Error in Treasury Direct

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
arengarajsug88

Error in Treasury Direct

Post by arengarajsug88 »

Hi,

First time using Treasury Direct and trying to purchase I bonds as an individual. Registered on the site, and provided my SSN as Tax payer identification #, but got an email that they need to verify more information and a hold has been placed on my account. The site itself is so retro and outdated, and on top of it, there is issues with even purchasing bonds. How do other people purchase bonds from this site so easily?

Now, I'll have to fill a form, and manually fax to them and wait for a response in 15 days which is ridiculous. Anyone had a similar scenario or any ways to resolve this?

Below is the email I received from Treasury Direct:

TREASURY.DIRECT@fiscal.treasury.gov
8:13 AM (3 minutes ago)
to me

Dear Account Holder,

Thanks again for opening a TreasuryDirect account. We are having difficulty verifying the information you provided when opening your account. We are not provided with any information related to issues with the account verification. The online application process is automated and the TreasuryDirect system attempts to verify information the customer provides with commercially available services. Only a Pass/Fail notification is returned to the TreasuryDirect system. The verification process does not involve your banking information or data from your credit report/rating. We cannot answer questions via phone calls or emails related to this topic.

For your protection and to help resolve any access issues with your account, please complete the account authorization form https://www.treasurydirect.gov/pdf/rs/acctauth.pdf and mail it to Treasury Retail Securities Site, P.O. Box 7015, Minneapolis, MN 55480-7015.

A hold has been placed on your account that will prevent you from accessing your account. After we receive and approve the account authorization form, the hold on your account will be removed. The average approval takes 10-15 days but may be longer based on the volume of forms we receive. You will be notified by email when your account is authorized and ready to access. When you log into your account, check the Investor InBox section of your TreasuryDirect account for an important message.

To ensure continued delivery of TreasuryDirect related information to your inbox, please add the "From" address Treasury.Direct@fiscal.treasury.gov to your address book.
HomeStretch

Re: Error in Treasury Direct

Post by HomeStretch »

Yes, there are several recent threads about TD requiring paperwork to verify one’s identity and complete a TD account opening. Search the forum for “Treasury Direct” threads.

You’ll need to follow TD’s instructions to complete opening the account or forego buying I-Bonds. If you have a credit freeze in place, check the threads to see if you need to unfreeze.

Edit - here’s one such post:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=356280
Last edited by HomeStretch on Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fortune

Post by Fortune »

Curious to know if this has anything related to tax status: withholding or credit freeze.
I opened a new account on 12/25 without any issues and was able to schedule a transaction.
mary1492

Post by mary1492 »

It is very typical for sites to use third party verification. This is not Treasury Direct giving you a hassle, it's the third party company they use for verification. My guess is that there has been a spike in issues like this because so many more folks have been racing to open new accounts with the rise in I Bond yield.

I had no difficulty opening multiple accounts earlier this year and then just before November 1. I've also had no difficulty making purchases, setting up recurring purchase schedules, modifying those purchase schedules, or anything else on the site.

Saying "The site itself is so retro and outdated, and on top of it, there is issues with even purchasing bonds." is entirely subjective. In my view, the site is "utilitarian" - it provides the mechanism to do what you need to do and it does it well.
mary1492

Post by mary1492 »

Fortune wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:41 am Curious to know if this has anything related to tax status: withholding or credit freeze.
I opened a new account on 12/25 without any issues and was able to schedule a transaction.
Has nothing to do with credit freeze. My credit reports are locked with every bureau, including some of the lesser-known ones. I had no issues whatsoever.
dbr

Post by dbr »

Did you give the wrong answer to once owning a white Ford 150 truck?

Yes, their system cannot identify that you are who you say you are so you need to do more. It just comes with the territory. Some folks simply choose to avoid the whole thing. We gave it up when they started sending out the plastic "secret decoder ring" cards. I could never figure out why the one that came in the Sugar Frosted Flakes box didn't work.

But seriously, you are just going to have to be patient and do the work. I'm not sure what is at Treasury Direct that is so necessary to bother, but that is up to you.
JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

As the letter stated, "The verification process does not involve your banking information or data from your credit report/rating" , so don't think it has anything to do with whether or not your credit is frozen. A lot of people recently have been required to fill out the form to open the account initially for identity verification. People have had to fill out forms, and get a sometimes painfully hard to get signature guarantee stamp, to change their banking information.

I haven't had any issues using the website. The login/password page is a little annoying, but everything else seems to be located in a reasonably organized menu. it's not designed for use by phone/tablet, personally I find sites that are, or require an "app" annoying, but the site is quite functional, and it's not something I need to access often.
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
Topic Author
arengarajsug88

Post by arengarajsug88 »

mary1492 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:50 am It is very typical for sites to use third party verification. This is not Treasury Direct giving you a hassle, it's the third party company they use for verification. My guess is that there has been a spike in issues like this because so many more folks have been racing to open new accounts with the rise in I Bond yield.

I had no difficulty opening multiple accounts earlier this year and then just before November 1. I've also had no difficulty making purchases, setting up recurring purchase schedules, modifying those purchase schedules, or anything else on the site.

Saying "The site itself is so retro and outdated, and on top of it, there is issues with even purchasing bonds." is entirely subjective. In my view, the site is "utilitarian" - it provides the mechanism to do what you need to do and it does it well.
Well, it is subjective and it is my opinion. I find the site to be outdated and not user friendly. TD is partnering with the third party, and asking them to verify these things with customers, so it is TD that is giving the hassle.
Topic Author
arengarajsug88

Post by arengarajsug88 »

JoMoney wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:08 am As the letter stated, "The verification process does not involve your banking information or data from your credit report/rating" , so don't think it has anything to do with whether or not your credit is frozen. A lot of people recently have been required to fill out the form to open the account initially for identity verification. People have had to fill out forms, and get a sometimes painfully hard to get signature guarantee stamp, to change their banking information.

I haven't had any issues using the website. The login/password page is a little annoying, but everything else seems to be located in a reasonably organized menu. it's not designed for use by phone/tablet, personally I find sites that are, or require an "app" annoying, but the site is quite functional, and it's not something I need to access often.
I don’t own a business nor a high income earner. TD had a problem with a tax identification number. I gave my ssn as tax identification number. Is that correct? Does one give ssn in place of tax id number if they are an individual? (Not owning any business)?
Topic Author
arengarajsug88

Post by arengarajsug88 »

dbr wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:57 am Did you give the wrong answer to once owning a white Ford 150 truck?

Yes, their system cannot identify that you are who you say you are so you need to do more. It just comes with the territory. Some folks simply choose to avoid the whole thing. We gave it up when they started sending out the plastic "secret decoder ring" cards. I could never figure out why the one that came in the Sugar Frosted Flakes box didn't work.

But seriously, you are just going to have to be patient and do the work. I'm not sure what is at Treasury Direct that is so necessary to bother, but that is up to you.
No mate, far from it! I own a old Honda Civic. Not any truck.
Topic Author
arengarajsug88

Post by arengarajsug88 »

Fortune wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:41 am Curious to know if this has anything related to tax status: withholding or credit freeze.
No freeze whatsoever!
z3r0c00l

Post by z3r0c00l »

Let's also consider the possibility that they are swamped with last-minute attempts to open an account and buy Ibonds for the first time so after you mail in the form it could take a few weeks. Lots of people waiting until the last week of December to make a new account might be disappointed and unable to buy this years bond allotment.
70% Global Stocks / 25% Bonds / 5% cash
Allan

Post by Allan »

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I've bought iBonds before but it was 20 years ago! Looks like this will prevent me from buying for 2021.
dbr

Post by dbr »

arengarajsug88 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:53 am
dbr wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:57 am Did you give the wrong answer to once owning a white Ford 150 truck?

I'm just wondering if they put you through the drill of answering odd ball questions to verify personal identity. I assume that is what they are referring to when they say this "The verification process does not involve your banking information or data from your credit report/rating" When I have gotten those things in different cases the questions are things like did you ever live at any of the following addresses, or ever own such and such a vehicle. The answer can be that the list includes something that applies to you or that none of them apply to you and you have to pick "none." The idea is that a person trying to use your ID would fail those questions. Of course you could fail them as well. I would assume other problems could include using inconsistent names for yourself in different places and things like that.
JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

arengarajsug88 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:51 am
JoMoney wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:08 am As the letter stated, "The verification process does not involve your banking information or data from your credit report/rating" , so don't think it has anything to do with whether or not your credit is frozen. A lot of people recently have been required to fill out the form to open the account initially for identity verification. People have had to fill out forms, and get a sometimes painfully hard to get signature guarantee stamp, to change their banking information.

I don’t own a business nor a high income earner. TD had a problem with a tax identification number. I gave my ssn as tax identification number. Is that correct? Does one give ssn in place of tax id number if they are an individual? (Not owning any business)?
As an individual your SSN is your Tax ID number.
They likely asked you for your drivers license or state ID as well.
I suspect they're not using just your SSN for ID purposes (I don't believe they're even allowed to use it for ID purposes.)
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
dbr

Post by dbr »

JoMoney wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:06 pm
arengarajsug88 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:51 am

As an individual your SSN is your Tax ID number.
They likely asked you for your drivers license or state ID as well.
I suspect they're not using just your SSN for ID purposes (I don't believe they're even allowed to use it for ID purposes.)
Right. The SSN is your Tax ID number. The problem would be that other information they asked for is not consistent in some way, such as a different name or birthdate on your drivers license from that at SS. What is the list of data you were asked to enter?
Nate79

Post by Nate79 »

Wait until you need to change your linked checking account some day. That's right, now more paperwork that includes needing to get some type of signature guarantee (not even a notary works).

Choose that first linked checking account wisely!
DonFifer

Post by DonFifer »

A person's income tax status also has nothing to do with the problem. I opened my TD account in Nov. 2021 and I have an ongoing fight with the IRS over last years taxes.
mighty72

Post by mighty72 »

I believe it is a security check to ensure you are saying who you are. My account was created without a hitch. My spouse's requires paperwork. We have had issues with credit checks for her in the past. Credit report looks fine to us when we checked
Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

If they use Lexis Nexis to do identity verification, good luck. They've asked me if I had a mortgage on a property in 1963, when I was 6. I know my dad did and know I have to answer yes, even though I have a very unusual name. They also need me to confirm my American Express card from 1960. It's quite fun to think AMEX will give a 3 year old a card. That verification system has to be run by a bunch of morons.

I buy savings bonds now only one way. Paper bonds in the amount of $5k annually through federal tax refund. I have to say that a couple decades ago, TD made things much, much easier. Back then, I'd buy $120k in paper bonds for myself and the rest of my family with a credit card. Never an issue then.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL »

FWIW, I opened up a TD account today. No issues and I have my credit frozen. The website is "clunky" but worked; took about 20 minutes (had to research funding etc.).

Hopefully the funding will go well in the next couple of days. YMMV.
notmyhand

Post by notmyhand »

DH had to go get a medallion signature, my account didn't require anything extra and was set up same day. Who knows why.
carminered2019

Post by carminered2019 »

call them to resolve it over the phone. I opened 2 accounts couple weeks ago and also were locked out for both accounts but resolved it over the phone.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

carminered2019 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:51 pm call them to resolve it over the phone. I opened 2 accounts couple weeks ago and also were locked out for both accounts but resolved it over the phone.
I wonder if people are mailing a form when they can really unlock over the phone.
Topic Author
arengarajsug88

Post by arengarajsug88 »

@ Thanks everyone for your suggestions, what is the phone number to get it resolved?

On a side note, my wife was able to open her first time account with TD and purchase the I-bonds without any issue! No clue how!
BrokerageZelda

Post by BrokerageZelda »

arengarajsug88 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:06 pm @ Thanks everyone for your suggestions, what is the phone number to get it resolved?

On a side note, my wife was able to open her first time account with TD and purchase the I-bonds without any issue! No clue how!
TreasuryDirect's contact info page, including phone number and email:
https://www.treasurydirect.gov/email.htm
beyou

Post by beyou »

arengarajsug88 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:06 pm @ Thanks everyone for your suggestions, what is the phone number to get it resolved?

Your copy of the emailed response specifically said they would have no further info as to the cause if you call them. Not sure how they can rectify if they don’t know the root cause, do let us know if they can resolve on your call.

I have an older account, and I put TD in same category as Vanguard, a good value if you are willing to put up with mediocre site, service and processes. Functional but not optimal nor even competitive in service level. In some ways better than Vanguard, in some ways worse, but neither has stellar service. But I am cheap and put up with both of them, which requires much patience.
dbr

Post by dbr »

The email says that the resolution is to send in the form and not that the resolution is to call.
nominalBob

Post by nominalBob »

arengarajsug88 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:06 pm ...
Have your wife purchase as a gift for you. She will be able to deliver it from her gift box to your account after your account issues are resolved.
GetSmarter

Post by GetSmarter »

arengarajsug88 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:22 am Hi,

First time using Treasury Direct and trying to purchase I bonds as an individual. Registered on the site, and provided my SSN as Tax payer identification #, but got an email that they need to verify more information and a hold has been placed on my account. The site itself is so retro and outdated, and on top of it, there is issues with even purchasing bonds. How do other people purchase bonds from this site so easily?

Now, I'll have to fill a form, and manually fax to them and wait for a response in 15 days which is ridiculous. Anyone had a similar scenario or any ways to resolve this?

Below is the email I received from Treasury Direct:

TREASURY.DIRECT@fiscal.treasury.gov
8:13 AM (3 minutes ago)
to me

Dear Account Holder,

Thanks again for opening a TreasuryDirect account. We are having difficulty verifying the information you provided when opening your account. We are not provided with any information related to issues with the account verification. The online application process is automated and the TreasuryDirect system attempts to verify information the customer provides with commercially available services. Only a Pass/Fail notification is returned to the TreasuryDirect system. The verification process does not involve your banking information or data from your credit report/rating. We cannot answer questions via phone calls or emails related to this topic.

For your protection and to help resolve any access issues with your account, please complete the account authorization form https://www.treasurydirect.gov/pdf/rs/acctauth.pdf and mail it to Treasury Retail Securities Site, P.O. Box 7015, Minneapolis, MN 55480-7015.

A hold has been placed on your account that will prevent you from accessing your account. After we receive and approve the account authorization form, the hold on your account will be removed. The average approval takes 10-15 days but may be longer based on the volume of forms we receive. You will be notified by email when your account is authorized and ready to access. When you log into your account, check the Investor InBox section of your TreasuryDirect account for an important message.

To ensure continued delivery of TreasuryDirect related information to your inbox, please add the "From" address Treasury.Direct@fiscal.treasury.gov to your address book.
Same thing happened to me. I got authorized and it eventually went through with an opened account but took quite awhile. Can't remember exactly how long.
“The more simple we are, the more complete we become.” August Rodin | | “The less I needed, the better I felt.” Charles Bukowski
Topic Author
arengarajsug88

Post by arengarajsug88 »

dbr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:25 pm The email says that the resolution is to send in the form and not that the resolution is to call.
Thank you for helping me read! :sharebeer
Chicken lady

Post by Chicken lady »

The TD website is just antiquated. They don't seem to be in a hurry to change.

Since my last purchase on line my bank was acquired by another so none of the original banking information was correct. This update cannot be accomplished on line. The process struck me as ridiculously clumsy and S - L - O - W.

1. Print out form on TD site for bank change
2. Get signature medallion at your bank (which was dependent upon the total value of bonds held. For us it was electronic and a substantial total of recently inherited paper bonds - which TD provides no real information about that total)
3. Send and wait - our process began in mid November and took approximately 3 weeks from their receipt of our documents to completion.

Cumbersome to say the least.
criticalmass

Post by criticalmass »

Chicken lady wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:29 am The TD website is just antiquated. They don't seem to be in a hurry to change.

Since my last purchase on line my bank was acquired by another so none of the original banking information was correct. This update cannot be accomplished on line. The process struck me as ridiculously clumsy and S - L - O - W.

2. Get signature medallion at your bank (which was dependent upon the total value of bonds held. For us it was electronic and a substantial total of recently inherited paper bonds - which TD provides no real information about that total)
3. Send and wait - our process began in mid November and took approximately 3 weeks from their receipt of our documents to completion.

A medallion signature is acceptable but not required for a bank change. An official seal is good enough. I executed this form earlier this year. The instructions on the form have more information. See:
Treasury Direct wrote: Acceptable seals and stamps:
• The financial institution’s official seal or stamp, including: Signature Guaranteed seal or stamp; Endorsement Guaranteed seal or stamp; Corporate seal or stamp (a corporate resolution isn’t required); or Issuing or paying agent seal or stamp (including name, location, and four-digit identification number or nine-digit routing number).
• The seal or stamp of Treasury-recognized Signature Guarantee Programs or other Treasury-approved Medallion Programs.
Topic Author
arengarajsug88

Post by arengarajsug88 »

Chicken lady wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:29 am The TD website is just antiquated. They don't seem to be in a hurry to change.

Exactly my view, TD is outdated and cumbersome! thank you, there's at least one BH echoing my sentiments ;)

Long story short, DW purchased I-bonds from TD, and I'm going to save my time and energy on the fax/medallion signature, etc. TD lost a customer in me, and life's too short for me to chase them to accept me as a customer.
Hebell

Post by Hebell »

Looks like with the demand in I-bonds, TreasuryDirect is going to - finally - updating its website.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/11/your ... ation.html
tetractys

Post by tetractys »

I’m glad TD is verifying applicants. I’ve always found TD’s low bandwidth website very simple to navigate.

I wish TD would support tax deferred accounts.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Strange. I created an account for my spouse and one for me. My wife's went through immediately. My own required verification. I could not determine why one worked and the other didn't. Our financial information is very similar.

In any case, I got to learn how my credit union handles medallions.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

dbr wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:03 pm
arengarajsug88 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:53 am

I'm just wondering if they put you through the drill of answering odd ball questions to verify personal identity. I assume that is what they are referring to when they say this "The verification process does not involve your banking information or data from your credit report/rating" When I have gotten those things in different cases the questions are things like did you ever live at any of the following addresses, or ever own such and such a vehicle. The answer can be that the list includes something that applies to you or that none of them apply to you and you have to pick "none." The idea is that a person trying to use your ID would fail those questions. Of course you could fail them as well. I would assume other problems could include using inconsistent names for yourself in different places and things like that.
I once failed the “prove you are who you say you are.” Many many years ago, someone made a fraudulent purchase on my credit card. I reported it to CC and filed a police report in town Ixnay, NJ, where the fraud occurred. I had never set foot in Ixnay until then and tried to wipe it off my credit report but gave up after, well, . . . you know credit agencies. Anyway, I was asked whether something applied to me in a list that included “123 Hopeless Meadows, Ixnay NJ.” I said “None of the above,” WRONG!! So, apparently for evermore, I have to remember Ixnay, NJ.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
Marylander1

Post by Marylander1 »

wolf359 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:52 pm Strange. I created an account for my spouse and one for me. My wife's went through immediately. My own required verification. I could not determine why one worked and the other didn't. Our financial information is very similar.

Based on the experience of someone I know, my impression is that one potential error is that critical identification fields on the TD account must match equivalent fields on the associated bank account. If one is in the name "Larry" and the other "Lawrence", you could fail the automatic link and have to do the paperwork.
dbr

Post by dbr »

Marylander1 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:21 pm
wolf359 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:52 pm Strange. I created an account for my spouse and one for me. My wife's went through immediately. My own required verification. I could not determine why one worked and the other didn't. Our financial information is very similar.

Based on the experience of someone I know, my impression is that one potential error is that critical identification fields on the TD account must match equivalent fields on the associated bank account. If one is in the name "Larry" and the other "Lawrence", you could fail the automatic link and have to do the paperwork.
Yes, and there are many examples where people named Lawrence better not write in Larry on a form and people who go by J. Robert had better not write in Robert instead of John for J. It is bad enough a middle name being present or absent or there being two middle names or a compound last name or having the infamous middle name "NMI" for "no middle initial."
dogagility

Post by dogagility »

arengarajsug88 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:22 am Anyone had a similar scenario...
Nope. The site is quirky, but I've had no issues whatsoever. I wouldn't let this event discourage you from purchasing bonds through TD.
The more flexibility you have the less you need to know what happens next. -- Morgan Housel. A penny saved in a storage headache. -- Conor Friedersdorf
Makefile

Post by Makefile »

Hebell wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:37 pm Looks like with the demand in I-bonds, TreasuryDirect is going to - finally - updating its website.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/11/your ... ation.html
One thing that I found amusing about the recent controversy over IRS accounts and facial recognition, is that it would actually make much more sense to repurpose that (now that it's been called off) for TreasuryDirect as an alternative for all the signature guarantees.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Marylander1 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:21 pm

We're literally using the same joint accounts, but the TD Direct accounts are not joint. The names on the joint account will not match to the TD Account name. This was okay for her, but not for me.

I suspect that although I had the account in my name for 10 years before we converted it to joint, that it is somehow identified as "hers." No matter, we really want the account.
Navillus

Post by Navillus »

I recently set up an account and purchased my 10K - super easy! I then opened an account for my wife. Since she doesn't do finances, I used my email address. Her account got flagged and we are going through the verification process. I've used my email address in place of hers for a few other things with no problem (i.e. her Vanguard IRA) but in this instance, I believe it tripped some kind of fraud detection. Big mistake on my part. I mention this, in case, it can save anyone else the hassle.
life in slices

Post by life in slices »

Navillus wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:49 am I recently set up an account and purchased my 10K - super easy! I then opened an account for my wife. Since she doesn't do finances, I used my email address. Her account got flagged and we are going through the verification process. I've used my email address in place of hers for a few other things with no problem (i.e. her Vanguard IRA) but in this instance, I believe it tripped some kind of fraud detection. Big mistake on my part. I mention this, in case, it can save anyone else the hassle.
I used my email for both my account and my SO’s - no issue on our end with opening both accounts (didn’t get flagged)
Navillus

Post by Navillus »

life in slices wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:57 am
Navillus wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:49 am I recently set up an account and purchased my 10K - super easy! I then opened an account for my wife. Since she doesn't do finances, I used my email address. Her account got flagged and we are going through the verification process. I've used my email address in place of hers for a few other things with no problem (i.e. her Vanguard IRA) but in this instance, I believe it tripped some kind of fraud detection. Big mistake on my part. I mention this, in case, it can save anyone else the hassle.
I used my email for both my account and my SO’s - no issue on our end with opening both accounts (didn’t get flagged)
Thanks. I guess the reason for flagging is one of life's many mysteries.
Outafter20

Post by Outafter20 »

Got the same exact email when my daughter tried opening up her own TD account when she turned 18 two weeks ago. Her savings bonds were linked to my account until she turned 18. Now that she is 18 she needs to "delink" her account and open her own account. We filled out the form with a medallion signature and mailed it on 3/7. As of today she still cannot access her account.

Typical US Government nonsense.
Northern Flicker

Post by Northern Flicker »

The time spent on this thread instead could have been spent getting them what they are asking for. Most organizations struggle with security engineering. Some put in security features that actually reduce security. Some just take a heavy handed approach that reduces usability, possibly but not always improving security at the same time. You just need to provide what they asked for.
My postings are my opinion, and never should be construed as a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold any particular investment.
tenkuky

Post by tenkuky »

Outafter20 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:07 pm Got the same exact email when my daughter tried opening up her own TD account when she turned 18 two weeks ago. Her savings bonds were linked to my account until she turned 18. Now that she is 18 she needs to "delink" her account and open her own account. We filled out the form with a medallion signature and mailed it on 3/7. As of today she still cannot access her account.

Just had same issue with our 18 year old. Will need to send in the form with Medallion signature at the bank.
Sigh. Never had this for our TD accounts.
Outafter20

Post by Outafter20 »

tenkuky wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:17 pm
Outafter20 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:07 pm Got the same exact email when my daughter tried opening up her own TD account when she turned 18 two weeks ago. Her savings bonds were linked to my account until she turned 18. Now that she is 18 she needs to "delink" her account and open her own account. We filled out the form with a medallion signature and mailed it on 3/7. As of today she still cannot access her account.

Just had same issue with our 18 year old. Will need to send in the form with Medallion signature at the bank.
Sigh. Never had this for our TD accounts.
Good luck. My daughter's account is now a solo account. From the time I dropped the form in the mailbox to the time the account was up and running took just under 2 weeks.