Complete set of rules for 2015
- Pick a fancy name for your hedge fund. Show some creativity. A panel of esteemed judges will choose the best.
- Before 9 am EST on 6 Jan 2015, pick up to three stocks to go long and up to three to short. Equal dollar amounts are placed on each position.
- Stock only. No bonds, no options, no funds.
- No trades during the year, except that you can elect at any time during normal exchange business hours to "freeze" a price for any individual position at that day's closing price, i.e. liquidate that one position. Other than that, you're stuck with what you choose for the year.
- The universe from which to choose is the Russell 3000.
- Starting prices are the 5 Jan 2015 close, ending prices will be the 31 Dec 2015 close. (Adjustments may be made to either in case of crazy spreads, at my sole discretion.)
- Winner of the name contest deemed to purchase long positions at 1% discount and sell short positions at 1% premium!
- Dividends won't count because ...
- It's all automated to make it easy on myself.
Post your picks in this thread before 9 am EST next Tuesday. If you pick ineligible shares and it's not caught before the deadline, the portfolio is disqualified. Your picks must be in this list: Russell 3000 Index membership list - 2014 constituents.