Any recommendation on Investment Account Aggregation service?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
canbonbon

Any recommendation on Investment Account Aggregation service?

Post by canbonbon »

I was reading about Personal Capital. I don't need their investment advice or any recommendations but I like the aggregation they provide of different accounts and help show you, your overall investment picture.

https://cashcowcouple.com/service-revie ... al-review/
and
http://www.financialsamurai.com/free-wealth-management/

From what I have read, their reps do have access to your portfolios so they can see them to offer advice. There is a customary so called *Free Consultation* as well. Which is making me take a pause.

So is there any other website/service that folks here use that is a good investment account aggregation service? It would be like investment version of Mint.

Thanks,
PFInterest

Re: Any recommendation on Investment Account Aggregation service?

Post by PFInterest »

Excel.
Gadget

Post by Gadget »

If you tell personal capital that you aren't interested in a financial advisor and are a bogglehead/do it yourself type, they won't bother you again. I wouldn't let that part dissuade you.
Topic Author
canbonbon

Post by canbonbon »

PFInterest wrote:Excel.
"Excel" is what I have been using. Previously we used to be with a wealth management firm that used to give us our overall picture in statements or via their website, because all the money was with them, except 401Ks (but they had access to them via aggregation service). But for past 3 yrs, we have converted to 4-5 ETF portfolio and now also have HSAs. Its really tiring (or call me lazy) to keep updating the excel. So have been thinking of using something like personal capital.
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

I like and use the pc aggregation. I just don't answer the phone when they call.
Another one to try is sigfig. They don't seem to call as often as pc.

https://www.sigfig.com/site/#/home/am
Of course there is quicken, but it is not free.
Don't forget vanguard and fidelity, there is a long thread here about using them. Also Morningstar instant X-ray.
viewtopic.php?t=150267
BanditKing

Post by BanditKing »

I use Personal Capital and love it.

They have called me a few times, each time with a different advisor. I just tell them that I'm an Index investor, and should I have any need I'll be sure to give them a call. Each time they were very polite and we went our separate ways. Never pressured me in any way.

PC is trying to make a buck too, so I don't fault them for trying. Caller ID will show who it is as well, so you can always ignore them. Kinda wish they had a product or service I could make use of.

I've used Sigfig in the past, but stopped when I started using Personal Capital. It was nice and worked, so no major complaints, just liked PC better.

Mint never worked well for me - it couldn't connect with several of my institutions, so never gave them another look.
Topic Author
canbonbon

Post by canbonbon »

BanditKing wrote:I use Personal Capital and love it.
So I created an account and added one brokerage. They have not called me yet. maybe they have changed their policy of calling people. In a good way I guess. One issue I am seeing is that it is not able to pick up the 401K funds correctly. It needs a ticker symbol to get the price I guess, so it is just guessing what the ticker could be. As a result it is doing incorrect valuation. I will write to them to see if this can be fixed somehow. Even I am not sure how to get symbol for 401K funds like the bond fund is US intermediate bond index fund. Now I am not sure what the ticker for it would be. Any suggestions?
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

Here is a thread:
viewtopic.php?t=150267

The thread discusses use of proxy or substitute ticker symbols.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
slowbutsteady

Post by slowbutsteady »

I prefer SigFig. I use for brokerage/investmemt accounts only. Love the mobile interface and to me, Personal Capital seems clunky in comparison. Sigfig had some user-wide challenges in updating funds information some weeks back, but all good now.

I still use excel as my ultimate tracking tool, but I simply extract the numbers from Sigfig rather than log into numerous accounts.

Personal Capital is able to link to some institutions that one can only ads manually to Sigfig, but it's better interface makes the tradeoff an easy decision for me.
The tortoise wins every time I read that story.
oldzey

Post by oldzey »

As a customer of TIAA investment products, I use their 360° Financial View, which allows me to add all my accounts.

I also use Excel.
"The broker said the stock was 'poised to move.' Silly me, I thought he meant up." ― Randy Thurman