Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
- Posts: 989
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:39 pm
- Location: Northern VA
Great interview with Jack Brennan.
Well, you see a whole another segment of the market, it's been created through places like Vanguard, Fidelity, Charles Schwab, and few others that, had in many ways been traditional, do-it-yourself places and now offer a large and robust financial-advice programs at 25 to 30 basis points.
From Jack Brennan's "Straight Talk on Investing", page 23 "Living below your means is the ultimate financial strategy"
- Posts: 627
- Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:52 am
Good interview on "The Long View". Thanks for sharing
"Anyone who claims to understand quantum theory is either lying or crazy" -- Richard Feynman
- Posts: 198
- Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:12 pm
This was great. Thank you for posting. A couple comments that caught my ear.
1. Mr. Brennan likes low cost, low turnover, actively managed funds. According to him, these funds, in moderation, can give your portfolio a unique tilt.
2. He sees private equity playing a larger role in the portfolios of the average investor. He then said, however, that from the data he’s seen, most private equity returns can’t beat buy-and-hold indexing.
Any other take-aways from anyone?
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:57 pm
- Location: Northeastern US
“Set high expectations” ?
Then why does nobody answer the phones nor fix Portfolio Watch ?
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:13 pm
- Location: Melbourne
Brennen's not in charge anymore.