go on a live product, maybe this is why account balances mysteriously change for no reason.

This product is so flawed it needs to be shut down until it can be fixed or replaced with something that works. Come on Fidelity, do the right thing.

radiowave
Posts: 1880
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by radiowave » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Yes, I can at least give some sympathy for outside accounts that are linked and there may be some unforeseen circumstances moving to the new platform. But internal Fidelity accounts are not working correctly, that is a whole set of different circumstances that significantly lowers my overall confidence in Fidelity. I've had my ticket in since last Friday afternoon, we'll see if there is any progress in the coming week. If they can't fix it, agree they need to shut it down until adequate testing has been completed.
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

Beckeresq
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Beckeresq » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:21 am

After this morning's call to Fidelity (35 minutes on hold), it's time to vote with my feet.

No estimates from Fidelity I/T about if/when remaining issues will be fixed.

Maybe if more Fidelity customers "vote" by abandoning Fidelity, Fidelity will get the message. Maybe they don't care.

I feel sorry for investors with funds in taxable accounts-They've got you.

IMHO: Someone overpaid big time for eMoney.

mjl33
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by mjl33 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:03 am

Beckeresq wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:21 am
After this morning's call to Fidelity (35 minutes on hold), it's time to vote with my feet.

No estimates from Fidelity I/T about if/when remaining issues will be fixed.

Maybe if more Fidelity customers "vote" by abandoning Fidelity, Fidelity will get the message. Maybe they don't care.

I feel sorry for investors with funds in taxable accounts-They've got you.

IMHO: Someone overpaid big time for eMoney.
I hear you. For the first time in 30+ years of investing with Fidelity; I am thinking of alternatives. I'm not there yet, however it's now on my mind. I expected after a long weekend, that I would see fixes to the most fundamental issues like missing transactions from Fidelity accounts. I did not see any changes when I logged in Tuesday morning. And still no formal apology from Fidelity. I guess our time is not important to them.

radiowave
Posts: 1880
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by radiowave » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:55 pm

So here is the latest . . .

The ticket I had created from a call to Fidelity CSR last Friday to address the duplicate brokerage accounts (see above) in Full View which I specifically asked the CSR to route to the Fidelity Full View team (and he confirmed that) was routed to the local Fidelity office and the "salesman" who was assigned to my account. He left a voice message saying I needed to contact the main Fidelity main 800 number. Wow, not only is the IT back end taking a nose dive, now the enduring Fidelity customer support is also taking a similar nose dive.

I agree with the above post, I'm giving serious consideration to moving most of my Fidelity assets to Vanguard.
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

martyfl
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by martyfl » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:16 am

radiowave wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:55 pm
So here is the latest . . .

The ticket I had created from a call to Fidelity CSR last Friday to address the duplicate brokerage accounts (see above) in Full View which I specifically asked the CSR to route to the Fidelity Full View team (and he confirmed that) was routed to the local Fidelity office and the "salesman" who was assigned to my account. He left a voice message saying I needed to contact the main Fidelity main 800 number. Wow, not only is the IT back end taking a nose dive, now the enduring Fidelity customer support is also taking a similar nose dive.

I agree with the above post, I'm giving serious consideration to moving most of my Fidelity assets to Vanguard.
I would advise trying Schwab first. I have accounts with both and Vanguard support and website is miserable. Their famous low cost funds are no longer the only ones in town. As you know, Schwab, Fidelity, IShares and some others are now competitive. Talk to Schwab. Depending upon the size of your account you may be able to get better service. They also have a decent streaming quotes service like Fidelity.

User avatar
oldcomputerguy
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:50 am
Location: In the middle of five acres of woods

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by oldcomputerguy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:23 am

martyfl wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:44 pm
I see the exact same bug. Imagine that! They can't even update their own accounts :shock:
Well, I just shrug it off and put it in the same bin as them not being able to connect to their own Rewards Visa product with the previous FullView incarnation.

