Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
crefwatch

Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by crefwatch » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:27 am

I just received a notice that Fidelity Full View (previously "powered" by Yodlee) will be transitioning to a subsidiary of Fidelity called eMoney.

https://www.fidelity.com/go/monitoring- ... -portfolio

While I know that a substantial number of Bogleheads don't care to entrust their passwords to another party, I find it very useful to have this aggregation of our various investments. I felt pretty secure with Yodlee, and liked that it wasn't the same company as Fidelity. (I used to use Consolidated View at Vanguard, but the product was technically denigrated, and I don't know if they even have it anymore.) Unlike Yodlee, I wonder if eMoney has the same favorable track record for both security, and for access to bloodthirsty financial services providers who want their customers in a lockbox.

That last sentence isn't a rant. With our small, legacy UBS Paine Webber account, we had to file a specific permission for them to share our access with Yodlee, by name!

oldcomputerguy

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by oldcomputerguy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:37 am

The only problem I ever had with Fullview was that it could not connect to Elan Financial to pull in expenditures made on my Fidelity Rewards Visa, which always struck me as just a little bit ludicrous. Hopefully the replacement service will be better.
It’s taken me a lot of years, but I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

supersecretname

Post by supersecretname » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:44 am

oldcomputerguy wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:37 am
The only problem I ever had with Fullview was that it could not connect to Elan Financial to pull in expenditures made on my Fidelity Rewards Visa, which always struck me as just a little bit ludicrous. Hopefully the replacement service will be better.
ha, me too!

i was a yodlee moneycenter user, and migrated to fidelity when they shut it down. Not looking forward to re-adding all my accounts in yet another product.

student

Post by student » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:47 am

Do you have a lot outside investments? Personally, I would never let anybody store my passwords even for pulling info only. I do use Fidelity Full View but I manually update the outside investment maybe once a month.

Edit: I guess technically I am not using Full View if the term only applies to outside accounts with given passwords.
Last edited by student on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

JanzelO

Post by JanzelO » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:51 am

My biggest complaint with Full view was that it could not determine what kind of holdings were in my wife’s Fidelity 401k which seemed odd as well. So I effectively could not use their retirement planning tools without adjust the asset allocations manually. Hopefully they will adjust their interface for the retirement planning tools as well.

student

Post by student » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:00 am

JanzelO wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:51 am
My biggest complaint with Full view was that it could not determine what kind of holdings were in my wife’s Fidelity 401k which seemed odd as well. So I effectively could not use their retirement planning tools without adjust the asset allocations manually. Hopefully they will adjust their interface for the retirement planning tools as well.
This seems strange. I like their retirement planning tools. If the outside accounts are not too complicated, perhaps you can manually enter those accounts and update them every few months.

G-Force

Post by G-Force » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:09 pm

I noticed the following in the fine print.
NOTE: The new Full View will no longer support rewards points and bill management, balances and expenses calendar view, and credit card usage view.
Does this mean you will no longer be able to add and track credit card spending? If true this would limit the utility of the service for me.

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:15 pm

student wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:00 am
JanzelO wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:51 am
This seems strange. I like their retirement planning tools. If the outside accounts are not too complicated, perhaps you can manually enter those accounts and update them every few months.
I manually adjust for the GPS view. (Guided portfolio)..

crefwatch

Post by crefwatch » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:40 pm

supersecretname wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:44 am
i was a yodlee moneycenter user, and migrated to fidelity when they shut it down. Not looking forward to re-adding all my accounts in yet another product.
FWIW, I'm not flogging it for anyone else, but it appears to me that Yodlee rebranded the Account Consolidation product as Money or Envestnet (" Yodlee, Inc. an Envestnet company") and my oldish account still works from this home page:

https://money.yodlee.com/pfm3/home

daytona084

Post by daytona084 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:52 pm

OK, today is the day. First day with the new system.

I went through the changeover in Full View and all went well except for one account - the Fidelity Rewards Visa Card (ELAN).

I was able to add the Fidelity Rewards Visa, and the correct balance appeared on screen, but after a few clicks, the account disappeared. I added it again, several times, with the same result ... account added successfully, but then it disappeared.

