Personal Capital and FTIPX (Fidelity Total International Index Premium) Cash Allocation

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
GeraniumLover

Personal Capital and FTIPX (Fidelity Total International Index Premium) Cash Allocation

Post by GeraniumLover » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:55 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but figured others might like to know. As of the last few days, Personal Capital's Allocation tool was showing that FTIPX (Fidelity Total International Index Premium) had a 17.9% cash allocation, even though Fidelity showed it as having a 0.6% cash allocation. Since I own a lot of FTIPX, Personal Capital was showing I was quite a bit under-invested in International relative to my target. When I reported this to Personal Capital, I received the following response:

"I refreshed the allocation information for FTIPX and it is now showing a lower cash position."

I would have hoped this would happen automatically and not require a specific request. On the plus side, the Personal Capital Allocation tool is now showing I am appropriately invested in International according to my ISP.

PFInterest

Re: Personal Capital and FTIPX (Fidelity Total International Index Premium) Cash Allocation

Post by PFInterest » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:54 am

you mean a large data aggregation tool had a glitch? how.........