We are pleased to announce Registration for the thirteenth annual Boglehead Contest.
2012 Boglehead Contest
Last January, we had 396 Bogleheads forecast where the S&P 500 Index would be at the end of 2012. Their guesses ranged from 12579 to 600. The Index closed at 1426.19 for a gain of 12.4% (16% if dividends were included). The average Boglehead guess was 1384. Fourteen of Wall Street "experts" did worse with their average forecast of 1368. Anyone in the top half of Boglehead guesses should be smiling.
http://www.lostsprings.com/diehards/con ... index.html
Boglehead, Tainted-Meat, won our 2012 Boglehead Contest with an almost perfect guess of 1426.31. He wrote:
I'm 26 and started investing in the company 401k after I graduated from college four years ago. I found this site about a year and a half ago after a few promotions allowed me to have more income to invest and wanted to become more educated. This is hands-down the best site on the web.
Tainted-Meat will receive the latest edition of The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing. He will also receive his choice of an autographed copy of any of Jack Bogle's books. The 2013 winner will receive the same prizes.
Rules for the 2013 Boglehead Contest:
* Forecast the closing price of the S&P 500 Index on December 31, 2013.
* Only one guess (no percentages).
* Registration ends 12:00 am midnight ET January 10, 2013.
* In the event of ties, the first forecast wins.
* The winner must PM Taylor by January 10, 2014 to confirm your username and mailing address.
* Post your forecast below.
HAPPY NEW YEAR and GOOD LUCK!
Taylor and Ralph Arvesen (programmer)