I called Fidelity, and we verified the same behavior with two browsers, so we don't believe it's a browser issue. The Fidelity Rep told me the Full View people are swamped, so wait a few days for the dust to settle, and if necessary call back at that time...

Edit - the account was not being deleted, it was actually still there but not present under "Credit Cards" - instead it was listed under "Loans". I changed the account type to "credit card" and now it appears as it should in the account list, with the correct balance. However, the transactions from this account do not appear in spending reports. I got through to Fidelity and was told this is a known issue they are working on.

[BTW - Having credit cards consolidated in Full View is a big plus for me - I log in usually once per day, and see all my transactions (including credit cards). If there are any unrecognized transactions I know immediately.]
Last edited by daytona084 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeG62

Post by MikeG62 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:46 am

I had to delete and re-enter all my external accounts. Also, ended up having to do the same with my Fidelity accounts as it was not picking up my Rollover IRA. All accounts are there, except for one financial institution that it cannot link to (Barclays). Called and spoke to someone who works with the product (was transferred to him after starting with a PCG rep). He initiated a ticket to get Barclays added. Said to check back in a few days.

I am not using FullView for tracking spending (never felt it was all that great at it before). Really just as an account aggregator. Does not seem to have much functionality beyond that (such as investment tracking or the ability to slice and dice holdings). Maybe I am missing that or can’t find that functionality? The old FullView seemed a little better in that regard, although it was quite weak in those areas as well.

I guess that is what other areas of the Fidelity website are for. Not sure why that ability can’t be contained in FullView. Maybe that is not the point of it?

However, just looked at the Analysis tab and see it is not pulling in all of my accounts from FullView (the stuff I added yesterday). When I try to add them, it takes me back to FullView where those accounts are shown. :oops: Perhaps they rolled this product out too early (still things to work out)? Maybe I’ll call over to Fidelity later and see what they have to say about this.
Real Knowledge Comes Only From Experience

lazyfabs

Post by lazyfabs » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:24 pm

I have been using the emoney platform thru an old financial advisor that offered his clients access. I find to be a combo of mint and personal capital, used both off an on. I have had very little issues with conectivity and rarely get errors.

I was quicken user for 20+ years until its demise, and emoney feels very similar in usability, reporting, keeping track of financila stuff. Another emoney plus one can agregate isnurance policies and include them the planning aspect of reporting.

What i really like is the reporting. Very robust in comparison to other aggrgate sites. For investing, taxes, and tranactional/budgeting. I browsd thru the fullview version when it was released and seemed to have all of the reports, account info, ect as the stand alone version.

Its not as pretty as mint and/or PC, but worht taking a look.

For budgeting, transaction monitoring also pretty good.

If you have used mint, pc, etc and have found as others and have that there is always something lacking b/w one site vs another, you will find the emoney/fullview offering a good mix of investment tracking, budgeting, tracking.

I started the full view conversion, but quickly realized fidelity need to work out some bugs. Once they do and if they fully integrate it to the retirment tool, i think it will be great.

Patience i guess for now.
"I think the best way to find happiness is to stop looking so hard." - Kermit the Frog

ono

Post by ono » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:46 pm

crefwatch wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:40 pm
supersecretname wrote:
FWIW, I'm not flogging it for anyone else, but it appears to me that Yodlee rebranded the Account Consolidation product as Money or Envestnet (" Yodlee, Inc. an Envestnet company") and my oldish account still works from this home page:

Thank you! I moved to Fidelity Full View around 2011 from Yodlee. I logged into new eMoney/Full View and fully 3/4 of my accounts are gone. I didn't see any email advising that they were going to make a change, or I would have exported. What a mess.

The few outside accounts that are showing have data from April, except the Fidelity account specifics.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:48 pm

This thread is now in the Investing - Theory, News & General forum (news).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

ono

Post by ono » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:34 pm

I've looked but can find the thread. Title, or link? Thank you. I'll post an update from Fidelity support (not encouraging).

daytona084

Post by daytona084 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:38 pm

Actually I knew this was coming. I received a personal (live representative) phone call from Fidelity a few weeks ago. They identified me as a frequent user of Full View. Asked me if I had any questions, and told me I would have to re-enter my login credentials.

