Could bogleheads vote on Top 10 "asks" of Vanguard?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
DrDoodle

Could bogleheads vote on Top 10 "asks" of Vanguard?

Post by DrDoodle » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Not sure where this question should go, or if it's even appropriate for the forum, but ....

What if bogleheads voted to collectively identify their most-desired Vanguard services/features/bugfixes/products .... would Vanguard pay attention if there was a strong consensus on a handful of reasonable items? Would this even be an acceptable thing to do on the forum?

I realize that this is a boglehead forum, not a Vanguard forum, so perhaps that's reason enough to answer "no". There is, however, a strong Vanguard orientation here, and people already have discussions about what they'd like to see Vanguard do differently.

[moved to Investing - Theory, News & General forum - admin alex]

nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Re: Could bogleheads vote on Top 10 "asks" of Vanguard?

Post by nisiprius » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Just do it yourself. Go for it. Use a discussion in this thread to develop the list of "asks," then create the poll yourself. Either there are people at Vanguard reading the forum, or there aren't. If there are, how much attention they pay will probably depend mostly on how good the list is and how interesting the poll results were. I don't think some Official Boglehead Wish List or anything like that would have any greater clout.

Any forum member can create a poll, and the forum software lets you allow people to cast more than one vote. Perhaps a list of ten items and allow people cast two votes...

The questions are everything, though. You'll probably be surprised how hard it is to find areas of true consensus, though.

The goal would be to identify--if one exists--some do-able thing that actually does have strong consensus, yet one that that Vanguard might not have realized was important.

Here are my two. a) Seamless connection between Vanguard mutual fund accounts and VBS accounts. b) Smarter layout on printed, mailed statements to cut down on the number of pages they use.

What are your "asks?"
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

Topic Author
DrDoodle

Post by DrDoodle » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Well, if an Official Boglehead Wish List wouldn't have any special clout, then I guess it's not necessary to do a poll .... but I'd be happy to see what "asks" people might contribute to this thread.

For me, my asks would include:

1. More extensive and fine-grained control over the email alerts that VG sends. E.g., I'd like to be able to get an email alert when one of my holdings posts a distribution.
2. Ability to cancel unfilled mutual fund orders online.
3. Some kind of rebalancing tool (but I admit that I don't have any idea what this would look like or how it would function; it might be impossible to develop a tool that's both powerful enough to be valuable, while also being flexible enough to meet the different needs of different users).

I don't have a VBS account, but if I did I'm sure it would drive me crazy if it's not fully integrated with the mutual fund account management web site.
Last edited by DrDoodle on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

red5

Post by red5 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:35 pm

nisiprius wrote:a) Seamless connection between Vanguard mutual fund accounts and VBS accounts.
+1

rkhusky

Post by rkhusky » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:39 pm

1) More detailed mutual fund information, such as size and value/growth distributions, bond maturity/duration and quality distributions (provided for bond funds, but not for balanced funds). Morningstar provides this information quarterly, but Vanguard could do it monthly, and sometimes Morningstar and Vanguard numbers are not the same.

2) Provide the above information for my portfolio (or any portfolio that I create).

FillorKill

Post by FillorKill » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Can we get the VBS* platform out of the 1980's, please? And how about an EMSV & ISV** index fund & etf while we're at it. :D

* Vanguard brokerage services. They require a western union telegram or morse code over the telegraph to execute orders - very cumbersome....
**Emerging market small value & International small value - for anyone that might be wondering.

dad2000

Post by dad2000 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 pm

red5 wrote:
nisiprius wrote:a) Seamless connection between Vanguard mutual fund accounts and VBS accounts.
+1
+2

Also:
A better "Portfolio Watch", preferably using M* X-Ray data as a source.
Additional funds: IntDev SV, EM SV, CCF.

