How to change automatic investments at Vanguard?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Jefferson

How to change automatic investments at Vanguard?

Post by Jefferson »

Please forgive me if it’s right in front of my face, but I cannot figure out how to do this.

I set up automatic investments on my Vanguard taxable account. Every Friday, a certain amount of money goes into a few mutual funds. I would like to modify the amounts to each fund, but I cannot figure out how to do this. I would be fine with deleting the automatic purchases and starting over, but I don’t see how to do that either.

Would someone familiar with the Vanguard site please tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance.
Longdog

Re: How to change automatic investments at Vanguard?

Post by Longdog »

It's under My Accounts/Account Maintenance
Steve
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

Does this help?

Click on "My Accounts", then "Account Maintenance", then on "Automatic investment"
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
ved

Post by ved »

After you log in to teh Vanguard site, go to:
My Accounts (in the top tool bar)
Select "Account Maintenance"
In the rendered page, click on "Automatic investment" in the "Banking and Money Movement" section.

Then you should see lonks to edit or delete your automatic investment
Topic Author
Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

That worked! Thank you for the quick replies!
Radical Dreamer

Post by Radical Dreamer »

Sorry for necro'ing an old thread, but I've looked all over and can't figure out how to update my scheduled auto-investments.

What's the current way to do this? The instructions on this thread don't work (there is no "Account Maintenance" link).

I've tried "Profile & account settings" > "Automatic Investment", but this takes me to a page that lets me add new auto-investments -- I can't see existing ones. I know I have some set up, because I have money coming out of my account to Vanguard regularly.

It seems like Vanguard is getting increasingly more difficult to navigate, and simple things like this that should be front and center are buried in obscure places.

EDIT: Never mind, I think I see what's going on. It's for 529 contributions, and those are on a different Vanguard site (vgi529.com), but my point still stands that this makes it really hard to manage things, when it's not all actually in one place (which I was trying to achieve by having everything at Vanguard).
ceflyn

Post by ceflyn »

I was struggling with this myself, and finally found a way to get to editing and existing automatic investment. Go to "Profile & account settings" from the top of the page, then "Set up a recurring investment" from the options in the box at the top of that page.
McScribble

Post by McScribble »

Had to watch a Vanguard tutorial to find it, but if you click "Profile & account settings" in the top right, then click the "Banking" tab and "Automatic investment," you can skip, edit, or delete auto investments.

I love Vanguard, but I've had the hardest time trying to figure out how to do several very straightforward things on their website.
"I could have been anyone from anywhere, but I chose to be me from right here."
inves76

Post by inves76 »

This is the worst design ever. How a firm like Vanguard can have site like this? It is really that difficult to add a direct link to the automatic investments?