When the change occurred yesterday, re-entry of passwords was not a big deal. I expect that all will be well (and probably improved) after the one hiccup (mentioned in a previous post) is resolved.

benway

Post by benway » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:40 pm

ono wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:46 pm
crefwatch wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:40 pm
supersecretname wrote:

Thank you! I moved to Fidelity Full View around 2011 from Yodlee. I logged into new eMoney/Full View and fully 3/4 of my accounts are gone. I didn't see any email advising that they were going to make a change, or I would have exported. What a mess.

The few outside accounts that are showing have data from April, except the Fidelity account specifics.
I’ve been using Full View religiously to track expenses from many accounts. I was on it weekly assigning expenses to categories, splitting transactions, creating custom categories, etc. I received one email notice that the change was coming but no details about when and what to expect.

After I got set up in the new system, I discovered nothing from my previous work was retained. This was confirmed by a rep. I can understand that the change would require that some things are not carried over. However, Fidelity dropped the ball in a big way in my opinion by not giving me the courtesy of more detailed information about what to expect and how to prepare. I spent many, many hours updating and tracking my spending prior to the change and now it’s all been wiped away in the new Full View.

minivan09ia

Post by minivan09ia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:27 pm

This new eMoney is just a mess. Many of my accounts need two factor authentication and I am not able to reconnect them. In the old version, one feature I use a lot is the list that shows when my credit cards are coming due. I can't find this feature with the new Full View. Without this feature, I won't be using eMoney.

I am switching to Personal Capital for now. I am able to add all my financial institutions except for one Treasury Direct account. It seems to have most of the features I am looking for. Net worth, recent transactions, and upcoming credit card payments.

I tried using Bank of America's My Portfolio. I actually like it a lot as it looks almost the same as the old Fidelity Full View. However, I am having problem with my husband's and my Fidelity 401k accounts aggregation. It is only showing one of the 401k but not both even after both accounts are added separately.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:27 pm

Apparently Fidelity changed the Category structure in Full View Transactions and this results in a substantial mismatch with old data therefore it reverts to Unclassified. Also, no way to put a memo on a transaction any more. This is not an upgrade, its a downgrade.
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

Alchemist

Post by Alchemist » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:17 am

I cannot seem to access full view. I clicked on enrollment, it brings me to a login screen but does not accept my Fidelity login info....I'll let them complete their scheduled updates to the platform this weekend and try again but I am not happy they seem to have flubbed up this transition.

sailor18

Post by sailor18 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:27 am

Does anyone know where the refresh button is on the new FullView? My accounts seem to be properly updating, but with a lag of 24 hours or so. Thanks!

lstone19

Post by lstone19 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:46 am

I am unable to link any accounts that use multi-factor authentication. I enter the user ID and password and it recognizes that there is a challenge question and has a box for typing in the answer but I am not able to actually type anything in the box (all input is ignored) - same result on two different MacOS browsers (Firefox and Chrome). OTOH, it FullView appears to be completely non-functional with Safari (I get a Fidelity login prompt in Safari that I do not get in Firefox and it will not accept my Fidelity credentials).

SeekingAPlan

Post by SeekingAPlan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:50 am

Alchemist wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:17 am
I cannot seem to access full view. I clicked on enrollment, it brings me to a login screen but does not accept my Fidelity login info....I'll let them complete their scheduled updates to the platform this weekend and try again but I am not happy they seem to have flubbed up this transition.
I had this issue as well. Fidelity says it is because I do not accept 3rd party cookies. Attempting to login will not work. You really need to change your browser to accept the cookies and then you will not be asked for the login. I have not tried this so I cannot verify that it really works.

martyfl

Post by martyfl » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:06 am

Fidelity shouldn't be using customers to test their new Fullview program. All of the enhancements and testing should have been done before this poor new program and rollout. I used Fullview to check all transactions daily to see income, expenses and potential fraud in all my linked accounts. There is no total transactions report anymore and the one they now have under investments does not even identify the account where it came from. And they separated "banks" from investments. So you have to look at at least 2 reports now and you don't know what is going on. As someone else stated, this mess is a very poor reflection on Fidelity’s technology management and infrastructure. Makes you wonder what they really think of their customers….

