Does John Bogle respond to autograph requests

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
stemikger

Does John Bogle respond to autograph requests

Post by stemikger » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi folks,

I would like to write to Mr. Bogle to ask if he could send me his autograph. I would like it to say my name to make it personal. The address I have is the Vanguard Group, P.O. Box 2900, Valley Forge, PA 19482-2900. The last few years I have been collecting autographs on e-bay, a hobby I'm really enjoying. I currently have two John Bogle Press photos and two of his books he autographed. I also have Charlie Munger's autograph and Warren Buffetts which was very hard to get for the price I wanted to pay, but I got lucky.

Of course, I would send a pre-paid envelope to send it back to me.

What do you think the chances are Mr. Bogle would do this.

Thanks for anyone who knows if this is possible.

Steve
Choose Simplicity ~ Stay the Course!! ~ Press on Regardless!!!

6miths

Re: Does John Bogle respond to autograph requests

Post by 6miths » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Maybe ask someone who is going to the Bogleheads' Reunion in October to get it for you. I'm not going this year but I have always been impressed with Mr Bogle's stamina and friendliness when signing books and things at the conference. My impression is that if the envelope actually got to him that he would sign it but making the connection is the issue. Taylor would know much better. Good luck.
'It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so!' Mark Twain

1210sda

Re: Does John Bogle respond to autograph requests

Post by 1210sda » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:04 am

The address I show is:

The Vanguard Group, Inc.
PO Box 2600
Valley Forge, PA 19482-2600

1210sda