Roth LS Growth/Taxable Ind. components

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
puc_ytpme

Roth LS Growth/Taxable Ind. components

Post by puc_ytpme »

Hello folks,

My Roth consists of the LifeStrategy Growth Fund(VASGX), my taxable consists of two of the individual components that make up the LS Growth Fund. Total stock market Us & Total International... Specific ID is set in taxable, reinvestment of Dividends is turned off.

1) When I do harvest in the future from my taxable either from Total stock market or Total international X U.S. & make a contribution to my Roth, will this in turn cause a wash sell?

I ask because the funds in my Roth & taxable are not exactly identical as the IRS states per wash sale rules. Yet, The LifeStrategy Growth Fund holds two of the funds that are exactly identical in my taxable.

Doing my best to wrap my head around this one... If someone could assist, I would appreciate it!

All the best
No person ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river & they’re not the same person
retiredjg

Re: Roth LS Growth/Taxable Ind. components

Post by retiredjg »

No wash sale. An individual fund is not substantially identical to a fund that contains 4 funds.
Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue »

No. The individual funds are not Substantially Identical to the Lifestrategy Fund even though they have commonality. Not even close.

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Wash_sa ... _identical

Cheers
Topic Author
puc_ytpme

Post by puc_ytpme »

Thanks retiredjg & for the wiki link Silk McCue

All the Best
No person ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river & they’re not the same person