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:54 pm

I'm sure I got at least one email on the subject.
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Alchemist

Post by Alchemist » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:52 am

SeekingAPlan wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:50 am
Alchemist wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:17 am
I had this issue as well. Fidelity says it is because I do not accept 3rd party cookies. Attempting to login will not work. You really need to change your browser to accept the cookies and then you will not be asked for the login. I have not tried this so I cannot verify that it really works.
Thank you for the tip! Was able to log in now on Chrome without issue. Just re-linked my accounts.

I did receive emails about there being an upgrade coming, I probably should have paid more attention to them to be better prepared. Now that I have got logged back in and set-up I think the new Full View definitely seems (so far at least) to be a big improvement on the interface. Looks nicer and is more intuitive to use. Hopefully the back end is also just as good of an update. Though I only really use Full View to track my totals between Fidelity accounts/TSP/Savings accounts and use old fashioned spread sheets to track spending and networth progression.

Overall some hiccups in the transition, but the temporary inconvenience seems worth the effort. Though we all should probably make sure to provide Fidelity some feedback regarding any issues we experienced.

LeeMKE

Post by LeeMKE » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:44 pm

Nuts. I've been following along waiting to hear when we would be able to re-connect outside accounts. Using Chrome just now did not work for me. Maybe soon, but not yet.
The mightiest Oak is just a nut who stayed the course.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:53 pm

I'm just waiting until things settle down. Then I'll invest my lump sum. :)
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:44 pm

Where is the Fidelity Full View. I have used the GPS( glbal portfolio ) view, but don’t think the two are thesame.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Dottie57 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:44 pm
Where is the Fidelity Full View. I have used the GPS( glbal portfolio ) view, but don’t think the two are thesame.
When you log in, click on Analysis.

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:51 pm

Earl Lemongrab wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:44 pm
Dottie57 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:44 pm
When you log in, click on Analysis.
Thanks. I usually login via netbenefits. I logged into fidelity.com and easily found it. Thanks again.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:51 am

My main concern is historical data loss and changes to existing data. I had several years of transactions and after the upgrade only see back to August 1, 2018. If this can happen to Full View data, can it happen to investment data? I'm losing confidence in Fidelity.

martyfl

Post by martyfl » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:28 am

radiowave wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:51 am
My main concern is historical data loss and changes to existing data. I had several years of transactions and after the upgrade only see back to August 1, 2018. If this can happen to Full View data, can it happen to investment data? I'm losing confidence in Fidelity.
Radio,
I agree with you. I lost my transaction & balance history which I used regularly. This was a really poor upgrade/transition/conversion or whatever they want to call it. It's really amazing such a large organization would perform this poorly. There are lots of limitations in their systems that needed attention well ahead of this. I haven't been a customer for that long and am starting to look for an alternative. Vanguard is way too limited and simplistic for me. Schwab or Merrill may be the first places I check.

daytona084

Post by daytona084 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:35 am

radiowave wrote:
When I play around with the settings in the "spending" tab I can see back as far as August 2017. Don't know if there is a way to go back further than that. The default is "last 30 days". I also noticed there is a maximum of 500 transactions that can be shown on one screen, so if you don't narrow down the search (for example by limiting the number of accounts or categories) you might bump into that limit.

martyfl

Post by martyfl » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:52 am

daytona084 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:35 am
radiowave wrote:
When I play around with the settings in the "spending" tab I can see back as far as August 2017. Don't know if there is a way to go back further than that. The default is "last 30 days". I also noticed there is a maximum of 500 transactions that can be shown on one screen, so if you don't narrow down the search (for example by limiting the number of accounts or categories) you might bump into that limit.
You are correct, I did find transactions going back to early 2017. But it still does not have overall balance information. You used to be able to see you monthly, weekly, daily balance for the current and prior year. That was all lost. All it shows to me is my current net worth as of today and because they forced you to relink all external accounts, the change for the month is completely wrong and as I said you cannot see any history.

