2 different pricing on VFIAX in my account today 9/30

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Mode32

2 different pricing on VFIAX in my account today 9/30

Post by Mode32 »

In an effort to make things less complicated and more optimal for future potential TLH, I decided to clean up our tax-advantaged accounts (IRA’s and Rollover IRA) today.

All of these different accounts are with Vanguard.

In our IRA’s, we initially held all VTSAX and today I exchanged all VTSAX for VFIAX. The price for VFIAX for these transactions is showing -.47% ($307.75) now.

However, in our Rollover IRA and another IRA, we initially held both VFIAX and VTSAX, and today I exchanged all the VTSAX for VFIAX. The price for VFIAX for these transactions is showing +.83 ($310.29) now.

1.Why are there different prices for VFIAX for transactions (on different accounts) happening on the same day?

2. I’m assuming it has something to do with VFIAX paying out dividends very recently; however, I thought that I had waited past the ex-dividend date by making these transactions today?

3. Did I just mess up by buying VFIAX For higher price on some of these transactions?

Appreciate any clarification.

Stay safe
Stinky

Re: 2 different pricing on VFIAX in my account today 9/30

Post by Stinky »

I believe that the price of VFIAX on 9/30 is $310.29.

Vanguard seems to process some transactions overnight. If I were you, I’d log in tomorrow morning to see if your situation resolves itself.
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt
Topic Author
Mode32

Re: 2 different pricing on VFIAX in my account today 9/30

Post by Mode32 »

Stinky wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:22 pm I believe that the price of VFIAX on 9/30 is $310.29.

Vanguard seems to process some transactions overnight. If I were you, I’d log in tomorrow morning to see if your situation resolves itself.
Thank you! You were right, all was appropriate in a day or two.