2018 BOGLEHEADS CONFERENCE UPDATE 9-3-18

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Re: 2018 BOGLEHEADS CONFERENCE SOLD OUT

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Diogenes wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:47 am Any chance of a video of the main presentations that we can view later? Especially for those of us that don't live in the States most of the time?

Add it to the Wiki maybe??

_D_
The videos are online right here in the wiki and have been since we started recording the sessions a number of years ago. Seek and ye shall find!
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
Yukon

Post by Yukon »

Mel Lindauer wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:26 am
And if we did that, we'd have all the old members applying for a second account in order to qualify. :)
I mean to reward the old members by giving them first dibs :)
Don't Work Forever.
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Yukon wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 pm
Mel Lindauer wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:26 am
And if we did that, we'd have all the old members applying for a second account in order to qualify. :)
I mean to reward the old members by giving them first dibs :)
Sorry, I misread your post.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Mel Lindauer wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:14 pm
The videos are online right here in the wiki and have been since we started recording the sessions a number of years ago. Seek and ye shall find!
Excellent! How long after the conference are they usually posted?
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Diogenes wrote:
Mel Lindauer wrote:
Excellent! How long after the conference are they usually posted?
Within days :happy
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Boglehe ... onferences
pondering

Post by pondering »

It would be a nice way to give the many gifted contributors to the board (nominated by others, and reviewed by an administrative group) an increased chance of going to the conference.

It might be nice to give these people positive recognition in other ways as well.
--Robert Sterbal | robert@sterbal.com | 412-977-3526
MoneyMasterBob1

Post by MoneyMasterBob1 »

Please add me to the waiting list. My email is [(removed) --admin LadyGeek]. This would be my first time attending and I was really looking forward to it.
cfs

Post by cfs »

MoneyMasterBob1 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:02 pm . . . My email is . . .
Please edit your post removing your email address . . . good luck, y gracias por leer ~cfs~
~ Member of the Active Retired Force since 2014 ~
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

MoneyMasterBob1 - I sent you a PM. You can check PMs from the menu at the top-right corner of the page. It looks like this: Private messages (generic link, will go to the inbox of the logged-in member's account).

Sorry for bumping the thread.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
sil2017

Post by sil2017 »

To Mel
I replied to your message earlier by private message but it doesn’t show sent but rather in my outbox . I tried it 4 times or maybe five.
Hoped you received it ..

Thanks
Silvana
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

Mel:

I realize this is waaaaaay late to try, but can you please put me on your “wait” list just in case an opening comes up.

I realize I have a better chance of seeing “the cow jump over the moon” than getting to the BH Conference.

But, ya never know. If I don’t ask, then no chance at all.

Thanks Mel,

Don
galawdawg

Post by galawdawg »

This will be our first Bogleheads conference and I'm curious about the book signing. Do the authors have several of their titles available for purchase and signing or do they generally just have their most recent work? I'm wondering if I need to purchase a few that I'd like to sign beforehand and bring them or if they will be available at the conference.

Thanks!
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

galawdawg wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:53 am This will be our first Bogleheads conference and I'm curious about the book signing. Do the authors have several of their titles available for purchase and signing or do they generally just have their most recent work? I'm wondering if I need to purchase a few that I'd like to sign beforehand and bring them or if they will be available at the conference.

Thanks!
No books are sold at the Conference. Attendees bring any books they want signed.
galawdawg

Post by galawdawg »

Thanks so much!
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Re: 2018 BOGLEHEADS CONFERENCE UPDATE

Post by Mel Lindauer »

More exciting news for those who will be attending our Conference next month:

Author, Wall Street Journal columnist and Bogleheads' favorite, Jason Zweig, will be joining us. I've added him to the Q&A with the Experts Panel. Jason will also be signing books during the book signing session, so bring any of his books that you'd like to get signed.

See you in Philly next month!
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Mel Lindauer wrote: More exciting news for those who will be attending our Conference next month:

Author, Wall Street Journal columnist and Bogleheads' favorite, Jason Zweig, will be joining us. I've added him to the Q&A with the Experts Panel. Jason will also be signing books during the book signing session, so bring any of his books that you'd like to get signed.

For those who are unfamiliar with the long-standing friendship Jason Zweig has with the Bogleheads, he was the opening night speaker and wrote the first article on the Bogleheads Conference (back when we were called Vanguard Diehards) for Money Magazine in Sept. 2001.

http://jasonzweig.com/a-golden-oldie/

http://jasonzweig.com/a-golden-oldie/9-01bogleheads1/

http://jasonzweig.com/a-golden-oldie/9-01bogleheads2/

:D
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Miriam2 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:31 pm
Mel Lindauer wrote: More exciting news for those who will be attending our Conference next month:

For those who are unfamiliar with the long-standing friendship Jason Zweig has with the Bogleheads, he was the opening night speaker and wrote the first article on the Bogleheads Conference (back when we were called Vanguard Diehards) for Money Magazine in Sept. 2001.

http://jasonzweig.com/a-golden-oldie/

http://jasonzweig.com/a-golden-oldie/9-01bogleheads1/

http://jasonzweig.com/a-golden-oldie/9-01bogleheads2/

:D
Thanks for posting the links, Miriam. It's great to reminisce as we prepare for the 2018 Bogleheads Conference in a few days.

See everyone in Phlly!