NextAdvisor - Anyone using this? $10/month

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
confusedinvestor

NextAdvisor - Anyone using this? $10/month

Post by confusedinvestor » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Hello Folks,

Is it worth paying $10/month using NetAdvisor to link all external accounts (His/Her 401ks, Roths, Taxables, HSAs) to track entire portfolio and/or goals with tax insights ?

https://www.nextcapital.com/#/track

They have both free and premium service (10$/month)

I currently use Personal Capital but I cant change some ER of my 401k funds to track fees. Any other free tools available?

sunnywindy

Re: NextAdvisor - Anyone using this? $10/month

Post by sunnywindy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:09 pm

No, in my opinion, $10 a month is a total waste of money. I briefly used this website (5?) years ago when it was in its infancy and the data it gave me didn't teach me anything that my brokerage statement, Personal Capital, Portfolio Visualizer, and a few other portfolio analyzers told me. Buy ETFs, ice cream, and vacation airplane tickets with your Hamiltons.
Powered by chocolate!

EvelynTroy

Post by EvelynTroy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:14 pm

Schwab has a new feature that allows you to link non-Schwab accounts to your Schwab account and see all your financial holdings in one place.
I don't know if Vanguard, Fidelity, or TD has this feature.
The Schwab feature costs nothing.
Evelyn

confusedinvestor

Post by confusedinvestor » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Yes, I do use that Schwab feature but it doesnt show my AA (Stock vs Bonds) nor any Tax Locations - It just tracks the overall Networth
EvelynTroy wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:14 pm
Schwab has a new feature that allows you to link non-Schwab accounts to your Schwab account and see all your financial holdings in one place.
I don't know if Vanguard, Fidelity, or TD has this feature.
The Schwab feature costs nothing.
Evelyn

EvelynTroy

Post by EvelynTroy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Sorry the Schwab feature doesn't work out for you.
$10 a mo. does seem kind of pricey to me

For rebalancing I use this google docs spreadsheet - you can view it and not have to download anything:

https://www.doughroller.net/investing/a ... readsheet/

for tracking performance I use M* portfolio - you can customize it to all sorts of views with different information.
I'm a new Schwab member so haven't looked closely at all the portfolio features.

Evelyn