nydad

Post by nydad » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:25 pm

My top asks
1) Bring back coverdells! pretty please! seriously.
2) Show more than 5 years of performance data. If the pitch is long term investing, why don't they show you long term performance of your investments? This should stretch out to 30 years at least, if not more - as far back as they can go. Data storage is relatively cheap, why not let long term VG investors see how well they've really done over all those years? As it is, 5 years back brings you to 2008, so you missed everything before, and pretty soon even the big collapse will disappear from the radar...
3) Statement householding
4) annual report householding (if i hold the same fund for my wife, kids, myself, just send me one annual report about it)

nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:41 pm

nydad wrote:2) Show more than 5 years of performance data. If the pitch is long term investing, why don't they show you long term performance of your investments? This should stretch out to 30 years at least, if not more - as far back as they can go. Data storage is relatively cheap, why not let long term VG investors see how well they've really done over all those years? As it is, 5 years back brings you to 2008, so you missed everything before, and pretty soon even the big collapse will disappear from the radar...
I agree with you, except that I think they do show 10 years, not 5.

And they regularly show percentage annualized NUMBERS since inception, which not every mutual fund company does:

Still, for a cheap thrill, go to the Morningstar site and ask for Quote, VWELX, Chart, Maximum.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

ram

Post by ram » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:45 pm

- Accurate data for rebalancing.
-Show performance and ac balance for >5 yrs
Ram

red5

Post by red5 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:46 pm

nisiprius wrote:
Still, for a cheap thrill, go to the Morningstar site and ask for Quote, VWELX, Chart, Maximum.
Now if only I would have invested 10k in 1929 :oops:

Minot

Post by Minot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Passwords longer than 10 places, that distinguish between upper and lower case.

Faith20879

Post by Faith20879 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:02 pm

The current features are quite sufficient for us. However since ya'll are asking for something, I'll ask for one too.

I'd like VG to establish a special class, say the Clipper (so not to overshadow the Flagship???) and charge even lower ER% for someone like me who don't need anything extra. :D :D :D

Regards,
Faith

Random Musings

Post by Random Musings » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:18 pm

1. Better brokerage services
2. More CD choices
3. 15 and 20 year performance calculations
4. Better asset allocation calculations - at the least, they should be able to calculate their own funds correctly....

RM
Last edited by Random Musings on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I figure the odds be fifty-fifty I just might have something to say. FZ

Brian2d

Post by Brian2d » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Receive an email whenever I get a dividend so I can reinvest it somewhere (I like to use dividends to rebalance in taxable).

nydad

Post by nydad » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi - on this, I meant personal performance numbers for more than 5 years (not for funds). But yes, having 10/20/30/40/50 year numbers for funds also would be awesome - to show the longevity and track record.

And now, an image of my own...

:) :?

hicabob

Post by hicabob » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 pm

A moneymarket competitive with the likes of Ally, Cap360 etc. Perhaps a big .9%?

Code Commit

Post by Code Commit » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Admiral shares in Individual 401k, please

and +1 to better integrated mutual fund/brokerage

beammeupscotty

Post by beammeupscotty » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:29 pm

ram wrote:-Show performance and ac balance for >5 yrs
+1

#2: Two-factor authentication (and longer passwords).

tarnation

Post by tarnation » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:39 pm

1) Lower minimum for TIPS auctions.
2) International small value Index fund, or even International large Value (e.g EFV).
3) more integration between brokerage and MF side.
4) Higher IRA contributions limits. :)

sport

Post by sport » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:48 pm

Withholding of state income tax for all states on IRA withdrawals.

chipmonk

Post by chipmonk » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:49 pm

nisiprius wrote:What are your "asks?"
Here is an annoying bug that I encounter when I try to change my automatic investment schedule or amount at Vanguard (which I do frequently depending on how much extra cash I'll have!).

If there are 28 or 30 days in the current month, you cannot choose the 31st as the desired date for a twice-a-month investment. If you already had saved the 31st as the desired date for such an investment, modifying this in a month with <31 days will change that saved setting. However, if you have already saved the 31st as the date, Vanguard will automatically "do the right thing" and make your auto-investment on the last day of the month if there are less than 31 days.