evofxdwg

Post by evofxdwg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:15 pm

lstone19 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:46 am
I am unable to link any accounts that use multi-factor authentication. I enter the user ID and password and it recognizes that there is a challenge question and has a box for typing in the answer but I am not able to actually type anything in the box (all input is ignored) - same result on two different MacOS browsers (Firefox and Chrome). OTOH, it FullView appears to be completely non-functional with Safari (I get a Fidelity login prompt in Safari that I do not get in Firefox and it will not accept my Fidelity credentials).
Using Safari on a Mac (High Sierra)

I can log in to Fidelity (my former employer net benefits site) just fine. I went to the planning area and got the message that I need to re-link my accounts to get non-stale data in my retirement plan. I followed the instructions and got a display of (I believe) all my accounts with old data. I tried the first, my credit union, and got stuck at the two-factor authentication (wouldn't let me select an authentication method). So I went on to re-link Vanguard accounts and there are no buttons or options displayed after I select Vanguard as the institution. I gave up. Will try again in a few weeks. Its broke!

I dont use it for regular financial tracking, just a check on the long term retirement projection now and then. I had problems in 2015/2016 getting reliable links when I first started using Fidelity's planning tool and even submitted a ticket. They eventually fixed it for me but it seemed to only update the linked values once every week or something like that. It would never update correctly when I was logged on.

I wish Vanguard had a tool like Fidelity's retirement planner. ARE YOU LISTENING VANGUARD?

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:29 pm

martyfl wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:52 am
daytona084 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:35 am
radiowave wrote:
You are correct, I did find transactions going back to early 2017. But it still does not have overall balance information. You used to be able to see you monthly, weekly, daily balance for the current and prior year. That was all lost. All it shows to me is my current net worth as of today and because they forced you to relink all external accounts, the change for the month is completely wrong and as I said you cannot see any history.
I dusted off my Quicken 2017 copy. Unfortunately it will only pull in expenses and transactions back to May 2018. I cannot see anything on Fidelity earlier than past 30 days unlike the other post above. If after this weekends update that is still the case, I'll bite the bullet and manual enter back to Jan 1 2018 on Quicken and likely move most of my investment accounts from Fidelity to Vanguard. I just don't have enough confidence in Fidelity at this point to keep 2/3rds of my portfolio there. The irony is Fidelity has launched a national campaign to compete against Vanguard on expense ratios. I think they just shot themselves in the head with the Full View debacle.

lazyfabs

Post by lazyfabs » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:43 pm

I have noticed that when pulling transation from various sites, i.e. cc, banks, etc, for the ‘first’ time sometimes only last few months are migrated. Guessing that by having to relink accounts it must count as a ‘first’ time.

Bit frustrating to have to start all ver, but as. Mentioned previusly the emoney sability is more robust than mint and pc combined. I was a qiuicken user until it died a slow death few years back and have played with most of the aggregate sites out there.

Emoney allows one ro create categotries and rules like quicken.

If you have tsp, some proprietary type of age based funds ticker symbols will be off but tha was the case in old fv.

Will correct my previous robust reporting statment, since it looks like all the reports the standalone version offers i was given access by a FI are not available within fidelity. Guess they want one to use the fidelity retirment planners instead.

Agree like other fidelity should of done some beta testing before flipping the switch, but sometimes the marketing department ends up calling the sots.
"I think the best way to find happiness is to stop looking so hard." - Kermit the Frog

BillC345

Post by BillC345 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:51 pm

I have been a daily user of Full View for over 10 years. Since I was unable to relink 2 accounts I spent over 45 minutes with a rep trying to resolve the problem. He told me that Fidelity had to destroy all of the history in full view for legal reasons. The only history that will be available now is what your linked institution provides when you log in. I have relied on the history for my annua budgeting and now I find have nothing to look at for this year.
I am very disappointed with Fidelity over this. Had they told me that my history was going to be lost I would have found a way to download it. Although they warned us that a change was coming they never specified a date that I saw. It just happened one weekend.
I have also set up full view for the first time under my wifes login, linked the identical accounts that are linked under my login. The data and reports that are retruned are different. For example I can see the income that has been deposited in our joint acoount this month under my login. That income does not show under her login.
Over all this has been the most botched roll out of a new product that I have encountered with any company. Fidelity's senior managment dropped the ball on this one and it makes me question thier competence. It makes me oncerned about what they will botch in the future. I have never been worried about my accounts with Fidelity in the past but I am very concerned now that their next move will impact my investments directly.
I am calling Vangurd Monday morninng and probably transfering my accounts to them. It will be a pain because of the direct deposits into my Fidelity account but I will be able to sleep at nights.
This weekend I am writing to several epople who have opened accounts at Fidelity based on my recomendation to apologize and encourage them to move thier account too.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:52 pm

