BOGLEHEADS 14 VIDEOS

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
VELO724X

BOGLEHEADS 14 VIDEOS

Post by VELO724X »

To All:

The first video from the proceedings of Bogleheads 14, held October 14 - 16, 2015, is now up on the Bogleheads Vimeo Channel. The rest will be going up over the next few weeks.

To start off, please enjoy a wonderful Q & A session with our mentor, Jack Bogle. He begins by referencing Gus Sauter's keynote which had just been delivered. The slide deck for that talk is already posted on the wiki, but I will have the actual presentation (which was fantastic!) online as soon as I can plus the remarkable Q & A session that followed which was every bit as informative as the main presentation.

More to come!!

BH 14 - Jack Bogle Q & A Session
https://vimeo.com/143007738

The Bogleheads Channel, which collects the proceedings from the past and current reunions, can be found here:
https://vimeo.com/channels/bogleheads

Here, you will find the Jack Bogle Keynotes, Q & A's, and Panel of Experts discussions from past Bogleheads Reunions, currently Bogleheads 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and, starting now, 14.

You will also find links to the proceedings in the Bogleheads Conferences section in the wiki under The Bogleheads®

I'd like to give my heartfelt thanks to Jack Bogle and all the authors and experts who travel to this meeting every year to impart their wisdom. I'm especially grateful to Mel Lindauer and his veritable army of organizers and volunteers for making these gatherings possible. And a special callout to LadyGeek who does such a wonderful job maintaining the wiki and so much of the digital infrastructure that binds our community together.

You are ALL such wonderful and so very special people. You help make this conference the intellectual and inspirational highlight of my year. You collectively set the bar to which I aspire in my own projects. More of the great "Bogleheads ripple effect" that I hope all who become involved with this great organization will help propagate!

Rich Guerra
VELO724X
Wildebeest

Re: BOGLEHEADS 14 VIDEOS

Post by Wildebeest »

Hi Rich,

Thank you so much for doing such a wonderful job with the videos and getting them up so quickly.
I greatly appreciate it.

W.
The Golden Rule: One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.
Kathleen Ryan

Post by Kathleen Ryan »

Hi Dr. Rich,

Thank you once again for recording the happenings of the Bogleheads Reunions, and posting them here, as a review for those who attended and to let those who weren't able to attend, to see and almost feel like they were there too.

A separate thought: It is so nice to see you on the Vanguard ads filmed aside your plane. =)

With best wishes to you,
Kathleen
Barry Barnitz
Wiki Admin

Post by Barry Barnitz »

Hi:

The link to the video is now documented in the wiki ===> see Bogleheads® Conferences - Bogleheads

regards,
Additional administrative tasks: Financial Page bogleheads.org. blog; finiki the Canadian wiki; The Bogle Center for Financial Literacy site; La Guía Bogleheads® España site.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

You're amazing, Rich! Can't believe that you got this up already, given all that you've got on your plate with your new doctor-owned hospital.

This is just one more example of what makes the Bogleheads Community so great - everyone contributes in their own way and that makes the whole so much greater than the sum of the parts.

Thanks, again, Rich for donating your time and talents and doing this year after year. You da man!

Best regards,

Mel
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
rjbraun

Post by rjbraun »

Truly, truly amazing! Thank you so much. It's particularly nice to have this information shared so soon after the conference, though of course no small feat to do so.

I echo others' sentiments: you are the best! :beer
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Thanks! I always enjoy your videos from the Bogleheads conferences.
gailcox

Post by gailcox »

Thank you Rich! We appreciate you!

Gail
matjen

Post by matjen »

Thank you for posting this so soon Rich. Another wonderful talk by Jack Bogle. Humorous and informative.
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
cottonseed1

Post by cottonseed1 »

Wildebeest wrote:Hi Rich,

Thank you so much for doing such a wonderful job with the videos and getting them up so quickly.
I greatly appreciate it.

W.

Yes,yes! Thank you!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Also, my thanks to Rich. As Rich stated, the uploads will be ongoing for several weeks.
VELO724X wrote:... And a special callout to LadyGeek who does such a wonderful job maintaining the wiki and so much of the digital infrastructure that binds our community together.
You're welcome, but I'm not the only one editing the wiki - I just post a lot in the forum. As noted earlier in the thread, Barry Barnitz* added the video link.

