Jack on Bloomberg Today...

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
bondsr4me

Jack on Bloomberg Today...

Post by bondsr4me »

I just heard that Jack B. is gonna be on Bloomberg TV this morning....just waiting to see/hear what he has to say today.

Happy "Investing" to all,

Don
dkturner

Re: Jack on Bloomberg Today...

Post by dkturner »

On at 11:00 EDT
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

Thank you for the update. I will look for it later on.
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
matjen

Post by matjen »

On now
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
DouglasDoug

Post by DouglasDoug »

Missed: Is there a link?
Ice-9

Post by Ice-9 »

countdown

Post by countdown »

Thanks for posting link.
Interesting interview.
Disappointed they ran out of time.

Found JB's thoughts on HFT very balanced. From HFT ushering in lower costs to consumers, to the now, in effect, resulting insider trading.
(Also liked the incidental 'shout out' to Wellington, as I am very content with my holding.)
mickeyd

Post by mickeyd »

Thanks for the Bloomberg link. Jack was "on" CNBC a few days ago but the connection kept getting cut and they finally aborted the interview after 3 strikes.
Part-Owner of Texas | | “The CMH-the Cost Matters Hypothesis -is all that is needed to explain why indexing must and will work… Yes, it is that simple.” John C. Bogle
SnowSkier

Post by SnowSkier »

Very interesting!...to hear Cliff Asness & Jack Bogle share their thoughts in this discussion between the two of them.

Worth taking the time to watch. Includes their comments on perspectives of Paul Samuelson, Gene Fama, and Robert Shiller.

Also, includes Jack's thoughts on tilting to small & value (toward the end of the video).

I only wish the discussion between Jack and Cliff was longer (and didn't have any comments/participation from the Bloomberg anchor).
stemikger

Post by stemikger »

Thanks for the link. I always enjoy watching Jack. It's a little scary how sharp he still is and I'm always amazed how smart he is.
Choose Simplicity ~ Stay the Course!! ~ Press on Regardless!!!
HIinvestor

Post by HIinvestor »

Jack just makes so much sense. It's comforting to me that it doesn't take a genius to understand his perspective and make an informed decision that what he says is logical. Am sorry he was cut off, as what he was saying was very interesting to me.
stemikger

Post by stemikger »

HIinvestor wrote:Jack just makes so much sense. It's comforting to me that it doesn't take a genius to understand his perspective and make an informed decision that what he says is logical. Am sorry he was cut off, as what he was saying was very interesting to me.
The smartest people have a way of making the complicated simple. Buffett also has this gift and I also think it is a sign of their humility and how you never feel they are talking down to you.

Dave Ramsey is another so-called expert who definitely does not have this gift.
Choose Simplicity ~ Stay the Course!! ~ Press on Regardless!!!
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

stemikger wrote:
HIinvestor wrote:Jack just makes so much sense. It's comforting to me that it doesn't take a genius to understand his perspective and make an informed decision that what he says is logical. Am sorry he was cut off, as what he was saying was very interesting to me.
The smartest people have a way of making the complicated simple. Buffett also has this gift and I also think it is a sign of their humility and how you never feel they are talking down to you.

Dave Ramsey is another so-called expert who definitely does not have this gift.
Well said. This is why I have always enjoyed listening to both Jack Bogle and Warren Buffett.
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."