Basically, there's no way to permanently choose the last day of the month as the desired date for an auto-investment, unless the current month has 31 days:

Seems like this would be pretty easy to fix, and would help me keep my auto-investment dates synced with my paycheck the way that I want :)

Angst

Post by Angst » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:25 pm

tarnation wrote:1) Lower minimum for TIPS auctions.
2) International small value Index fund, or even International large Value (e.g EFV).
3) more integration between brokerage and MF side.
4) Higher IRA contributions limits. :)
- A big +1 on the TIPS minimum!
- and sure, I'd like ISV too. (Maybe even EMSV? Baby steps here Angie...)

But my biggest peeve by far is the miserable display for Vanguard's "Balances and holdings" page:

1) How about cleaning it up so I can see each fund/holding on 1 line? (Or just a couple lines! I hit the largest +text size button and "Vanguard Emerging Markets Stock Index Fund Admiral Shares" takes 8 lines! Really stupid. You think they might truncate the names?
2) Stop wasting 25% of the horizontal screen space with empty, blank areas on either side of the report.
3) Allow users to customize - provide choices for what does and does not display. So many of the columns contain info I couldn't care less about seeing 99.9% of the time. And maybe let us sort funds differently? Alphabetical (currently used) is fairly useless. As it is, bonds, equity, int'l display miscellaneously with essentially no rhyme or reason.
4) It's not a rocket science issue. It is a customer service issue. They could do so much better, and in many ways without major changes; there are simple, non-programming fixes that could go so far in the right direction. Go figure why they don't put some effort into this. I have to believe they do not have the right people/minds behind it.
5) An exhaustive list of shortcomings and possible improvement would be much longer! I could go on...

billjohnson

Post by billjohnson » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:32 pm

nydad wrote:Show more than 5 years of performance data.
+4 [can we sign a petition or something for this to be implemented]

pkcrafter

Post by pkcrafter » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:48 pm

b) Smarter layout on printed, mailed statements to cut down on the number of pages they use.
+1, no +2!
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.

JamesSFO

Post by JamesSFO » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:13 pm

BBL wrote: * Vanguard brokerage services. They require a western union telegram or morse code over the telegraph to execute orders - very cumbersome....
What specifically is the issue? I'm not going to claim VBS is 1st rate, but the above seems misleading. For simple, infrequent trading the platform seems fine.

Silence Dogood

Post by Silence Dogood » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 pm

I think that Vanguard is doing a fine job.

I like to keep my investment portfolio simple.

One fund (Target Retirement 2055) in my Roth IRA.

I rarely even log in to Vanguard's website.

ObliviousInvestor

Post by ObliviousInvestor » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 pm

A rebalancing button. That is, something that lets me rebalance at the account level by putting in the desired percentage of each fund, then clicking one button and having it do all the necessary transactions. From what I understand it's already available in Vanguard 401(k) accounts. Why not IRA accounts too? (I can see, "it's a tax mess," as an answer for why not offer it in taxable brokerage accounts.)

My longer-shot request: a "longevity insurance" product with CPI-based inflation adjustments. That is, an inflation-adjusted lifetime SPIA, wherein I choose to forgo all the payments prior to, say, age 85 in exchange for a much smaller premium.
Mike Piper, author/blogger

Boglenaut

Post by Boglenaut » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:06 pm

I could only think of one idea....
Nix "Vanguarding"!

Silence Dogood

Post by Silence Dogood » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 pm

nydad wrote:
Hi - on this, I meant personal performance numbers for more than 5 years (not for funds). But yes, having 10/20/30/40/50 year numbers for funds also would be awesome - to show the longevity and track record.

And now, an image of my own...

