John Bogle interviews

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
selftalk

John Bogle interviews

Postby selftalk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Are the any recent interviews featuring John Bogle ?

stemikger

Re: John Bogle interviews

Postby stemikger » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Press on Regardless! I'm old enough to bleed, I'm old enough to breed, I'm old enough to crack a brick in your mouth while you sleep.

CyclingDuo

Postby CyclingDuo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:31 am

selftalk wrote:Are the any recent interviews featuring John Bogle ?

He was just on CNBC a few minutes ago, so I would assume a link will be on their site to see his excellent comments from today.

sschullo

Postby sschullo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:40 am

CyclingDuo wrote:
selftalk wrote:Are the any recent interviews featuring John Bogle ?

He was just on CNBC a few minutes ago, so I would assume a link will be on their site to see his excellent comments from today.

What a great American! CNBC gave him plenty of time to thoroughly explain what we all know here, his thoughts on the difference between short term and long term, politics, investments, active vs. passive and the fact that Vanguard took in $300 billion in 2016. CNBC asked a revealing question, and I am paraphrasing, is the indexing strategy war over? Again, Jack referred to the data that Vanguard, Blackrock, and one other company have so much money in indexing, that Wall Street had a meeting with 90 active managers to try and figure out what they could do about it.
Public School K-12 Educators: "Ask NOT what your annuity sales person can do for you, ask what you can do to be a Do-It-Yourselfer (DIY)."

selftalk

Postby selftalk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Thanks ! That was a very good and informative interview.

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Postby abuss368 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:10 pm

I always look at Mr. Bogle's Blog here:

http://johncbogle.com/wordpress/
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

Return to “Investing - Theory, News & General”