Still a few bugs in the system, I suppose...
It’s taken me a lot of years, but I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

goblue100
Posts: 742
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by goblue100 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:54 am

I've had some frustrations with the new full view, but it seems to be getting better. I couldn't link my Capital One credit card, but that was resolved. My biggest gripe at the moment is 10% of my assets are classified as Unknown. Some of those are Fidelity offerings in my 401k, the NT collective S&P 500 offering and the Russell 2000 index fund. Others I would expect to be unknown to the program, but why doesn't it allow me to classify them? Also, I have some Vanguard Tips that it is classifying as bonds instead of the TIPS category.


I'll try to be patient. For me I've had better luck with this new version than the old one, despite these complaints.
Financial planners are savers. They want us to be 95 percent confident we can finance a 30-year retirement even though there is an 82 percent probability of being dead by then. - Scott Burns

zeugmite
Posts: 1057
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by zeugmite » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Just happened today for me. Seems like manually entered amounts (other assets and debts) are all gone, too? Or are they hiding somewhere. Though I never took this feature seriously, I too am disappointed that there was not an opportunity to save the history or a screenshot of prior manual settings.

zeugmite
Posts: 1057
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by zeugmite » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:53 pm

LadyGeek wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:52 pm
Welcome! I don't have Fidelity, but be careful here. You are moving your life's savings over a disagreement on how they manage their website.

Search this forum and you'll find plenty of complaints about Vanguard's website, not to mention poor customer service. You'll find members moving to Fidelity because of it.

I wouldn't worry about your investments, as that is a different animal than management of your accounts. There are a ton of SEC regulations to protect you from that aspect. Losing an investment due to account issues should be a very, very low concern.
Agreed. Fidelity has good service and good execution at low cost. Merrill has neither and TD's costs are high.

User avatar
Earl Lemongrab
Posts: 5840
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:21 pm

zeugmite wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:53 pm
Fidelity has good service and good execution at low cost. Merrill has neither and TD's costs are high.
I will disagree with that. The service I have received from Merrill Edge has be excellent, and I have had no complaints about ETF transactions.
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

MikeG62
Posts: 1221
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by MikeG62 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:32 pm

I have stopped looking at FullView/eMoney since last week. Figure I will give them a few weeks or a month or two and see what fixes they can make. Frankly, I don't need to look at the aggregate account balances all that often. I expect in time these issues will be worked out.

Nothing I am saying should be interpreted as suggesting I am ok with how Fidelity has rolled out the transition to the new product. It's absolutely disgraceful. However, in no way would this cause me to abandon Fidelity.
Last edited by MikeG62 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real Knowledge Comes Only From Experience

zeugmite
Posts: 1057
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by zeugmite » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:37 pm

zeugmite wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:51 pm
Just happened today for me. Seems like manually entered amounts (other assets and debts) are all gone, too? Or are they hiding somewhere. Though I never took this feature seriously, I too am disappointed that there was not an opportunity to save the history or a screenshot of prior manual settings.
The new FullView is so screwed up, it can't seem to handle two different persons' accounts at the same external institution that are carried over from the old FullView. It tries to use the authentication for one person on all the accounts in the list, which of course doesn't work, and also incorrectly assigns which account is really which.

finagle
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by finagle » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52 pm

To the 4 or so posters threatening to move $hundreds of thousands (maybe low millions) out of Fido due to FullView, a bonus tool, please let Fido know your reason for leaving is Full View so I can benefit from your overreaction.

I would not risk being out of the market during the rollover/account transfer unless I was fleeing gougers like Merrill Edge

If your account has less than $100k, don't bother complaining as though one is a big shot. Money talks, we all know.

student
Posts: 2673
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:58 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by student » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:05 pm

finagle wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52 pm
To the 4 or so posters threatening to move $hundreds of thousands (maybe low millions) out of Fido due to FullView, a bonus tool, please let Fido know your reason for leaving is Full View so I can benefit from your overreaction.

