WELCOME NEW MEMBERS

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
pkcrafter

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS

Post by pkcrafter »

For those who are new to the forum, be sure to read the new sticky posts by Laura which can be found at the top of the post column. These two posts, Investment Planningand Asking Portfolio Questions will give you a great start with posting questions you might have.

Paul
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.
InvestingMom

Thanks for the info

Post by InvestingMom »

Thanks for highlighing this. I am not sure if I would have noticed her stickys without your post.

And the stickies are extremely helpful!

BTW...who is Laura? A moderator? I have wondered about her since she responds to so many of the posts and her advice is so good.
Topic Author
pkcrafter

Laura's posts

Post by pkcrafter »

I agree, the sticky posts are a great addition to the Bogleheads forum.

Laura is not a moderator, but she is a dyed-in-the-wool Diehard and Boglehead. I guess you could call her an investor advocate par excellence. She was crowned "Queen of the Diehards" at the last Diehards reunion. She started helping new posters on the M* Vanguard Diehards forum and now continues her helpful guidance right here.

Paul
When times are good, investors tend to forget about risk and focus on opportunity. When times are bad, investors tend to forget about opportunity and focus on risk.
Mel Lindauer

Re: Thanks for the info

Post by Mel Lindauer »

InvestingMom wrote:Thanks for highlighing this. I am not sure if I would have noticed her stickys without your post.

And the stickies are extremely helpful!

BTW...who is Laura? A moderator? I have wondered about her since she responds to so many of the posts and her advice is so good.
Hi IM:

Laura is one of the members of this forum's Advisory Panel. As you've noticed, she's certainly one of this forum's best posters. She's especially helpful to new investors, since she has the patience of Job. And, as has been noted, Taylor and I officially anointed her "Queen of the Bogleheads" at Diehards VI in DC this past June.

She's an all-around super asset to this forum and to the Bogleheads. We hope she'll be around forever!

Regards,

Mel
sddiehard

Laura's post

Post by sddiehard »

Noticed Laura's posts a few days ago and wanted to see if anyone had responded before I made a new reply. The information in Laura's posts is a wonderful start for people new to the forum, not to mention a refresher to the rest of us. Thank you Laura!

Is there a way that these posts (#6211 & #6212) can be easily referenced in the future?

Paul, thanks for making this post.

Take care,

Paul G.
CyberBob

Re: Laura's post

Post by CyberBob »

sddiehard wrote:Is there a way that these posts (#6211 & #6212) can be easily referenced in the future?
See the "Remembering" posts or topics section of this forum sticky.

Bob
Mel Lindauer

Re: Laura's post

Post by Mel Lindauer »

sddiehard wrote:Is there a way that these posts (#6211 & #6212) can be easily referenced in the future?
Paul G.
Hi Paul:

Laura's posts are "Stickys", so they'll stay right where they are; they won't drift off the bottom of the page.

Best regards,

Mel
sddiehard

got it

Post by sddiehard »

CyberBob and Mel,

Never understood "sticky" before. I always go to topics directly from Diehards.org and was missing the set up on the Bogleheads Forum. Now I understand this, how to get Laura's posts again, and a "locked" post.

Thanks for you help.

Paul G.