* Barry Barnitz is the wiki's founder. For the complete wiki history, see: Bogleheads® wiki history.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 »

Rich - the videos are great! We appreciate your super efforts!
Topic Author
VELO724X

Post by VELO724X »

To all who have offered their thanks: You are very welcome! It's always a treat to see these discussions again. Being there in person is even better but if you can't make it, you'll definitely get a flavor of it! If you haven't attended before, take a look and you'll see it's definitely worth considering!!

Missed seeing you at the reunion Kathleen!

Didn't mean to slight Barry! Many thanks for all your efforts too! EVERYONE who makes the website and servers and the wiki go is doing such an amazing thing for the Bogleheads community! Your contributions make it all possible!

More to come soon everyone!
Topic Author
VELO724X

Post by VELO724X »

To All:

Another Bogleheads 14 video has been posted! The traditional annual Jack Bogle & Bill Bernstein Fireside Chat!!

BH14 Jack Bogle & Bill Bernstein Fireside Chat
https://vimeo.com/143549013

Another standout discussion between our mentor, Jack Bogle, and Bill Bernstein! The wide ranging dialogue covered international investing, bond funds, the ETF market, the crisis affecting the retirement system and more! It was fascinating! Enjoy!

Rich

The Bogleheads Channel, which collects the proceedings from the Bogleheads Reunions 9 through 14, can be found here:

Other posted Bogleheads 14 videos
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

VELO724X wrote:To All:

Another Bogleheads 14 video has been posted! The traditional annual Jack Bogle & Bill Bernstein Fireside Chat!!

Another standout discussion between our mentor, Jack Bogle, and Bill Bernstein! The wide ranging dialogue covered international investing, bond funds, the ETF market, the crisis affecting the retirement system and more! It was fascinating! Enjoy!

Rich

The Bogleheads Channel, which collects the proceedings from the Bogleheads Reunions 9 through 14, can be found here:

Thanks again for another outstanding job, Rich. I know you have a lot on your plate with your new hospital, so it's especially kind of you to take the time to get these videos up so fast.

Best regards,

Mel
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Stay tuned. Dr. Rich has more to come and will announce the availability of future videos as they're finished and ready for prime time.
Topic Author
VELO724X

Post by VELO724X »

To All:

Here's another Bogleheads 14 video for you all! The Panel of Experts!!

BH 14 Panel of Experts
https://vimeo.com/144241520 [link fixed by admin LadyGeek]

A great discussion amongst an illustrious panel of experts, Rick Ferri, Bill Bernstein, Allan Roth and Mike Piper, moderated by Boglehead Ed Rager! Answering questions from the Bogleheads community, the wide ranging dialogue covered private equity and international investing, dollar cost averaging, "Brilliant Beta" vs Smart Beta, timing of required minimum distributions from IRAs, the experts own asset allocations and why, using international bonds in a retirement portfolio, the role of REITs as a diversifier, effects of Social Security means testing, factor investing, impact of currency fluctuations on stocks and much more! Enjoy!

Rich

pondering

Post by pondering »

Has anyone tried to transcribe these?
--Robert Sterbal | robert@sterbal.com | 412-977-3526
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Will you post a video of Gus Sauter's presentation?
patriciamgr2

Post by patriciamgr2 »

Dr. Rich G: I just finished the experts' panel recording (watched the others earlier). Thank You so very much for doing this! As the saying goes, "If you want something done, ask a busy person". Thanks.
Topic Author
VELO724X

Post by VELO724X »

Yes!!! It's in the works. The difficulty is trying to incorporate the slides in a split screen.

Gus's presentation was fantastic and thought provoking. I would also say that the Q&A and discussion afterward was fantastic! Due to the length of the video, I anticipate that his presentation will be posted in two parts, first the powerpoint and then the Q&A/discussion. Both are well worth watching.

Thanks for the kind words, Mel and patriciamgr2 (and everyone else)!
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Thanks again to Dr. Rich for the great videography year after year. As Rich said, there's still more to come. In the meantime, enjoy the three videos that are already up.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

Is there a Q&A with Jack available in print?
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
Riprap

Post by Riprap »

VELO724X wrote:
Yes!!! It's in the works. The difficulty is trying to incorporate the slides in a split screen.

Gus's presentation was fantastic and thought provoking. I would also say that the Q&A and discussion afterward was fantastic! Due to the length of the video, I anticipate that his presentation will be posted in two parts, first the powerpoint and then the Q&A/discussion. Both are well worth watching.

Thanks for the kind words, Mel and patriciamgr2 (and everyone else)!
I am eagerly awaiting Gus' presentation. I sincerely appreciate your efforts.