where did this Vanguard post go? And how to get it back?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
arcticpineapplecorp.

where did this Vanguard post go? And how to get it back?

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Fri May 25, 2018 9:20 pm

Does anyone know why Vanguard got rid of a post titled, "Stopping the silent killer of returns?" It was one of my go-tos to explain the impact of fees on investment returns. Below is a screen shot from the post which I've saved. While I can just repost the numbers I like to provide links where information was derived when possible. I've tried googling and the link before http://vanguardblog.com/2011/10/28/stop ... f-returns/ isn't working anymore. Anyone know why or how to get Vanguard to repost it? I found it quite valuable. No I haven't contacted Vanguard directly about that. Any ideas on what would be the best approach? Thanks.

"Invest we must." -- Jack Bogle | “The purpose of investing is not to simply optimise returns and make yourself rich. The purpose is not to die poor.” -- William Bernstein

vineviz

Re: where did this Vanguard post go? And how to get it back?

Post by vineviz » Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 pm

"Far more money has been lost by investors preparing for corrections than has been lost in corrections themselves." ~~ Peter Lynch

arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Sat May 26, 2018 9:35 am

thanks so much!
"Invest we must." -- Jack Bogle | “The purpose of investing is not to simply optimise returns and make yourself rich. The purpose is not to die poor.” -- William Bernstein

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Sat May 26, 2018 11:22 am

I like this chart a lot as a tool to help explain fees to people:

viewtopic.php?t=217026