Is there anywhere other than quarterly statements that show TIAA traditional interest payouts?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Morik

Is there anywhere other than quarterly statements that show TIAA traditional interest payouts?

Post by Morik »

I don't see them under account activity... is there anywhere on the TIAA site where I can see the date & amount paid out for TIAA traditional interest credited to my account?
aristotelian

Re: Is there anywhere other than quarterly statements that show TIAA traditional interest payouts?

Post by aristotelian »

Morik wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:39 am I don't see them under account activity... is there anywhere on the TIAA site where I can see the date & amount paid out for TIAA traditional interest credited to my account?
Not that I know of. I believe it accrues daily so they're not going to list every single micro transaction. My monthly statement has a line for quarterly/YTD TIAA interest. I would assume the daily amount is about 1/91 of the amount you see there.
Topic Author
Morik

Re: Is there anywhere other than quarterly statements that show TIAA traditional interest payouts?

Post by Morik »

aristotelian wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:42 am
Morik wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:39 am I don't see them under account activity... is there anywhere on the TIAA site where I can see the date & amount paid out for TIAA traditional interest credited to my account?
Not that I know of. I believe it accrues daily so they're not going to list every single micro transaction. My monthly statement has a line for quarterly/YTD TIAA interest. I would assume the daily amount is about 1/91 of the amount you see there.
Ah that makes sense, thanks.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

One can login to their TIAA account daily and see the dollar value of their TIAA holdings. The TIAA traditional interest payout since the last time you looked is the difference between the amount you see now and tha amount you saw then. At least my TIAA interest is not compounded. For instance, if I had $100,000.00 at the end of day December 31, 2021, made no contributions, and the crediting rate was 4%, then I will have $104,000.00 at the end of the day December 31, 2022.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
MJS

Post by MJS »

Sorta: the Daily Summary shows yesterday's TIAA Traditional increase. I tracked it for three months when approaching a significant milestone. The daily amount varied by about 3% from day-to-day.
https://shared.tiaa.org/private/partacc ... intsummary
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Bacon F. Meditationes Sacrae.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

MJS wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:39 pm
Sorta: the Daily Summary shows yesterday's TIAA Traditional increase. I tracked it for three months when approaching a significant milestone. The daily amount varied by about 3% from day-to-day.
https://shared.tiaa.org/private/partacc ... intsummary

It looks like that view aggregates all Trad Ann holdings, such as if one has the illiquid and a liquid in their 403b, and then perhaps also some Trad Ann in their TIRA.

But if you go to the "Investments" (from the "My Accounts" on the main page), each "account" shows up separately, with the individual holdings in each. The only reason this might matter is that there can be different interest rates for the different flavors of Trad Ann.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
crefwatch

Post by crefwatch »

Morik, are you concerned about whether you are getting what was promised to you? It's not the same answer, but I trust that you have looked at the link in your online account that shows all of your current TIAA Traditional vintages and the (promised) income from each of them.

Some customers \don't understand that TIAA Traditional is not a fractional-ownership product like an open-end mutual fund. So it's not regulated or reported like a mutual fund. It's a contract you have where TIAA promises to do certain things. It's been like that since 1918. It's primarily regulated by the New York State government division that regulates insurance companies.