AAII?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
ripete

AAII?

Post by ripete » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:14 pm

I periodically get an offer to join AAII. Does anyone have any experience with it? Good, bad, or indifferent? It's an advertisement to join up, but is it different from any other newsletter that's being hawked?
Have no frame of reference, so I'm throwing it out to any one out there who's been involved with AAII, knows someone who has, or whatever.
Just looking for some opinions.
Thanks

willthrill81

Re: AAII?

Post by willthrill81 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:44 pm

There are a lot more active investors at AAII than here. I'm an active investor myself (trend follower), but I prefer the depth of knowledge and tenor of the Bogleheads forum to others I've seen.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” J.R.R. Tolkien,The Lord of the Rings

investor

Post by investor » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:14 am

AAII is into investor education and is not a newsletter. It is worth subscribing too.I have been a life member since the mid 1980's. Their articles are not in depth but do provide a good overview of many subjects related to personal finance and investing. They also have a good web site.

investor

brother7

Post by brother7 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:23 am

I'm an AAII subscriber. It is geared toward investor education. If i were younger than I am, I'd buy a lifetime subscription. Maybe I'll gift one to my 18-year old nephew.

mindboggling

Post by mindboggling » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:08 am

I've had a life subscription since the mid-80s. Back then there were a lot of articles about index investing, the importance of low costs, etc. Nowadays, they seem to be more into stock-picking/screening. There's not much that interests me anymore. But I still get the Journal for free.
In broken mathematics, We estimate our prize, --Emily Dickinson

topper1296

Post by topper1296 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:59 am

I became a lifetime member when I was in my late teens (I'm in my mid 40's now) and enjoy reading the articles in the Journal.