VG/Schwab March estimated dividends

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
samsoes

VG/Schwab March estimated dividends

Post by samsoes »

Hi folks, (trying to ignore the turbulence), does anyone know if Vanguard and Schwab have posted estimated March quarterly dividends for ETF's? Specifically VTI/VXUS/SCHB. These estimates are increasingly difficult to find.
Thanks!
"Happiness Is Not My Companion" - Gen. Gouverneur K. Warren. | (Avatar is the statue of Gen. Warren atop Little Round Top @ Gettysburg National Military Park.)
MotoTrojan

Re: VG/Schwab March estimated dividends

Post by MotoTrojan »

Curious what you do with this info?
Topic Author
samsoes

Post by samsoes »

MotoTrojan wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:22 pm Curious what you do with this info?
Planning.

I need to show targeted quarterly income for ACA purposes, in-line with the quarterly income targets I provided during enrollment. (State-run exchange requires documentation in order to qualify on an ongoing basis for Premium Tax Credits and Cost Sharing Reductions since this is my first year on ACA after FIRE late in 2019.)

Based on the dividends received, I have to sell investments (probably bond funds or I-bonds) to reach the quarterly income target.
"Happiness Is Not My Companion" - Gen. Gouverneur K. Warren. | (Avatar is the statue of Gen. Warren atop Little Round Top @ Gettysburg National Military Park.)
Topic Author
samsoes

Post by samsoes »

Bump, thanks.
Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

Sell SCHB and buy BRK/b. You may be able to tax loss harvest and avoid any gain in doing so now. BRK/b doesn't pay dividends so you don't have to worry about that going forward. Schwab allows selling specific tax lots or simply designate highest basis.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
Random Poster

Post by Random Poster »

samsoes wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:27 pm
Planning.

I need to show targeted quarterly income for ACA purposes, in-line with the quarterly income targets I provided during enrollment. (State-run exchange requires documentation in order to qualify on an ongoing basis for Premium Tax Credits and Cost Sharing Reductions since this is my first year on ACA after FIRE late in 2019.)

Based on the dividends received, I have to sell investments (probably bond funds or I-bonds) to reach the quarterly income target.
Not your question, but what happens if you show that your actual income is under the projected targets?

I could understand a penalty if the income is above the targets, but what about when it is under them?
Topic Author
samsoes

Post by samsoes »

Random Poster wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:01 am
Planning.

Not your question, but what happens if you show that your actual income is under the projected targets?

I could understand a penalty if the income is above the targets, but what about when it is under them?
This is my first year on my state exchange ACA (commercial insurance company). I don't want to find out what would happen. My concern is that I would be moved to the state ACA Medicaid program. That's out of the question, considering the lack of local providers accepting ACA Medicaid, and that my state claws-back the cost of premiums and benefits paid. Like I said, out of the question.
dh

Post by dh »

I don't know about Schwab, but Vanguard posts (check back for updates):
https://investornews.vanguard/estimated ... ributions/
Topic Author
samsoes

Post by samsoes »

dh wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:08 pm I don't know about Schwab, but Vanguard posts (check back for updates):
https://investornews.vanguard/estimated ... ributions/
Thanks, dh, but that link isn't it (I ran across it in my searches). It refers to supplemental distributions from last year. (SCHB isn't on the list.)

The Vanguard funds listed in the PDF below earned taxable income, realized capital gains, or both for their fiscal years ended December 31, 2019, or January 31, 2020, in excess of the amounts distributed in December 2019.

I'm looking for the regular 1Q distributions.
fru-gal

Post by fru-gal »

samsoes wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:27 pm
This is my first year on my state exchange ACA (commercial insurance company). I don't want to find out what would happen. My concern is that I would be moved to the state ACA Medicaid program. That's out of the question, considering the lack of local providers accepting ACA Medicaid,...
In my area, the big teaching hospitals and their physicians practices accept Medicare. Perhaps they accept Medicaid as well, I dunno.
retired@50

Post by retired@50 »

Planning.

I'm not sure what state you're in, but I doubt anyone from the state is going to track you down and force you onto Medicaid. After all, how can they expect you to be clairvoyant about your "future" income. As I understand it, since I've been using an ACA policy since its inception in 2013, the annual number is most relevant. So, if needed, you could sell something at some point to generate a bit of capital gain. That should do the trick.

Regards,
This is one person's opinion. Nothing more.
Topic Author
samsoes

Post by samsoes »

retired@50 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:35 pm
Planning.

I'm not sure what state you're in, but I doubt anyone from the state is going to track you down and force you onto Medicaid. After all, how can they expect you to be clairvoyant about your "future" income. As I understand it, since I've been using an ACA policy since its inception in 2013, the annual number is most relevant. So, if needed, you could sell something at some point to generate a bit of capital gain. That should do the trick.

Regards,
The most relevant number is the annual MAGI, yes, but that's in regard to the Feds (IRS).

My state conducts intra-year audits. Anecdotally, I know of two people that were forced into Medicaid mid-year. One suffered a claw-back when she received her inheritance from her mother's estate. She now has income high enough to go back to an ACA commercial plan, which will be effective April 1.

Anyway, back to my original question, does anyone have info regarding estimated March distributions for VTI, VXUS, and SCHB? I'd like to stick to the original plan that I submitted to my state exchange and not test the waters by deviating from it.

Thanks!
Random Poster

Post by Random Poster »

samsoes wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:54 am
Anyway, back to my original question, does anyone have info regarding estimated March distributions for VTI, VXUS, and SCHB? I'd like to stick to the original plan that I submitted to my state exchange and not test the waters by deviating from it.

Thanks!
See this post in another thread:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=306746#p5086168

Nothing about amounts, only possible dates.