:) :?
I like this pie chart better:

:)

SnowSkier

Post by SnowSkier » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:27 pm

What one thing...
+1

(something like the Fidelity interface and user experience would be great, in this particular area <seamless integration of mutual funds & brokerage services>)

LazyNihilist

Post by LazyNihilist » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Passwords without limit on their length please.
The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must -Thucydides

EyeDee

Post by EyeDee » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:37 pm

SnowSkier wrote:What one thing...
+1

(something like the Fidelity interface and user experience would be great, in this particular area <seamless integration of mutual funds & brokerage services>)
I would vote for just the opposite. I have a horrible time finding things on Fidelity's site and do not wish to have to deal with a brokerage account at Vanguard in order to only hold mutual funds at Vanguard. I would like Vanguard to stop trying to match other sites as some of the times Vanguard has "updated" their site to compete with other companies they make things harder to follow.

Although I think nisiprius's other suggestion about "Smarter layout on printed, mailed statements to cut down on the number of pages they use" is very good.
Randy

Clever_Username

Post by Clever_Username » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:07 am

My big thing: some easy way to track my 401(k) that isn't through Vanguard to be able to look at everything at once. I like knowing where I am, although I don't use the information. I just like to know it. Except to do this, I have to open my 401(k) online services, copy the information from American Funds' website to Vanguard's, and do this whenever the 401(k) changes (distributions, twice-monthly paycheck contributions) for Vanguard to keep up with it. Of course, I'm glad they have the option. Anyone know if this is easier if your employer retirement plan is with Vanguard (totally out of curiosity)?

I suspect this will be easier when I enter the savings bonds I recently discovered that I had? They're on paper, which might make it tough. Some were from when I was born, others from when I had my bar mitzvah. I've done nothing with them (and I don't plan to, other than keep track of them). But if there's a way to track 'em online, that'd be cool.

Silence Dogood wrote:I like this pie chart better:

:)
+1. When I see the butterfly in the bottom-right as I scroll down, I know I'm probably about to learn something. I look forward to seeing the butterfly.
"What was true then is true now. Have a plan. Stick to it." -- XXXX, _Layer Cake_ | | I survived my first downturn and all I got was this signature line.

sport

Post by sport » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:20 am

Clever_Username wrote:I suspect this will be easier when I enter the savings bonds I recently discovered that I had? They're on paper, which might make it tough. Some were from when I was born, others from when I had my bar mitzvah. I've done nothing with them (and I don't plan to, other than keep track of them). But if there's a way to track 'em online, that'd be cool.
Savings bonds earn interest for a limited amount of time. I believe it is 30 years. When they mature, taxes are due on the interest (if you have not been paying annually) and interest stops accumulating. There is no reason to keep them once they reach this point.
Jeff

nisiprius
Advisory Board

Post by nisiprius » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:50 am

Clever_Username wrote:I suspect this will be easier when I enter the savings bonds I recently discovered that I had? They're on paper, which might make it tough. Some were from when I was born, others from when I had my bar mitzvah. I've done nothing with them (and I don't plan to, other than keep track of them). But if there's a way to track 'em online, that'd be cool.
Thanks for the compliments, by the way. But be skeptical and critical of all posts, including mine. To track savings bonds, the Treasury has a no-cost downloadable Windows program called the "Savings Bond Wizard.". They also have an online web-based savings bond calculator, which is what I use since I use a Mac. The directions on "how to save your inventory" pretty much work, although the current version of Safari is different from their illustrations; the "save as" choices are "Page Source" and "Web Archive" and I find that both work but that "save as Web Archive" works better.

Although I could have Googled for it, in fact I snagged the Savings Bond Wizard link from the Bogleheads Wiki's article on I Savings Bonds, which is well worth reading.

FillorKill

Post by FillorKill » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 am

JamesSFO wrote:
BBL wrote: * Vanguard brokerage services. They require a western union telegram or morse code over the telegraph to execute orders - very cumbersome....
What specifically is the issue? I'm not going to claim VBS is 1st rate, but the above seems misleading. For simple, infrequent trading the platform seems fine.
You're saying everything that needs to be said in your question. That's revealing.

