Is the new McDonald's CEO a boglehead?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
German Expat

Is the new McDonald's CEO a boglehead?

Post by German Expat » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:28 am

Just read at bloomberg that the new McDonald's CEO followed what is recommended on the forum to not put his egg all into the same basket. Seems like he sold his shares and also liquidated his options relative early. So maybe he is now all in Vanguard index funds :D

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... he-company

JoMoney

Re: Is the new McDonald's CEO a boglehead?

Post by JoMoney » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:49 am

I would want the CEO of a company to have a substantial portion of their future wealth tied to that of the company.
...Besides "eggs in a basket" is kind of a thing McDonalds specializes in
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham

Stinky

Post by Stinky » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:56 am

German Expat wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:28 am
Just read at bloomberg that the new McDonald's CEO followed what is recommended on the forum to not put his egg all into the same basket. Seems like he sold his shares and also liquidated his options relative early. So maybe he is now all in Vanguard index funds :D

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... he-company
I’m a little surprised that the new CEO currently owns no shares.

At my former employer, those executives who were subject to stock ownership guidelines were not required to purchase shares on the market. However, they couldn’t sell any shares that they received through compensation programs until they met the ownership guidelines.

I’m kind of surprised that McDonald’s didn’t have the same rules.
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt

oldcomputerguy
Location: In the middle of five acres of woods in East Tennessee

Post by oldcomputerguy » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:55 am

This topic has been locked as off-topic. See Personal Investments:
This subforum is for all questions about your (or your friend's or family's) actual investments or investment planning. This includes retirement plan accounts, taxable accounts and tax issues related to buying and selling stocks. If you have a question about what to buy, what to hold, what to sell or how to set up an asset allocation plan, ask it here.
"I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people; and if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you." (Aaron Sorkin)