Anyone invested in ARK funds?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
CodeMaster

Anyone invested in ARK funds?

Post by CodeMaster » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:52 am

They seem to be really into next generation portfolio ... what do you think about them? :sharebeer :beer

flyphotoguy

Re: Anyone invested in ARK funds?

Post by flyphotoguy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:58 am

Looking at them, or rather they're on my watch list for my playground, speculative or play money, whichever term is being used now. I saw an interview with the ceo last year in bloomberg (I think) that got me interested in what they were investing in but I'm just keeping an eye for now.

Topic Author
CodeMaster

Post by CodeMaster » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:59 pm

flyphotoguy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:58 am
Looking at them, or rather they're on my watch list for my playground, speculative or play money, whichever term is being used now. I saw an interview with the ceo last year in bloomberg (I think) that got me interested in what they were investing in but I'm just keeping an eye for now.
Yea.. the female person right? I dont know her name but shes always speaking for Ark. I was impressed by how strong they stood by TSLA esp during TSLA's appearing weakness and falls. After that I became interested in what else they were betting on since I feel they can sense next generation long term booms pretty well. Also probably mainly "play money" but definitely starting to study them now.

Van Down By Da River

Post by Van Down By Da River » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:50 pm

I invested in all their funds a few years ago (ARKK, ARKG, ARKQ, ARKW) before I cleaned up my portfolio and adopted more of a boglehead portfolio to simplify my accounts.

If I remember correctly, they beat the S&P 500 by about 10% per year when I had them, but they were very volatile and I ended up selling them at the end of 2019. I may get back into them if we have a downturn and some of their holdings come back to earth a little, would make a great investment if you wanted to make a 10 year+ gamble with a small chunk of change

renegade06

Post by renegade06 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:57 pm

I love ARK funds and am invested in ARKK and ARKG. I am a big believer in innovation and I like using my “play” account to be part of the innovation wave while not putting it all on one or two stocks. I think the fund manager (Catherine Wood) is excellent.

ChinchillaWhiplash

Post by ChinchillaWhiplash » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:46 pm

ARKK is tempting. No dividend either. Might put a little in the taxable or Roth. They did hold cryptos. Not sure if they still do? Would be a safer way to invest in it if it does.