Like you say, for very basic needs, it does the job. I can drive a nail with the heel of a cowboy boot or an iron skillet too but once you're accustomed to swinging an Estwing the boot heel seems insufficient.

If you have experience with other trading platforms you will find VBS very disappointing. Yes it is a marginally adequate platform that will get you from point A to point B but it is absolutely no more than that.

I could write a long list of improvements I think would help the cause but I can't imagine it would matter. :(

prudent

Post by prudent » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:38 am

nisiprius wrote: a) Seamless connection between Vanguard mutual fund accounts and VBS accounts.
I would prefer to have ONE account that handles everything.

nisiprius
Advisory Board

Post by nisiprius » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:54 am

prudent wrote:
nisiprius wrote: a) Seamless connection between Vanguard mutual fund accounts and VBS accounts.
I would prefer to have ONE account that handles everything.
I only care for the appearance, not the reality.

I had an account at Fidelity for many years and it looked like "one account," but if you examined the statements and such carefully, it was an assemblage of an astonishing number of different business entities flying in close formation. Some TIPS that I thought I had bought "at Fidelity" were actually bought at National Financial Services LLC on Liberty Street in New York. It would take an expert on corporate governance to figure out whether that firm is part of Fidelity, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fidelity, or an independent firm with Fidelity as a big client and a lot of co-branding and house labeling.

I am prepared to believe there a special issue with VBS related to Vanguard's unique governance structure, but I have to believe that a firm capable of seamlessly melding ETFs with mutual funds can seamlessly meld a brokerage with a mutual fund company.

nydad

Post by nydad » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:14 am

If you have experience with other trading platforms you will find VBS very disappointing. Yes it is a marginally adequate platform that will get you from point A to point B but it is absolutely no more than that.
I'm on that list. Never really used anything else, I just buy ETFs once or twice a year, not sure what I'm missing. Could someone explain (a) what are the major integration challenges between VBS/VG (e.g. what should work that doesn't today) and (b) what key features is VBS missing (again, from the point of view of someone who just executes a few trades a year - I'm sure other platforms are more suited to more frequent trading, but if I'm not doing advanced stuff, what am I missing?

trasmuss

Post by trasmuss » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:32 am

I would like to see an Admiral version of Vanguard's funds of funds (e.g. Life Strategy and/or Target Retirement. I would expect the minimum to be higher than other admiral funds. Perhaps $100k. I think it would be to Vanguard's advantage in lower trading compared to people holding individual funds to get the lower expense ratios (such as myself).

Tom

FillorKill

Post by FillorKill » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:41 am

(b) what key features is VBS missing (again, from the point of view of someone who just executes a few trades a year - I'm sure other platforms are more suited to more frequent trading, but if I'm not doing advanced stuff, what am I missing?
When you're used to a user friendly platform with Level 2 quotes, charts, customizable order configuration screens, research at the click of a mouse, etcetera VBS seems completely antiquated. I also find VBS incredibly slow and I do not trust the order routing or speed. When I'm in VBS I feel like I'm blindfolded.

When you've never used anything else and just want to hammer-out a market order every so often then you're fine, it does not matter much. IOW you don't know what you're missing. When you're accustomed to something else it seems like a giant step backward.

Better yet, don't take my word for it. As an example, check out the features, tutorials, etc here:

http://www.lightspeed.com/trading-platforms/

And when you're done, log into your VBS. Notice any differences :?:

nisiprius
Advisory Board

Post by nisiprius » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:43 am

BBL wrote:As an example, check out the features, tutorials, etc here:

OK, the last thing I did at a brokerage was to buy a TIPS at auction. Let's see how that works at Lightspeed.

I was just suckered into an interactive tour of the Lightspeed Trader default layout and there was nothing interactive about it at all. It was just an infomercial. It didn't answer my question, and I still don't know the answer.

