Chase.com - Anybody having issues?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Faisal

Chase.com - Anybody having issues?

Post by Faisal » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:58 am

Hey just wanted to check if anybody was having issues logging into chase.com - it has been giving me an error for a few days now saying looks like the site is not working. Please try again later.

BW1985

Re: Chase.com - Anybody having issues?

Post by BW1985 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:03 am

Nope, I just logged in fine..
"Squirrels figured out how to save eons ago. They buried acorns. Some, they dug up, for food. Others, they let to sprout, in new oak trees. We could learn from squirrels." -john94549

Faisal

Post by Faisal » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:04 am

Thanks time to do a anti-virus sweep.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:15 am

If the virus scan comes up clean, but Chase still doesn't work, try a different browser. If the other browser works, clear your cache in your primary browser.

I had this issue in Firefox before and clearing the cache fixed it.

Faisal

Post by Faisal » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:35 am

Avast Malware and Spybot all came up clean. So i tried IE and it worked fine. Thansk for the tip. Gonna clean cache and all.

Worked perfectly. Cache dumping did the trick.

WallStreetPhysician

Post by WallStreetPhysician » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Faisal wrote:Hey just wanted to check if anybody was having issues logging into chase.com - it has been giving me an error for a few days now saying looks like the site is not working. Please try again later.

No problem here. I would try a different computer / device and/or call customer service.

Pajamas

Post by Pajamas » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:43 pm

Since they redid their website, I get an error message after I log in: "It looks like our site isn't working right now. Please try again." but when I simply reload the page, the error message doesn't reappear and everything else works fine.

I use Chrome with several extensions that block ads, cookies, pop-ups, etc. and protect privacy, so I assume it has something to do with that.

F150HD

Post by F150HD » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Pajamas wrote:Since they redid their website, I get an error message after I log in: "It looks like our site isn't working right now. Please try again." but when I simply reload the page, the error message doesn't reappear and everything else works fine.

I use Chrome with several extensions that block ads, cookies, pop-ups, etc. and protect privacy, so I assume it has something to do with that.

I have a bunch of Chrome add ons that interfere w/ loading pages (like Kiplinger etc) no issues w/ Chase though.

Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:48 am

Pajamas wrote:Since they redid their website, I get an error message after I log in: "It looks like our site isn't working right now. Please try again." but when I simply reload the page, the error message doesn't reappear and everything else works fine.

Chase made some changes a month or two ago that will give a "JavaScript" error when certain ad blockers or privacy extensions are used. It annoys me to no end since I install those extensions by default on my daily web browsers. I have to spin up a special virtual machine that has Firefox without extensions just to check my Chase accounts.

rantk81

Post by rantk81 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:59 am

Uugh, I hate Chase's "new" website after the redesign several months back.
It seems to be the trend with user interfaces that everything is being displayed in bigger text with bigger buttons, with a lot of blank white space.... all this at the detriment of actually having the extra information and details all hidden away on separate pages or in separate links... makes it very frustrating to use.

mindboggling

Post by mindboggling » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:39 am

I've been a Chase customer for many years and have never had a problem logging-on to their website. I've noticed lately, however, that sometimes when I log-on from my desktop I get their full-featured website and other times I seem to get their mobile "app". I use the Chromium browser running on Mint Linux.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's not a problem. Just seems weird.
In broken mathematics We estimate our prize, --Emily Dickinson

rantk81

Post by rantk81 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 am

mindboggling wrote:I've been a Chase customer for many years and have never had a problem logging-on to their website. I've noticed lately, however, that sometimes when I log-on from my desktop I get their full-featured website and other times I seem to get their mobile "app". I use the Chromium browser running on Mint Linux.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's not a problem. Just seems weird.

Yeah that happens to me occasionally too... I've seen it on Chromium in Ubuntu and in Chrome on Windows 10, although much less frequently on Windows.

Pajamas

Post by Pajamas » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:06 am

rantk81 wrote:Uugh, I hate Chase's "new" website after the redesign several months back.
It seems to be the trend with user interfaces that everything is being displayed in bigger text with bigger buttons, with a lot of blank white space.... all this at the detriment of actually having the extra information and details all hidden away on separate pages or in separate links... makes it very frustrating to use.

That is the result of optimizing web pages for viewing on mobile devices with small screens (primarily telephones) as they now account for the majority of page views.

rantk81

Post by rantk81 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 am

Pajamas wrote:That is the result of optimizing web pages for viewing on mobile devices with small screens (primarily telephones) as they now account for the majority of page views.

Yep, I agree with you. I just wish they would save those "optimizations" for just the mobile versions of the user interfaces... instead of forcing them upon the desktop browser versions too.

Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 pm

rantk81 wrote:
Pajamas wrote:That is the result of optimizing web pages for viewing on mobile devices with small screens (primarily telephones) as they now account for the majority of page views.

Yep, I agree with you. I just wish they would save those "optimizations" for just the mobile versions of the user interfaces... instead of forcing them upon the desktop browser versions too.

It's technically feasible to have a mobile CSS and a desktop CSS that have different "looks" for the same underlying tags, but it's rare to find the company that takes the time to do it this way. These mobile-optimized sites look really ridiculous on my 27" 2k monitor.