I would not risk being out of the market during the rollover/account transfer unless I was fleeing gougers like Merrill Edge

If your account has less than $100k, don't bother complaining as though one is a big shot. Money talks, we all know.
Being gouged by Merrill Edge? How so? Just wondering whether you meant to say Merrill Lynch or ME is your target.

student
Posts: 2673
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:58 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by student » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:10 pm

zeugmite wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:51 pm
Just happened today for me. Seems like manually entered amounts (other assets and debts) are all gone, too? Or are they hiding somewhere. Though I never took this feature seriously, I too am disappointed that there was not an opportunity to save the history or a screenshot of prior manual settings.
I can still see my manually entered accounts.

User avatar
Earl Lemongrab
Posts: 5840
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:51 pm

finagle wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52 pm
I would not risk being out of the market during the rollover/account transfer
For most portfolio, assets can be moved in-kind, so no time out of the market is required.
unless I was fleeing gougers like Merrill Edge
As I've said, I think Edge is one of the best.
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

finagle
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by finagle » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:15 am

Earl Lemongrab wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:51 pm
finagle wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52 pm
I would not risk being out of the market during the rollover/account transfer
For most portfolio, assets can be moved in-kind, so no time out of the market is required.
unless I was fleeing gougers like Merrill Edge
As I've said, I think Edge is one of the best.
Thanks for telling me about in-kind account transfer. Sometime in the next 10 years I might move my Fido taxable & Roth IRA to Vanguard, to get more flavors of index fund choices with Vanguard. I guess I'll instruct "move all fstvx into vtsax" (Total US into Total US) etc.

My bad about Merrill Edge. My investing life was born as a bogler. Would consider Fido, Vanguard and Schwab only. Would never consider Merill Lynch or Edge or Invesco or Boglers' fave to mock Ed Jones.

Fundswise I would never consider Dodge &Cox, PIMCO, or anything over 0.5%er. Unless I play in Fido's Consumer Discretionary sector during thr next recession.

User avatar
Earl Lemongrab
Posts: 5840
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:13 am

finagle wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:15 am
My bad about Merrill Edge. My investing life was born as a bogler. Would consider Fido, Vanguard and Schwab only. Would never consider Merill Lynch or Edge or Invesco or Boglers' fave to mock Ed Jones.
Merrill Edge is a discount brokerage. They have an excellent program called Preferred Rewards that, depending on asset level, will get you free equity trades and higher cash-back levels for BofA credit cards. Don't confuse them with the Merrill Lynch full-service brokers.

Quite a few people on the forum use Edge.
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

SarahdDad
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by SarahdDad » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Signed up today for the specific purpose of joining the criticism of Fidelity’s new FullView.

I have been a Fidelity investor for over 25 years, and I would say this FullView transition has been the most spectacular failure I’ve ever experienced with this company. I used FullView daily and have now struggled for the past two weeks with the “upgraded” FullView trying to make it work. Still having trouble linking Capital One and Wells Fargo (Support services told me today that these are ‘known issues’ and they’re ‘working on it’). But I’ve lost over a decade of historical data and lost ability to graph out investment values over time. At least if they’d been up front about how much data would be destroyed/inaccessible I would’ve tried to download as much historical info as possible. In addition I had many custom accounts listed for things like cars / personal property - all gone.

For the first time in 2 decades I’ve started exploring other options for my investment dollars, specifically Vanguard and Schwab, both of which I believe have similar aggregator services.

I think Fidelity is starting to figure out they’ve created a firestorm here - I was cold-called by my private client group investment advisor today asking if I might be having ‘any problems’ with Full View and gave me a specific number to call to help troubleshoot my issues. Of course all I found out was the accounts I couldn’t get to link are simply ‘known issues’. So they don’t do a dry run on common outside accounts (ie Capital One, Wells Fargo) before rolling it out? Gimme a break. Big fail here.

honduranhurricane
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:18 pm
Location: boston, ma

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by honduranhurricane » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:33 pm

tried to delete post, but not able to for some reason that I am sure is 'user related'.

Post Reply