Whoever is using that layout has more open orders on it all at once than I have placed in three years,
and I honestly can't even tell, from the presentation, whether lightspeed offers fixed income at all:

But now that I look carefully at lightspeed's home page, I just noticed something interesting.

The word "investing" does not appear on that page.

"Investing" would be an example of something I can do at VBS and not at Lightspeed.
Last edited by nisiprius on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

FillorKill

Post by FillorKill » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:47 am

nisiprius wrote:
I would no more want this at VBS than I would want this on my car dashboard.
So you're saying you noticed a difference? :D

BTW it's a lot easier to use than you think.

Random Musings

Post by Random Musings » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:50 am

I just can feel the excitement buying and/or rebalancing my index/passive ETF's on a level 2. Or buying TIPS at the market. Since I buy/sell very infrequently, it's a low priority.

I'm more concerned about product offerings, for example, more CD choices, since they are quite limited. Or services, like improving their asset allocation analysis or even not having your flagship representative change every five minutes.

RM
I figure the odds be fifty-fifty I just might have something to say. FZ

nisiprius
Advisory Board

Post by nisiprius » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:51 am

BBL wrote:So you're saying you noticed a difference? :D
Yes.
BTW it's a lot easier to use than you think.
OK, how would you buy a TIPS at auction there?

Aptenodytes

Post by Aptenodytes » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 am

BBL wrote:
(b) what key features is VBS missing (again, from the point of view of someone who just executes a few trades a year - I'm sure other platforms are more suited to more frequent trading, but if I'm not doing advanced stuff, what am I missing?
When you're used to a user friendly platform with Level 2 quotes, charts, customizable order configuration screens, research at the click of a mouse, etcetera VBS seems completely antiquated. I also find VBS incredibly slow and I do not trust the order routing or speed. When I'm in VBS I feel like I'm blindfolded.

When you've never used anything else and just want to hammer-out a market order every so often then you're fine, it does not matter much. IOW you don't know what you're missing. When you're accustomed to something else it seems like a giant step backward.

Better yet, don't take my word for it. As an example, check out the features, tutorials, etc here:

If there is a poll on these things, it should allow for both "yes" and "no" votes so that I can vote "no" on this.

Vanguard occupies a niche characterized by high-quality, low-cost services favored by buy/hold/rebalance investors. Sure, the brokerage interface is a bit kludgy. But it should be -- the Vanguard community cares a lot about costs, and keeping costs low means some interfaces will be kludgy.

If you are a frequent trader Vanguard should be willing to lose you to a competitor, and if instead Vanguard developed slick services to retain you, I would be dismayed.

learning_head

Post by learning_head » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 am

Fix the password security hole - provide ability to specify long passwords that actually distinguish between upper and lower case (and numbers).

FillorKill

Post by FillorKill » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:01 am

nisiprius wrote:OK, how would you buy a TIPS at auction there?
Number of individual TIPS I've purchased at auction in my entire lifetime for my account or others: Zero.

Number of individual bonds I've purchased at auction in my entire lifetime for my account or others: Zero.

I might not be the guy you want advice from [on any platform] regarding individual bond auction purchases. :D

I might better ask you as I don't even completely understand the auction process much less how to execute it [never had a reason to know].

FillorKill

Post by FillorKill » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:08 am

Please everyone - forget I mentioned that I don't like trading on VBS. This thread was about what you would ask VG for. I mentioned 2 funds that I wish they offered and I noted that I really do not like VBS. I think some improvements would go a long way. My opinion. No it does not need to be similar to lightspeed or any other pro level platform. That's just an example of what does exist and what features are available. I was not trying to say that is what VBS should aspire to be. Someone asked 'what am I missing' so I showed that based on my personal experience. You are fully free to like VBS just the way it is. I did not want to thread-jack or derail. Sorry about that. My feelings about VBS have been fully expressed :!: