[Looking for] Good Portfolio Tracking Tool

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
victor2244

[Looking for] Good Portfolio Tracking Tool

Post by victor2244 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:10 pm

I am looking for a good Portfolio tracking tool. Any suggestions? Thanks.

livesoft

Re: [Looking for] Good Portfolio Tracking Tool

Post by livesoft » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:24 pm

This is a frequently asked question. I use the free Microsoft Money on a computer running Windows. Google for the free download.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

victor2244

Post by victor2244 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Does this automatically track price and performance? Will it also check the % growth, income, etc?

Thanks.

02sbxstr

Post by 02sbxstr » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Wall St Journal has a pretty good and easy to setup portfolio tracking tool. https://portfolio.wsj.com/portfolio will get you started. I have an online subscription which may be required.

DoWahDaddy

Post by DoWahDaddy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Look at morningstar.com as well.
Me: 75/25 stocks/bonds | Son: 45/45/10 matchbox/hotwheels/thomas & friends

victor2244

Post by victor2244 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:49 pm

I was looking for an easy, free portfolio tracker and came across Wikivest. This will automatically link to my Vanguard and Fidelity accounts and seems like this will be a good tool. Thanks for the input.

polaris007us

Post by polaris007us » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:52 pm

I have been using the T. Rowe Price website that has an excellent Portfolio tracking tool. The best thing I like is that it used the morningstar's x-ray tool to analyze your mutual fund holding along with other investments (CDs, Cash, Bonds etc.,) to give you a complete picture of your AA. You can view this by asset classes, stock sector, stock style diversification, performance, geographic diversification etc., This service is directly available on Morningstar web site but for a steep annual subscription. On the T Rowe web site it is free.
polestar

victor2244

Post by victor2244 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:35 pm

I will look into the T Rowe Price site, and hopefully it will not be a problem since I do not have an account there.

The Wikinvest site looks very good and does what I need. However, it is asking for my password and account names since it updates automatically. It is apparently endorsed by a number of reputable organizations such as the Wall Street Journal, etc. and has some good reviews, but I do not want to give account information unless I am 100% this is legit. Anyone using Wikinvest?

partner

Post by partner » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:21 pm

polaris007us wrote:I have been using the T. Rowe Price website that has an excellent Portfolio tracking tool. The best thing I like is that it used the morningstar's x-ray tool to analyze your mutual fund holding along with other investments (CDs, Cash, Bonds etc.,) to give you a complete picture of your AA. You can view this by asset classes, stock sector, stock style diversification, performance, geographic diversification etc., This service is directly available on Morningstar web site but for a steep annual subscription. On the T Rowe web site it is free.
A couple of years back I tried the TRP website. After entering all of my information into it the next day half of it would disappear. I would re-enter it and a few days latter some of it was gone again. This went on for a while until I gave up. Has this happened to you? I have to admit that the web site was not very intuitive with no instructions, I am not totally sure I was not doing everything correctly.