Real estate investment - western states

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
mahgeetah01

Real estate investment - western states

Post by mahgeetah01 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:09 am

I am considering investing in real estate in one of the western states. Ideally, this would be an "up and coming" vacation and/or 4-seasons location where I capture rental income but also bring the family there once or twice annually, and have access to outdoor activities (hiking, skiing, lake, and/or river).

I'm thinking along the lines of McCall, ID, Bend, OR, Missoula, MT, or other locations in lower-property tax states (ID, WY, MT, OR, CO, maybe CA or WA). This would be in contrast to some of the more saturated locations like the I-70 mountain towns (Vail, Breck, etc.), Coeur D Alene, Tahoe, Jackson Hole, etc.

Thank you!

retired@50

Re: Real estate investment - western states

Post by retired@50 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:11 am

What is your question?

Regards,
This is one person's opinion. Nothing more.

Topic Author
mahgeetah01

Post by mahgeetah01 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:14 am

Sorry, I was unclear. My question is, what are some towns/cities/locations in these western states that meet the criteria (access to outdoor activities, rental potential, "up and coming" or less-developed, low property tax)?

Thanks.

scubadiver

Post by scubadiver » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:30 pm

mahgeetah01 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:09 am
I am considering investing in real estate in one of the western states. Ideally, this would be an "up and coming" vacation and/or 4-seasons location where I capture rental income but also bring the family there once or twice annually, and have access to outdoor activities (hiking, skiing, lake, and/or river).

I'm thinking along the lines of McCall, ID, Bend, OR, Missoula, MT, or other locations in lower-property tax states (ID, WY, MT, OR, CO, maybe CA or WA). This would be in contrast to some of the more saturated locations like the I-70 mountain towns (Vail, Breck, etc.), Coeur D Alene, Tahoe, Jackson Hole, etc.

Thank you!
If you're going to speculate on real estate you might want to do a bit more research than starting a thread about it on personal finance forum.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Scubadiver