cancel auto withdrawal Vanguard Brokerage Act. non-IRA

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
geezerpk

cancel auto withdrawal Vanguard Brokerage Act. non-IRA

Post by geezerpk »

I've had a 2 small automatic monthly withdrawal to a bank account from a Vanguard non-IRA brokerage account for a number of years and I am trying to to figure out how to cancel these withdrawals permanently. I can find no way to edit these auto transactions. The only auto transactions that show up for editing or canceling are in the IRA account. Can anyone help? I've investigated numerous routes but that all seem to lead to dead ends.
retired@50

Re: cancel auto withdrawal Vanguard Brokerage Act. non-IRA

Post by retired@50 »

geezerpk wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:46 pm I've had a 2 small automatic monthly withdrawal to a bank account from a Vanguard non-IRA brokerage account for a number of years and I am trying to to figure out how to cancel these withdrawals permanently. I can find no way to edit these auto transactions. The only auto transactions that show up for editing or canceling are in the IRA account. Can anyone help? I've investigated numerous routes but that all seem to lead to dead ends.
Once you've logged in to Vanguard go to...

My Accounts -> Profile & account settings

Look for the heading Banking and money movement
Then click on Automatic withdrawal

Then use the Edit or Delete options.

Regards,
This is one person's opinion. Nothing more.
Topic Author
geezerpk

Post by geezerpk »

Thanks for your reply. That sounds logical and I've gone that route. The link only brings up the automatic withdrawals that I've established for my IRA account to meet the yearly RMD that is required for we geezers. But the withdrawals within the non-IRA taxable account don't show up. I've found place where you can establish new auto withdrawals for those accounts but nowhere to edit or remove those already in place.
retired@50

Post by retired@50 »

geezerpk wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm But the withdrawals within the non-IRA taxable account don't show up.
This is where we differ.
I use automatic withdrawals on my non-IRA taxable account every month, and they show up with the ability to edit or delete.

I guess you'll have to get on the telephone and speak to someone at Vanguard.

Regards,
This is one person's opinion. Nothing more.
Topic Author
geezerpk

Post by geezerpk »

Thank you, I probably do what you suggest as much as I hate trying to problem solve over the phone, it's so 80s. ;-)