Welcome! I don't have Fidelity, but be careful here. You are moving your life's savings over a disagreement on how they manage their website.

Search this forum and you'll find plenty of complaints about Vanguard's website, not to mention poor customer service. You'll find members moving to Fidelity because of it.

I wouldn't worry about your investments, as that is a different animal than management of your accounts. There are a ton of SEC regulations to protect you from that aspect. Losing an investment due to account issues should be a very, very low concern.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

sailor18

Post by sailor18 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:11 pm

Many of us are frustrated with the new Full View. I think Fidelity's technology and customer service are second to none. After blowing off some steam, I'll stay and bet that they will work out the kinks within a reasonable period of time.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:16 pm

I agree with LadyGeek not to make any rash decisions. However this is more than managing a website. Fidelity destroyed data without the clients knowledge or permission and corrupted some data as well by changing the category structure and applying it to existing data that was saved. That is a whole different set of circumstances than a poorly designed web interface.

sailor18

Post by sailor18 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:40 pm

Maybe I'm being overly simplistic here, but I'm going back to the original source to reconstruct lost data. For instance, I went back to the BofA website for information on my checking account. Agreed that Fidelity's rollout of the new Full View was botched, but I'm certainly not going to transfer any assets over it.

arf30

Post by arf30 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:30 pm

Definitely feels like a PM or middle manager at Fidelity forced an early rollout to hit a bonus objective on their review.

LeeMKE

Post by LeeMKE » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:14 am

Is it possible that Fidelity got nervous about the use of their platform as a substitute for personal budgeting and decided to avoid the possibility of fiduciary responsibility by cleaning up the amount of data saved?

I haven't used the Fidelity website as a budgeting tool, and wasn't aware that this was possible. But if I'd known, I would have thought about having so much data available that could be easily used to cloak an attack on my accounts.

Think about it. Once your spending and transfer patterns are known, in an electronics space connected directly to your accounts, it is trivial to set up transfers that match your patterns of spending, but send funds to a "new" account. This just seems a bad idea, and entirely possible.

The biggest heists will not be/aren't gargantuan transfers of wealth. It will be/is small transactions, performed many times in many accounts, that are overlooked long enough to result in a gargantuan transfer of wealth.
The mightiest Oak is just a nut who stayed the course.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:21 pm

An update, As of Sunday afternoon, I can see transactions back two years now. I'm still having problems linking one credit card. Lots of transactions categories were changed and apparently at this point, you can only add new subcategories and not change the name or add/delete existing categories.

martyfl

Post by martyfl » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:49 pm

If anyone is looking for a substitute to Fullview, I just noticed that Schwab now has an account aggregator.

Has anyone tried that one?
Thank you.

2pedals

Post by 2pedals » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:57 pm

I never was a big fan of full view. The new full view still does not show warts and all.

G-Force

Post by G-Force » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:17 pm

martyfl wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:49 pm
If anyone is looking for a substitute to Fullview, I just noticed that Schwab now has an account aggregator.

Has anyone tried that one?
Thank you.
It only shows the accounts and their balances, not individual transactions and associated categories.

lstone19

Post by lstone19 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm still having an issue with multi-factor authentication. FullView recognizes that the site it's linking to requires multi-factor authentication (such as a challenge question or a code from a text message) and shows a box for the answer but I am unable to type the answer in (nothing can be typed into the box - tried on multiple browsers on both MacOS and Windows). Anyone out there been able to type in answers like that and if so, what Operating System and Browser?