Schwab Intelligent Advisor ?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
DJAlcatraz

Schwab Intelligent Advisor ?

Post by DJAlcatraz » Mon May 13, 2019 4:43 pm

I am at the point where I want/need some professional advice. New to this forum, so maybe I start here and get advice, but bottom line, I need some help with my asset allocation. I want to simplify things and create a portfolio where i can rebalance once I establish what that is.

I think it might make sense to talk to a financial advisor. I use SCHWAB for most of my IRA. I actually have a small percentage in the ROBO Intelligent product. Now they are offering a program where if you have $25,000 you pay $300 Once and $30.month for ongoing financial advice. Curious if anyone else is using this, and your thoughts? I probably would only need to use someone a few times a year, but something like this does sound appealing.

That's basically $360/year to talk to someone, just not sure if that is better than talking to someone else/other.

OR Do I just post my portolio here and get some advice first?

thanks...

mpnret

Re: Schwab Intelligent Advisor ?

Post by mpnret » Mon May 13, 2019 5:16 pm

Jmh04j

Post by Jmh04j » Mon May 13, 2019 6:16 pm

What I don’t like about this service is that the whole service is geared towards using the Intelligent Portfolio only. You could just use the Intelligent Portfolio instead of the Advisory and save the fees.

Topic Author
DJAlcatraz

Post by DJAlcatraz » Mon May 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Yes, I realize that. I actually have about $25000 in an Intelligent portfolio just to explore it a bit. It;s been there about a year. Didn’t do as well as my OTHER ASSETS in my Schwab IRA, but i also think it is not as volatile. I could simply just transfer a bigger amount of my IRA to this and i am considering this, but ive been listening a lot to podcasts, reading blogs, and just want to figure out what my overall strategy and plan is.