[2016 Bogleheads 15 Conference Report]

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
9-5 Suited

Re: [2016 Bogleheads 15 Conference Report]

Post by 9-5 Suited » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:07 pm

Thanks so much for posting all of this! Here's your winner of the strangest admission of the day: I sometimes listen to the Morningstar interviews with Jack from past conferences when I'm having trouble sleeping. Something about his voice that is so calming and reassuring! And the content is awesome, too.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:25 pm

As promised, everyone who posed for the Vanguard group photo is now in the wiki: The Bogleheads®

You can get to this page by clicking on "About Us" at the top-right of the Bogleheads.org home page, or About Bogleheads® at the bottom of every wiki page.

Also, Jack Bogle's picture is now on the wiki home page.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:59 pm

Vanguard has blogged about the conference: Thank you, Bogleheads!

The link is in the wiki: Bogleheads® Conferences - Bogleheads (Bogleheads® 15 - Philadelphia)*

*The wiki is a collaborative effort. Another editor (not me) has updated the page.

Update: See this thread: Vanguard blog gives Bogleheads kudos
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

traveltoomuch

Post by traveltoomuch » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:51 pm

Reflecting back on the 2016 conference, which was my first:

Notably lacking in the program was any tie back to these forums - there was nothing in the program about how to improve the forums, e.g. "how to be more help to newcomers". Many people I met do not post (regularly) on the forum. Some did not even have accounts.

It was quite a counterpoint to other face to face meetups of people who have met on online forums - those are usually about building on and reinforcing the social connections already made online. The Bogleheads conference was something entirely different, at least for a relative newcomer like me - it may feel different for those who have been doing this for years and years.

The sessions were mostly one-to-many presentation. Most sessions were about macroeconomic trends or general investing sentiment.