That's all I can stands 'cause I can't stands no more!

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
gotherelate

That's all I can stands 'cause I can't stands no more!

Post by gotherelate »

OK. I think I've read it all now and I've decided to just ignore the rest. We have a crisis; we don't have a crisis. The crisis we may or may not have was brought on by the same people who want to bail us out of it; or it was brought on by those who say any bailout is unacceptable. This time is no different; this time it IS different. Stay the course; panic and run.

I just took my grandson to the credit union yesterday to open up his first savings account. All is well in my world.

-Grandpa
-Grandpa | I'd rather see where I'm going than see where I've been.
jaxbmw

Grandkids are Neat

Post by jaxbmw »

I wish mine was close enough that I could do the same thing. I also hope that there will be something there for him when I am gone.

The lunatics that offered no doc, option payment, teaser rates don't deserve to be called bankers or mortgage originators. The propeller heads that came up with the ABC soup packages of MBS, CDO and CDS need to be reassigned to real jobs making something.
Dale_G

Post by Dale_G »

The propeller heads that came up with the ABC soup packages of MBS, CDO and CDS need to be reassigned to real jobs making something.
Making big rocks into little ones comes to mind.

Dale
Volatility is my friend
craigr

Post by craigr »

Dale_G wrote:Making big rocks into little ones comes to mind.

Dale
We also need license plates.
JDaniels

Post by JDaniels »

This is what happens when greed meets stupidity. I remember a few years back a friend of mine, (who WAS a mortgage broker) telling me an interesting story. He told me how proud he was that he was able to get an employee of a very well known fast food chain restaurant an interest only mortgage of $500,000 with no money down. With this type of mentality, (on BOTH ends of this situation) we wonder why we're in such a mess!
"The poor long for riches. The rich long for heaven. But the wise desire tranquility."
RTR2006

Post by RTR2006 »

JDaniels wrote:This is what happens when greed meets stupidity. I remember a few years back a friend of mine, (who WAS a mortgage broker) telling me an interesting story. He told me how proud he was that he was able to get an employee of a very well known fast food chain restaurant an interest only mortgage of $500,000 with no money down. With this type of mentality, (on BOTH ends of this situation) we wonder why we're in such a mess!
Two different approaches to stupidity, both worked perfectly, and we ALL have to suffer...

Damn shame....

RTR