International Equities

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
timmy

International Equities

Post by timmy »

The Bogleheads.org site has been down for 2 days. Has anyone decided to increase their international equity exposure during that time? If so, come forward. :annoyed

Welcome back Bogleheads :sharebeer
patrick

Re: International Equities

Post by patrick »

I didn't place any trades to increase international equity exposure. However, it just happens that on Friday my international equities increased in value while the rest of my portfolio decreased in value. As a result my international equity exposure managed to increase on its own without any action on my part.
Tamalak

Post by Tamalak »

Increased mine from 40% to 50% a couple weeks ago. Reasoning: 50% is market cap. Also cuz it looks neater on my balance sheets :sharebeer
SpringMan

Post by SpringMan »

Added a little to VSS in a taxable account. Still international is only 16% of our equities.
Best Wishes, SpringMan
SpartanBull

Post by SpartanBull »

Just wondering (excuse me if there was some big news recently that I Missed) but is there any particular reason you're asking if people increased their international exposure? Just a random question, or is it being asked because something happened recently that is making you ask that? Just curious. Thanks.
pascalwager

Post by pascalwager »

No, but I was considering adjusting my allocation using 47% as the market starting point and applying various factors. But I finally decided to leave it at 50%, where it's approximately been since 1995. I'm always hesitant to reduce int'l because I would be selling low and buying high. My initial account allocations so long ago were 51/49 and 47/53 (both US/int'l), so I'm really accustomed to a relatively high int'l allocation (and lower returns).
VT 60% / VFSUX 20% / TIPS 20%