Allocated Loss Adjustment - What is this referring to?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
403b-Educator

Allocated Loss Adjustment - What is this referring to?

Post by 403b-Educator »

Hello, first time posting.

Since around June of 2021, my Vanguard 403b, which is managed (unfortunately) by the Newport Group is showing a transaction called "Allocated Loss Adjustment." On both occasions, this has occurred the day after a dividend (distribution). And on both occasions, it was always a deduction. :x

Any idea what this means or is referring to? I thought that was more of a insurance term, rather than mutual fund.

tnx
lazynovice

Re: Allocated Loss Adjustment - What is this referring to?

Post by lazynovice »

Is it in a certain asset type?
pizzy

Post by pizzy »

403b-Educator wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:59 pm Hello, first time posting.

Since around June of 2021, my Vanguard 403b, which is managed (unfortunately) by the Newport Group is showing a transaction called "Allocated Loss Adjustment." On both occasions, this has occurred the day after a dividend (distribution). And on both occasions, it was always a deduction. :x

Any idea what this means or is referring to? I thought that was more of a insurance term, rather than mutual fund.

tnx
What fund is receiving the dividend?
Late 30's | 90% VT | 10% Cash
Topic Author
403b-Educator

Post by 403b-Educator »

The fund receiving the transaction of "Allocated Loss Adjustment" is The " Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund A "

It is listed as U.S. Stock, under asset class.
Synicasm

Post by Synicasm »

Just to add to the conversations Mine is showing this as well VTSAX as well.
HueyLD

Post by HueyLD »

403b-Educator wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:59 pm Hello, first time posting.

tnx
“ Our fees are clear and straightforward. While some 403(b) providers may charge many types of fees—fees you may not even realize you're being charged—Vanguard has just 2:

A monthly recordkeeping fee of $5 per plan participant ($60 annually).
The investment expense (expense ratio) for each fund you choose for your account.

Plan sponsors have 2 options for paying the recordkeeping fee: as a direct plan sponsor expense, or through automated deductions from participant accounts. If applicable, a plan using a third-party administrator (TPA) may charge a TPA fee, which the plan sponsor can deduct from participant accounts.”

https://investor.vanguard.com/accounts- ... s/low-cost