Financial Fortitude radio show

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Mr. Potter

Financial Fortitude radio show

Post by Mr. Potter »

Anybody ever listen to this show, they just got done joking about "Indexers" and keep telling me the market is scary and they can help get great returns with no risk....than they talk some more but never give any specifics. I'm tempted to go to their free seminar but I'm pretty sure I would come home thinking it was a waste of time. Anyone here invest with Vincent? just curious what the big secret is.
mhalley

Re: Financial Fortitude radio show

Post by mhalley »

Great returns plus no risk is generally the marker of a scam. A free seminar that offers such a thing will likely wind up costing a fortune. From the wiki
"Risk and return are inextricably related. Higher returns generally can be achieved only by taking more risk, but because the risk exists, the higher expected returns may not result in higher realized returns."
From a moneymart website:
"There are no shortcuts to investing success. The combination of high returns and low risk does not exist. The golden rule is 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true'.
Bondman

Post by Bondman »

My guess is that it they are selling insurance/annuities. Where I live there are multiple weekly radio shows that talk about guaranteed return via an annuity. They mention some of the same points regarding the market being at all time highs, scary volatility, what happened in 2008-2009,etc.
blueblock

Post by blueblock »

I have no comment on Financial Fortitude or Vincent Asset Management, but I can tell you that this is a tried and true business model.

There's the core business, whatever it may be—coaching of various sorts is a big one; in this case it seems to be financial services. The free seminar will typically provide value all by itself, if you're lucky, but you'll also be given the "opportunity" to spend money on services that will "jumpstart," "ignite" or otherwise "accelerate" your desired results in the focus area.

I'm most familiar with real-estate-related coaching businesses. There are some good ones out there, with many adoring adherents who have profited from the advice received, but there are far more not so good ones.

Caveat Emptor.
Toons

Post by Toons »

"and keep telling me the market is scary and they can help get great returns with no risk."

Enough said for me.
Pass
:happy
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee
arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. »

From their website: https://www.vincentassetmanagement.com/

What fees will I pay? they don't specifically say but they do say they are competitive with others (trust but verify) and they only say this:
A: Since every client’s portfolio is a custom creation, no two are exactly alike in their structure or fees. Thus, you may pay fees in a couple different ways:

1. Management Fee – This applies to some portfolios and does not apply to others. In general, this is a fee for ongoing investment management.

2. Incentive Fees – These fees are based on new growth and apply to some portfolios and not to others. Incentive fees are a popular way to align a client’s interests with our interests in that we don’t make money if you don’t make money.
If you're scared "stockless" or sick of annuities:

What services do they provide?
Investment Management
Retirement Management
Tax Related Strategies
Value-Added Services
Asset Protection Structures
Unique Hybrid Strategies
Hybrid Multi-Asset Funds
Non-Correlated Diversification
Principal Protected Funds
Hybrid Indexed Annuities
Direct Participation Real Estate (DPRE)
Investment Grade Bonds
Tactical Investment Strategies
Alternative Investments (ALTs)
Absolute Return Strategies
Tax Reduction Strategies
Tax Preferenced Investments
Lifetime Retirement Income
Intergenerational Income
Retirement Plan Rollovers & Transfers
Hybrid S-D IRAs
Legacy & Estate Planning
Inheritance Counseling
Social Security Maximization
Hybrid Insurance Products
Charitable Giving Strategies
My response: "I don't understand what half of those are but do you have this three fund portfolio thingy I keep hearing so much about at bogleheads?" :happy
It's hard to accept the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear. Investing is simple, but not easy. Buy, hold & rebalance low cost index funds & manage taxable events. Asking Portfolio Questions | Wiki
Toons

Post by Toons »

arcticpineapplecorp. wrote:From their website: https://www.vincentassetmanagement.com/

What fees will I pay? they don't specifically say but they do say they are competitive with others (trust but verify) and they only say this:
A: Since every client’s portfolio is a custom creation, no two are exactly alike in their structure or fees. Thus, you may pay fees in a couple different ways:

1. Management Fee – This applies to some portfolios and does not apply to others. In general, this is a fee for ongoing investment management.

2. Incentive Fees – These fees are based on new growth and apply to some portfolios and not to others. Incentive fees are a popular way to align a client’s interests with our interests in that we don’t make money if you don’t make money.
If you're scared "stockless" or sick of annuities:

What services do they provide?
Investment Management
Retirement Management
Tax Related Strategies
Value-Added Services
Unique Hybrid Strategies
Hybrid Multi-Asset Funds
Hybrid Indexed Annuities
Investment Grade Bonds
Tax Reduction Strategies
Intergenerational Income
Hybrid S-D IRAs
Legacy & Estate Planning
Inheritance Counseling
My response: "I don't understand what half of those are but do you have this three fund portfolio thingy I keep hearing so much about at bogleheads?" :happy

+1
Simply Excellent :sharebeer
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee
prudent

Post by prudent »

Investment Management
Retirement Management
Tax Related Strategies
Value-Added Services
Unique Hybrid Strategies
Hybrid Multi-Asset Funds
Hybrid Indexed Annuities
Investment Grade Bonds
Tax Reduction Strategies
Intergenerational Income
Hybrid S-D IRAs
Legacy & Estate Planning
Inheritance Counseling
I'd love to know if their super HNW clients are offered Value-Added Hybrid Multi-Asset Non-Correlated Tactical Tax-Preferenced Strategies.