New Jack Bogle Book?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

New Jack Bogle Book?

Post by abuss368 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Bogleheads -

I am reading a recent article from Philadelphia Magazine where Mr. Bogle's notes all the books he has written to date and that his 12th is on the way regarding his history with Vanguard! No other details were mentioned so I am very curious and excited.

Here is the link: http://www.phillymag.com/business/2017/ ... -vanguard/

Did any Bogleheads see this?
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

Mel Lindauer

Re: New Jack Bogle Book?

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:21 pm

abuss368 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:37 pm
Bogleheads -

I am reading a recent article from Philadelphia Magazine where Mr. Bogle's notes all the books he has written to date and that his 12th is on the way regarding his history with Vanguard! No other details were mentioned so I am very curious and excited.

Here is the link: http://www.phillymag.com/business/2017/ ... -vanguard/

Did any Bogleheads see this?
Yes, since I was interviewed for the article, I saw that reference to his new book. With Jack's age and crazy schedule, you simply can't rush him. It will be out when it's ready.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Mel Lindauer wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:21 pm
Yes, since I was interviewed for the article, I saw that reference to his new book. With Jack's age and crazy schedule, you simply can't rush him. It will be out when it's ready.
Hi Mel -

I had wanted to ask (if possible and allowed :) ) what the overall theme of the book will be: investment, speculation, a Vanguard history, etc.
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:31 am

abuss368 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:31 pm
Mel Lindauer wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:21 pm
Hi Mel -

I had wanted to ask (if possible and allowed :) ) what the overall theme of the book will be: investment, speculation, a Vanguard history, etc.
Jack is making good progress on this new book (his 12th). The first part will be the history of Vanguard. The second part will be a collection of essays that have not yet been published in any of his previous books, including a chapter about Adam Smith.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi