Auto Stock/Portfolio Update Service (Aggregator)?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
cobra911

Auto Stock/Portfolio Update Service (Aggregator)?

Post by cobra911 »

Are there any Web Sites/Online Brokerages out there that offer an auto stock/portfolio update (aggregator?) capability that will allow me to customize the spreadsheet to include only the daily data columns I want see with a single "Update" click of the mouse?
Thanks!
Topic Author
cobra911

Re: Auto Stock/Portfolio Update Service (Aggregator)?

Post by cobra911 »

Wow... I guess this was a strange question deserving no replies?? Years back I used to be able to sign in to a portfolio of my stocks and have them linked into my brokerage account and be automatically price updated with all the calculations of my choice immediately updated. Currently, I have to manually update my created xls spreadsheet with the daily closing prices to accomplish the same end. There has to be a site out in the web that allows a person to link their brokerage acct. to such a service with this flexibility?? :?: :confused
investorpeter

Re: Auto Stock/Portfolio Update Service (Aggregator)?

Post by investorpeter »

cobra911 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:30 pm Wow... I guess this was a strange question deserving no replies?? Years back I used to be able to sign in to a portfolio of my stocks and have them linked into my brokerage account and be automatically price updated with all the calculations of my choice immediately updated. Currently, I have to manually update my created xls spreadsheet with the daily closing prices to accomplish the same end. There has to be a site out in the web that allows a person to link their brokerage acct. to such a service with this flexibility?? :?: :confused
You can pull intraday stock prices in Google Sheets https://support.google.com/a/users/ans ... 8730?hl=en and MS Excel https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/of ... 3cf07fbc54. No need to manually update. That’s probably the easiest solution since you already have spreadsheets set up.

Otherwise, you could try Personal Capital or Morningstar. Many brokers like Fidelity also allow you to add external accounts for tracking.

I think maybe what was confusing about your request was the need for customized calculations “of your choice”. If you just want basic calculations like change in value, total value, etc. then any of the above should be fine. Otherwise, you are better off with your own spreadsheets.