AMRN Stock

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
guwop

AMRN Stock

Post by guwop » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:28 pm

Anybody on this board a shareholder of AMRN? The FDA Advisory Committee voted 16-0 in favor of expanding the label for its main cardiovascular drug, Vascepa, which seems like a pretty big deal. I'm thinking of grabbing some shares for my Roth IRA..who knows, maybe one day it'll be the next Pfizer.

Would love to hear other takes on this stock, if any. I currently do not have any stocks in my Roth IRA, but this could be a keeper since all Americans eat is fast food, which results in cardiovascular problems!

Cheers
-guwop

HomeStretch

Re: AMRN Stock

Post by HomeStretch » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:54 pm

It hasn’t been approved (yet). FDA’s advisory committee (unanimously) voted to recommend a label expansion. The committee’s vote is non-binding. The issue is on FDA’s calendar for a December vote. FDA could approve it, request more clinical data, or...

The stock price is up ~12% likely on the news so it looks like the market has already reacted. Might be a good investment or not.

triggertreat

Post by triggertreat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:28 am

Yes.Bought 100 shares at $2.80 setting in line to get my oil changed after a Doctors appointment . True story.
Last edited by triggertreat on Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldcomputerguy
Location: In the middle of five acres of woods in East Tennessee

Post by oldcomputerguy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:31 am

Just a reminder, medical issues are off-topic for the forum. Please keep the discussion focused on investments in the stock. Thanks!
"I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people; and if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you." (Aaron Sorkin)

JonnyDVM

Post by JonnyDVM » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:28 am

Yes. I was turned onto it at $12. My (physician) friends have way more of it than I do. Sometimes I wonder if Bogleheads has made me a bit too cautious with individual stocks. It takes one big winner to undo a lot of middling picks. This ones been a bit of a ride. Shot up. Then down. Then up. Then way down when this adcom was announced and now back up at a torrid pace we go.
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. -Dr. Seuss

happyisland

Post by happyisland » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:08 am

The rest of the market knows everything we do.

z3r0c00l

Post by z3r0c00l » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:14 am

Chart seems to have it over $1000 a share in the 90's, did it have a bunch of splits since then or has it just collapsed and puttered around since, or chart error?

superbobbyg

Post by superbobbyg » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:20 pm

Have been buying since recommended by Dr. Roizen (Cleveland Clinic), a few months ago. Adcom vote of 16-0 was a pleasant surprise(unanimous nature). However, in December the FDA wil decide on the labeling , or how wide spread the usage can be. This is the money$$$ decision.

AMRN financials are solid.

I have added steadily, including buying more yesterday. But need to watch closely; get out if any sign of overvaluation or negative news. I did buy a protective put (expired 10/15) before the Adcom which would have still got me 3-4% gain if things went south.

So in summary, AMRN has much potential, probably get bought out. But recognize the risk with a stock like this.

Needs to be tended to; not buy and forget.

My 2c.

Bob