Emergency funds: ~6 months of expenses
Debt: Car = $21k @ 2.99%
Tax Filing Status: Single
Tax Rate: 24% Federal, 5% State
State of Residence: AL
Desired Asset allocation: TBD; Retirement is far down the road, with much higher earning potential. I am fine with significant risk today.
Desired International allocation: TBD
Total Portfolio = ~$70k
Roth IRA (~$14.4k)
- 10.3% - Vanguard Target Retirement 2055 Fund Investor Shares (VFFVX) (ER 0.15%)
- 7.6% - Vanguard Institutional Index Fund Institutional Plus Shares (VIIIX) (ER 0.02%)
- 70.1% - Northern Trust S&P 500 Index Fund Non Lending (ER 0.02%)
- Roth IRA: Max - $6k
401k: 10% (~$8,800) for 2021 | Employer contribution = 2% + 3% profit sharing
Some of these do not have ticker symbols unfortunately. I have these categorized exactly as they provide them.
Legend for below: [Fund Name] [Ticker, if available] [Expense Ratio]
- Loomis Sayles Bond Fund (Class N) (LSBNX) 0.59%
- Northern Trust Aggregate Bond Index Fund Non Lending (Tier 3) 0.04%
- PGIM Total Return Bond Fund (Class R6) (PTRQX) 0.41%
- T. Rowe Price Retirement Hybrid 2050 Trust (Class T4) 0.42%
- T. Rowe Price Retirement Hybrid 2055 Trust (Class T4) 0.42%
- T. Rowe Price Retirement Hybrid 2060 Trust (Class T4) 0.42%
- American Century Equity Income Fund (Class R6) 0.57%
- John Hancock Disciplined Value Mid Cap Fund (Class R6) (JVMRX) 0.76%
- Northern Trust S&P 500 Index Fund Non Lending (Tier 3) 0.02%
- Carillon Eagle Mid Cap Growth Fund (Class R6) (HRAUX) 0.65%
- Harbor Capital Appreciation Fund (Retirement Class) (HNACX)0.64%
- MFS New Discovery Value Fund (Class R6) (NDVVX) 0.87%
- Northern Trust Extended Equity Market Index Fund Non Lending (Tier 3) 0.05%
- Principal Real Estate Securities Fund (Class R6) (PFRSX) 0.81%
- Victory RS Small Cap Growth Fund (Class R6) (RSEJX) 1.06%
- American Century Emerging Markets Fund (Class R6) (AEDMX) 0.90%
- American Funds - EuroPacific Growth Fund (Class R6) (RERGX) 0.46%
- Invesco Global Fund (Class R6) (OGLIX) 0.67%
- MFS International New Discovery Fund (Class R6) (MIDLX) 0.93%
- Northern Trust ACWI ex US IMI Fund Non Lending (Tier 3) 0.09%
- I've been saving for a down payment for a house since the beginning of this year (~$25k so far in a HYSA). I'm planning to have a house by October of next year. Therefore, I haven't been investing as much as I could have been and don't plan to change that until after I have a house.
- I anticipate being married by the time I have the house so combined income, tax bracket/filing and all that good stuff will change if that happens.
- What do you recommend for asset allocation?
- How do I get there with the 401k offerings I have?
From my research and limited experience, I'd think it would be simple and effective to just go the target date fund route, but those ER are relatively high so I avoided those initially and just threw 100% into the Northern Trust S&P 500 Index Fund since it's ER is so low, but I'm guessing this doesn't get me to a desired AA. I'm still very new to all of this, despite all the research I've been doing over the last few years, so the more I can KISS the better!
Thanks in advance for all the help everyone!