I am looking for an employer match structure that would be well-received by employees.
New hires will generally receive offers with compensation between $120,000 and $140,000 per year and can expect increases of 5% to 10% per year.
Obviously the "the sky is the limit" when it comes to possible match structures, but I am looking for something that will be competitive--especially when candidates are receiving offers from local companies:
- Apple: 50% of first 6% of compensation.
- Facebook: 50% of first 7% of compensation.
- Google: 100% up to $3000.
- IBM: 100% of first 5% of compensation.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory: 100% of first 6% of compensation.
I would like to have a generous, but reasonable and effective match structure that is attractive to employees, and gets me the most "bang-for-the buck" with my contribution. As always, looking forward to your replies.