Single ETF for International X-China

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
sunrider6

Single ETF for International X-China

Post by sunrider6 »

Hopefully an easy question. Is there a single ETF that does total international (or potentially total world) but X-China/Hong Kong?

I'm basically looking for what the TSP-I fund is going to become by the end of the year and trying to see if I can further simplify my portfolio by consolidating and dropping one or two different funds.

For international I currently hold TSP I, but because I don't have enough space in TSP for all my bonds and International, I end up with some overflow and hold IDEV/EMXC and VEA/XCEM in more or less 75/25 ratios (two sets of funds for taxable and tax advantaged to avoid possible wash sales, I haven't need to do TLH yet to know what other pair in taxable would be).

I'm tracking several prior posts discussing the merits of excluding China, this focused on implementation.

Thanks.
assetmix

Re: Single ETF for International X-China

Post by assetmix »

I'm not aware of any one ETF that would fit the criteria, although given the apparent demand to exclude China, I can see a sponsor coming out with one in the next year or so.

The simplest approach would be to combine an emerging markets ex China ETF with a World developed market ETF.