Avantis Funds at Merrill Edge

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
LeoB

Avantis Funds at Merrill Edge

Post by LeoB »

I am considering moving some holdings to Bank of America / Merrill Edge to qualify for their preferred rewards program.

I currently have a self-directed Merrill Edge account with just a couple hundred in the default sweep fund. I would like to transfer Avantis ETFs such as AVUV, AVDV, and AVES to this account. In the past, I saw that trading these funds was blocked at Merrill. However, I just tried to enter a few limit orders, and it appears that AVUV and AVDV are allowed. AVES looks like it is still restricted.

Does anyone know if Merrill Edge currently allows its customers to hold and/or trade these Avantis funds? Thanks in advance for the information!
whodidntante

Re: Avantis Funds at Merrill Edge

Post by whodidntante »

You can transfer them in, and hold them forever, but they will not allow trading these funds. I have made fun of them several times and will continue to do so relentlessly until this is changed.
Topic Author
LeoB

Post by LeoB »

whodidntante wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:39 pm You can transfer them in, and hold them forever, but they will not allow trading these funds. I have made fun of them several times and will continue to do so relentlessly until this is changed.
Do you know if Merrill allows automatic dividend reinvestment for these funds? Or is that technically trading and disallowed?
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

LeoB wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:41 pm
whodidntante wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:39 pm You can transfer them in, and hold them forever, but they will not allow trading these funds. I have made fun of them several times and will continue to do so relentlessly until this is changed.
Do you know if Merrill allows automatic dividend reinvestment for these funds? Or is that technically trading and disallowed?
I don't know. My guess is no but it's only a guess.