Vanguard Transaction Question

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
The 19th hole

Vanguard Transaction Question

Post by The 19th hole »

So it’s time to change my AA from 70/30 to 60/40. I’m 5 years into an early retirement and living comfortably on my pension and income from taxable accounts. I came into a small sum that will help me accomplish this change, but it’s in a taxable account and I want the fixed income portion (the 10% change) in my tIRA.

My thought is to sell $X equities fund in tIRA and buy $X bond fund in tIRA simultaneously while buying the same equities position ($X) in my taxable account at the same time.

Is this the best way to accomplish this task? Are there any pitfalls?

Thanks.
livesoft

Re: Vanguard Transaction Question

Post by livesoft »

I would do the same. This is a pretty routine and typical set of transactions I think. No particular pitfalls to discuss.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

livesoft wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:29 pm I would do the same. This is a pretty routine and typical set of transactions I think. No particular pitfalls to discuss.
+1.
Topic Author
The 19th hole

Post by The 19th hole »

livesoft wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:29 pm I would do the same. This is a pretty routine and typical set of transactions I think. No particular pitfalls to discuss.
Thanks. Just checking :happy